ADVERTISEMENT

What's the minimum number of games Kelly needs to win to keep his job

We mentally suppress memories of all Tommy Rees games in which we lost. Just like FSU fans do with the Chris Rix era. :)
Good point. Sadly Rix had skills and was a great competitor. Freshman ACC player of the year. Just no QB coaching and never progressed. Wish Jimbo could have coached him.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Just for the fun of it, let me throw out a couple of names. Tom Clements and Jerry Kill. What does Tommy Rees have anything to do about anything? Is he our default name when discussing Irish losses?

Just for the fun of it, let me throw out a couple of names. Tom Clements and Jerry Kill. What does Tommy Rees have anything to do about anything? Is he our default name when discussing Irish losses?

Clements was born in 1953. He is therefore 62 years old now, and has never had any head coaching experience.

Now give us someone qualified.

Reactions: Bodizephax
jack

based upon what I been reading on this board this week, why fire a coach that has been out-recruiting everyone in the country and has won 5 straight National Championships! Are you nuts?

Now give us someone qualified.

I gave you realistic. That's what is out there. No Gruden, no Stoops, no Saban, no Urban. That is why BK has to get it right. There is no one else. I'm the only one who actually named names and I named candidates who are realistic in today's landscape. Scary, isn't it? BTW: Jerry Kill has won everywhere he has been the HC and he has been a HC for a long time. His downside is his health issues. I mention this because I don't want a bunch of follow up responses tearing Coach Kill to shreds. He's a good guy and a good coach. The Gophers are lucky to have him. We also have a good coach who's been around the block a time or two. He knows what he's doing. Sometimes he can't seem to get out of his own way, but, I want BK to be successful and I want BK to be at ND for a long time. He understands ND. He gets it. This is a "no excuse" 2015 season though. Suspensions, injuries, terrible calls that go against the Irish will not be easily excused by Irish Nation I have a feeling. As far as Tommy Clements. I understand he has never been a HC and has never been hired as a HC but that won't stop this former Domer from trying again. Kudos to Tom. Clements to Weber. Like it was yesterday.

Jack, I basically agree with you. That is why, whenever a poster says that Kelly needs to go, i ask who the poster thinks should replace him. As you are aware, most posters dodge the question and say that Swarbrick should have a list of potential candidates. They apparently think that all Jack needs to do is snap his fingers and these candiates will come crawling to ND. That's unrealistic.
We all recognize that Kelly is not without his flaws. That said, I don't see any realistic candidates out there, i.e, I am excluding Saban, Meyer and Stoops, who I think would be an upgrade from Kelly. I think Kill is a very good coach, but I don't know that he is better than Kelly. I don't think Clements has any chance at all.
If there would be an opening, my first choice would be Charlie Strong. I have no idea whether he would leave Texas for ND, although he was an assistant here.

I was 11 years old watching the 73 sugar bowl with my Dad, The game of the century. Another great memory I had with my Dad.
I remember telling my Dad Notre Dame was going to win all their games in 1973. He didn't believe me. He told me that I predicted a undefeated season in 1971 and 1972 and that I was o for 2,
I cried my eyes out when Nebraska beat Notre Dame 40 to 6 in 1972 with Johnny Rogers having a big game. I really believed The Irish were God's team and could not lose. It was a rude awakening.

You are obviously baiting Argus so take you ball and go home back to Tallahassee and stop that higher then now "oh I never bait Argus I just respond" bs...

Reactions: Bodizephax
You are obviously baiting Argus so take you ball and go home back to Tallahassee and stop that higher then now "oh I never bait Argus I just respond" bs...
Actually I was referring to several others here being worse than pers. Argus is an obvious given, a poster boy and a national low standard in a world of his own when it comes to village idiots. He's hall of fame material.

Still think Kelly will bail if ND has a very successful season. Recruiting is not going that well for 2016 and we are losing a lot of talent ,Stanley,Smith,Day,etc, After this season I think we will be in the 8-4 Kelly type years again . Kellyis looking to the pros .

Still think Kelly will bail if ND has a very successful season. Recruiting is not going that well for 2016 and we are losing a lot of talent ,Stanley,Smith,Day,etc, After this season I think we will be in the 8-4 Kelly type years again . Kellyis looking to the pros .
We are suppose to have depth now - if true - the graduation cycle shouldn't hurt ND badly - we will just re-load like Ohio State or Alabama.

The real Village Idiot here is obviously Mo1e. Only a Village Idiot would spend his days camped out at an opposing teams site trying to defend his teams immoral behavior while accusing the opposing teams coach of murder, its players of all kinds of delusional violations all while trying to convince us his team, FSU and their Coach Jumbo is some how less corrupt and despicable than they have been shown to be.

Yes, Mo1e, the Village Idiot!

Reactions: sluggo69
The real Village Idiot here is obviously Mo1e. Only a Village Idiot would spend his days camped out at an opposing teams site trying to defend his teams immoral behavior while accusing the opposing teams coach of murder, its players of all kinds of delusional violations all while trying to convince us his team, FSU and their Coach Jumbo is some how less corrupt and despicable than they have been shown to be.

Yes, Mo1e, the Village Idiot!
Why all the anger and hate - even Abner Louima didn't show this much hostility after his visit to the 70th Precinct.

7-5 he has 2 be gone. 8-4 and he should be gone . 9- 3 and his seat is cold. 10-2 and he buys himself another 3 -4 yrs as long as 6-6 is maintained. Just got to have 1 good season every 4 -5 yrs

7-5 and he has to be gone. There will be a revolt from fan base that forces the issue. 8-4 and he should be gone . 9-3 and he is all set. 10-2 and he buys himself 3 -4 more yrs if he wants em as long as at least 6-6 is maintained. Just got to have 1 real good yr out of 4 to keep the powers that be at ND content.

Just for the record, jumbo was ranked the 19th best coach in CFB by the Sporting News. That probably is a little high because his wins have been with a weak schedule and a host of despicable people. Brian Kelly dropped to 11 based on his poor season last year battling injuries. Expect Jumbo to fall further with more losses in 2015 and the continued regression he has brought to the program by the horrible culture he has created in Tallahassee.

Just for the record, jumbo was ranked the 19th best coach in CFB by the Sporting News. That probably is a little high because his wins have been with a weak schedule and a host of despicable people. Brian Kelly dropped to 11 based on his poor season last year battling injuries. Expect Jumbo to fall further with more losses in 2015 and the continued regression he has brought to the program by the horrible culture he has created in Tallahassee.
Just for the record this thread is about Kelly not Jimbo Mr. Hijacker.

If you would like I will be happy to link other coaching rankings. All where Jimbo is top 10 (one at #3) and all ranked higher than Kelly who isn't even ranked in the top 20 in one. It's subjective and the only thing keeping Jimbo out of everyone's top five is longevity. Only five years.

No one but you and your 20+ usernames would question that in the past several years Jimbo is one of the top coaches in the country and is expected to get better after stockpiling talent equal to any program in the country. The rich get richer. Two undefeated back to back seasons, Conference champs, National champs, top four, more players drafted in a three year period than any team in history. Shall I go on?

FSU's strength of schedule was 22 last year. ND was 34. IMHO FSU will again finish with a better record than most teams including ND.

Just for the record this thread is about Kelly not Jimbo Mr. Hijacker.

If you would like I will be happy to link other coaching rankings. All where Jimbo is top 10 (one at #3) and all ranked higher than Kelly who isn't even ranked in the top 20 in one. It's subjective and the only thing keeping Jimbo out of everyone's top five is longevity. Only five years.

No one but you and your 20+ usernames would question that in the past several years Jimbo is one of the top coaches in the country and is expected to get better after stockpiling talent equal to any program in the country. The rich get richer. Two undefeated back to back seasons, Conference champs, National champs, top four, more players drafted in a three year period than any team in history. Shall I go on?

FSU's strength of schedule was 22 last year. ND was 34. IMHO FSU will again finish with a better record than most teams including ND.

Well they say that hell hath no fury like.....

I believe that years/decades ago argus was spurned by his one true love.

I am certain his room was full of posters like those linked. His parents openly wept over his fantasies.

His mother could be heard often rationalizing with her husband, "At least it's the handsome one and not the fat one...." His father would simply say, "For all the love that is Holy please shut up." That was usually followed by, "As soon as he's committed we are packing up and leaving..."

After using every stamp the asylum would let him have ......argus never got a reply...

Thus, "nutsy I hate all things fsu fagan" was born....

https://www.google.com/search?q=bur...X&ved=0CB0QsARqFQoTCPuA9-Gj8sYCFYuWiAodcOMKGQ

Kelly isn't going to the pros next year or for many. He isn't qualified. Don't think Smith is going anywhere unless he blows up this year. Stanley will be a top pick but there is enough depth in the oline to take that hit and don't think Day leaving is a that much to overcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT