ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on with Demetrius Robertson?

In the minority here, but see nothing wrong with him deciding not to sign on National Signing Day, nor do I see anything wrong with him trying repeatedly to gain admission to Stanford. Absent that, seems pretty clear he will be heading off the Georgia or Georgia State, bending to family preference. Would absolutely love to have him bring his talents to ND, but looks like we took a whiff with the kid and his family.

In the minority here, but see nothing wrong with him deciding not to sign on National Signing Day, nor do I see anything wrong with him trying repeatedly to gain admission to Stanford. Absent that, seems pretty clear he will be heading off the Georgia or Georgia State, bending to family preference. Would absolutely love to have him bring his talents to ND, but looks like we took a whiff with the kid and his family.
I would agree if it weren't for the fact he's going to end up at UG. If Academics were so important he'd go to ND, GT, Northwestern..

I have a feeling even if he did get admitted to Stanford he wouldn't go there. I mean you have 2-3 years of recruiting to try and figure it out, and this kid can't.

I would agree if it weren't for the fact he's going to end up at UG. If Academics were so important he'd go to ND, GT, Northwestern..

I have a feeling even if he did get admitted to Stanford he wouldn't go there. I mean you have 2-3 years of recruiting to try and figure it out, and this kid can't.

The academic deal was his brother's deal, not Drob's. The delay is also on Carlos, Drob would have signed on signing day otherwise. But he was very unlikely to sign with anywhere his mother didn't visit, that is the final say.

must be some tense round table discussion! does D. get to speak?

I have a feeling he will some day look back on this and see all this just as we here have.

He better 'pan out', or he'll be living with Mom forever!

geez! wait till he discovers 'girls'!:confused:

must be some tense round table discussion! does D. get to speak?

I have a feeling he will some day look back on this and see all this just as we here have.

He better 'pan out', or he'll be living with Mom forever!

geez! wait till he discovers 'girls'!:confused:

He doesn't live with her now and hasn't for a couple of years, however his twin sister does. Mom's work transferred her out of Savannah, Drob wanted to stay so his brother gained guardianship and he lives with him. Drob has always wanted to play in the SEC, committed to Bama over a year ago. Then Carlos got involved.

sorry, at 17/18 he can't totally pass the buck; we don't know how up front he has been. But I doubt ND sends that Trailer if it was comminucated that D had his minset towards the SEC. It really appears from D's mindset that ND was not ever a real destination. On the other hand, the ND staff could have read it this way and decided to 'roll the dice'.

The ND / DRob saga got it's mo from TOS mods hyping with basically bogus CB's the last month or so probably to generate subscription interest.

The academic deal was his brother's deal, not Drob's. The delay is also on Carlos, Drob would have signed on signing day otherwise. But he was very unlikely to sign with anywhere his mother didn't visit, that is the final say.

He is 18 years old already...does he need the permission of his brother or his mother? If he does the fact he can likely buy an assault rifle without one is troubling.

Tell big bro to get lost and get a job and make a life for himself.

gotta wonder if this kid can ever be a 'team' player. If he has any chance at the NFL, he is a definate 3 n out!

At ND he would have almost no 1st year impact, so 2 years n out! worth the trouble? ND has a terrific group of skilled players already. fawgettaboutit!

The decision is his not his brother. If he's going to let his brother run his life now I doubt that's going to change when he arrives on campus. Also, I want Type A personalities on my roster not guys who let their brothers lead them around by the nose.

No matter who you want to blame, its trouble and he would never have lasted at ND.. so best he never comes.

He is 18 years old already...does he need the permission of his brother or his mother? If he does the fact he can likely buy an assault rifle without one is troubling.

Apparently he wants the approval of his mother, why would he or any other kid want to do something he knows is against her wishes? I don't know where he is going, but I think it's down to 2 schools, GT and UGA.

The decision is his not his brother. If he's going to let his brother run his life now I doubt that's going to change when he arrives on campus. Also, I want Type A personalities on my roster not guys who let their brothers lead them around by the nose.

No matter who you want to blame, its trouble and he would never have lasted at ND.. so best he never comes.

Yet if he picks ND you, everyone else here and ND's staff will be celebrating. If not for his brother, ND would never have been in the picture, nor Stanford, he would be signed to Bama.

well if he picks ND then he comes in 'late', well behind other 'rooks'and has burned 1 year out of a plan that can best be described as fubar!

Now if he arrives and has grown to 6'4 and 320 lbs and can play DE/DT woooo-whoooo!

btw: shocking, just shocking CB's by multiple mods this morn!!!!!!

Last edited:
Apparently he wants the approval of his mother, why would he or any other kid want to do something he knows is against her wishes? I don't know where he is going, but I think it's down to 2 schools, GT and UGA.

Yet if he picks ND you, everyone else here and ND's staff will be celebrating. If not for his brother, ND would never have been in the picture, nor Stanford, he would be signed to Bama.
thankfully my parents never butted in during my recruitment. my dad just said to be sure that my decision was what i wanted and not for anyone else.

thankfully my parents never butted in during my recruitment. my dad just said to be sure that my decision was what i wanted and not for anyone else.

Technically she can't stop him from going anywhere, I guess he respects her enough to not want to go against her wishes of playing 600+miles away from home.

Technically she can't stop him from going anywhere, I guess he respects her enough to not want to go against her wishes of playing 600+miles away from home.

well, if his family has such strong infuence then it probably is best to stay closer to home; on the other hand noone turns away a 5* prospect; though it would be better if he was a DT!

he wil announce his college decision downtown in Atlanta at the college football hall of fame just like former irish player jimmy clause did when the hall of fame was in south bend. the whole family is going to be there. if he doesn't choose our irish then I really hope that he then chosses CAL just to get far away from all the pressure that he is getting from SEC fans in general and family down there in the south

honestly, if he does not choose ND, I would not be disappointed to not hear any further of his story.
Play on.

I bet the momma's boy stays in Georgia. His bro can handle the autograph proceeds and keep the lions off the practice fields for $$$$$.

Reactions: Ara64
so who will be the '17 version of DRob? surely some prospect will attempt to garner even more attention with even more bizarre attempt at attention.

What will ND do after the Truck delivery? maybe land a helicopter on the kid's lawn?

if he has a destination decided on, let him just 'tweet' the damned decision! why the delay for a announced announcement date!? good grief The "Not too Swift Family Rober...ns'

We are tired of the freakin game!

decisions decisions!
Can you imagine him recieving his 1st kickoff!
should I catch it?
no
let it drop?
no catch it and take a knee?
or maybe catch it and run it out!
"Oh, shoot! am I on the recieving team or kicking team? damned, I gotta get off he field!"
wait ...".ref! time out! "
ref: you want a time out, son?
D: ummm, I dun't know, what do you think?

Last edited:
if he has a destination decided on, let him just 'tweet' the damned decision! why the delay for a announced announcement date!? good grief The "Not too Swift Family Rober...ns'

We are tired of the freakin game!

decisions decisions!
Can you imagine him recieving his 1st kickoff!
should I catch it?
no
let it drop?
no catch it and take a knee?
or maybe catch it and run it out!
"Oh, shoot! am I on the recieving team or kicking team? damned, I gotta get off he field!"
wait ...".ref! time out! "
ref: you want a time out, son?
D: ummm, I dun't know, what do you think?
I am going to chime in with no real comment just so perseverare is not talking to himself. He is going to Georgia or Georgia Tech in my opinion and if he for some unknown reason shocks the south and picks ND he will be gone within a year.

I am going to chime in with no real comment just so perseverare is not talking to himself. He is going to Georgia or Georgia Tech in my opinion and if he for some unknown reason shocks the south and picks ND he will be gone within a year.

Which ever school he picks will now know Sunday at 1. Going to be an hour northwest of Atlanta Friday and Saturday for sectional track meet and going to stay Saturday night and announce Sunday to save a 4 hour trip.

Sunday it ends? or it begins stage II.

The announcement and decision looks somewhat anti-climatic. Carlos is not going to attend a school he has not visited. The whole entourage was at UGA last weekend and a visit Sat nite will be followed by the Sun announcement. But any announcement is non binding and tenuous!

So now we move to the next stage:
Will he show up? (he is not NLI signed)
to be followed by
The real question now is where will he transfer to?

Wow, what if he turnes out to be a bust?

With all that has gone down, regardless of outcome, it is a Win Win for ND!

Last edited:
Sunday it ends? or it begins stage II.

The announcement and decision looks somewhat anti-climatic. Carlos is not going to attend a school he has not visited. The whole entourage was at UGA last weekend and a visit Sat nite will be followed by the Sun announcement. But any announcement is non binding and tenuous!

So now we move to the next stage:
Will he show up? (he is not NLI signed)
to be followed by
The real question now is where will he transfer to?

Wow, what if he turnes out to be a bust?

With all that has gone down, regardless of outcome, it is a Win Win for ND!

The kid has done nothing wrong, unless refusing to indulge the timetables of internet creeps like yourself is a crime.

Reactions: Bodizephax
true, he didnt do anything wrong. But to drag out a recruitment until May to choose the hometown school you visited about a dozen times seems unnecessary.

btw

he has not signed a NLI, so until he officially sits his butt in a classroom he is not 'committed' anywhere.
So should he pick ND Sunday, it would really be quite meaningless; especially with what has gone on for the past 6 months. There are kids on the current team that can perform at a very high level and a few more on the way and they have been busting their butts for ND. Turn the attention to the class of '17. There is no "I" in team!

ND w/DRob or ND w/o DRob? It is a win win Sunday!

Yogi might have asked,
'if you don't know where your going, how will you know when you get there?'

Is this really about education or about playing in the NFL ? "College is what you make it". If Robertson puts effort in the classroom ,he can succeed whether it is at ND or UGA . But ND gets a bigger bounce because it is a nationally ranked university ( usually in the top 18 , ranked a little lower than the Ivies , Stanford ,Duke ) and alumni are all over the country giving it an edge.

What does Robertson want to major in?

for ND fans, the big news Saturday is is not DRob!

Those CBers on the other site dupped us again! Kaindoh was popularly CB'd for ND a week ago. He announces Sat; and now those same ND mods are flipping to Md.

To pay for Premium information that information has to prove itself of some reliance or have some value added, else it is bogus and just a hype to promote subscription. For some months now the guys have been so off target that free board newbies seem to have more information. So pack up that thread about 'insiders', there ain't no such thing! Those last day CB's are like weathermen predicting yesterdays weather!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT