ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on with Demetrius Robertson?

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
Do you think ND coaches have moved on? IMO if the kid is taking this long to make a decision he really doesn't want to be at ND.

well, he will be behind in the training program. The year begins end of Aug. and he will probably be waiting for his latest SAT scores.
I don't know how involved the members of the class are in getting up to speed regarding "team" but sooner is better than later.

(I do think the staff has moved on; none the decision makers in the Family have ND is their 1st choice; nor does DR. This ND 'in the mix' is beginning to look like the creation of a few 'homer' CB's whose authors were mostly off target down the stretch)

I've read that he is taking the SAT yet again in March. I think it's obvious that he wants Stanford and will take the SAT as many times as possible to qualify.

Not much ND can do at this point.

If he needs to take these tests multiple times just to gain entry, perhaps he may be better off at a school that is less academically demanding. If he struggles to get in, he may struggle to stay eligible.

its hard to say, he's too good to just move on. But I think its not worth putting a ton of energy in at this point. This is turning into a recruitment unlike I've ever seen in 10 yrs of follow this stuff. Its feasible that he may not make a decision until april. Now that's his right, NSD is only the first day to decide, but something tells me this isn't going to work out for us even if he decides to choose ND.

Reactions: perseverare
well, he will be behind in the training program. The year begins end of Aug. and he will probably be waiting for his latest SAT scores.
I don't know how involved the members of the class are in getting up to speed regarding "team" but sooner is better than later.

(I do think the staff has moved on; none the decision makers in the Family have ND is their 1st choice; nor does DR. This ND 'in the mix' is beginning to look like the creation of a few 'homer' CB's whose authors were mostly off target down the stretch)

Just an observation from a far, really doubt that he was serious about ND since January. He and the family, have been or have, moved on quite a while ago. If you like ND, want to be apart of this culture - it is not a last minute decision. The player knows usually way before NSD. The structure of today's college football is such that it will be extremely difficult for ND to seriously compete for a NC in the future. You can have outlier years, but those are rare. Cherish that 12-0 luck (that WAS luck). The only way that rare occurrence happens is if several players simultaneously develops way beyond what people thought they would become. ND needs a real super star, Heisman type player at QB that can carry the team in an important game. Was hoping Kizer would develop into that, but who knows. The skill level is not here anymore and recruiting is really difficult for the very best 5* players. ND has some good players, but nothing spectacular. Hard to compete in the environment that is college football today, given ND's restrictions. It is what it is - reality. 8-4 and once in a while 10-2.

I've read that he is taking the SAT yet again in March. I think it's obvious that he wants Stanford and will take the SAT as many times as possible to qualify.

Not much ND can do at this point.
Does anyone know what the SAT requirements are for ND vs. Stanford? I'm assuming the numbers might be somewhat comparable.

I've read today that Stanford is full for the 2016 class with 25 kids and that they don't take EEs. if Stanford really is full for the class they just signed then I have idea what retaking of the SATs could be for then because well informed posters on other boards have been saying for a while that he is a go for ND admissions

I guess I'm just trying to justify us staying in it but here are some counterpoints:

1. Outside of Stanford, clearly a top choice, couldn't you say "if he wanted to be here and liked it here, he'd have done it" for the rest? That's true for every school not named Stanford. Yet if he doesn't get in there... Which is why you still recruit him.

2. I don't think we ever want to say or even imply that if it's too hard to get in, maybe he's not a fit because it'd be hard to stay in. Frankly these kids are the kids we have to want- they care enough to go through the hoops. If anything we have to sell we'll support him in his academic endeavors and hope some competitors don't use the tactic of "it's too hard to stay in" against us- I mean that happens a lot especially with the academic suspensions. We need to work past that not use that to move on from a kid that seems to care about academics.

Just my thoughts. Doesn't look good for us here but you can hope I guess.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
I've read today that Stanford is full for the 2016 class with 25 kids and that they don't take EEs. if Stanford really is full for the class they just signed then I have idea what retaking of the SATs could be for then because well informed posters on other boards have been saying for a while that he is a go for ND admissions

at this rate he is going to be part of the '17 class

or

he wants to be sure he can get into Alabama!:D

Let him take his time. He's not holding up a scholly or anything. He's in the middle of his basketball season I beleive and he's focused on that. He's got plenty of time if he comes great if he doesn't that's fine too.

Does anyone know what the SAT requirements are for ND vs. Stanford? I'm assuming the numbers might be somewhat comparable.
I don't know the numbers but I do know admission into Stanford for FB players is higher than at ND

I don't know what they are for ND, but to be admitted or even take an official an athlete has to have a 1500 on Sat at Stanford.

I don't know what they are for ND, but to be admitted or even take an official an athlete has to have a 1500 on Sat at Stanford.

My recollection is that ACT composite is approximately equivalent to 1600 on the SAT. I presume these equivalencies vary some every cycle of the tests.

My recollection is that ACT composite is approximately equivalent to 1600 on the SAT. I presume these equivalencies vary some every cycle of the tests.

That is the number being posted on our board and before last test he was about 100 points short. I haven't seen anything about him taking the ACT and don't have any idea how it would compare.

Who cares. Let's move on. We have enough skilled players. We need defensive recruits, especially after Beal decommit. Defense wins championships. The closest we came was in 2012 and that was because of our defense. If Kelly's plan is to outscore every opponent following the Baylor/TCU model, we are screwed.

Looks like this guy is another head case like Eric Logan a few years back. Never heard of that guy once he picked a school I think in April or May.

I have a feeling this guy is not going to do much in a college if he ever decides in this life time who he wants to play for

Looks like this guy is another head case like Eric Logan a few years back. Never heard of that guy once he picked a school I think in April or May.

I have a feeling this guy is not going to do much in a college if he ever decides in this life time who he wants to play for
While it is true anectdotaly that the guys with drama in their recruitment may not pan out, I think mostly what decides how good they'll be is their talent. Why don't we let it all play out rather than going this route then in the off chance he chooses ND you'd have egg on your faces when we now all want him to do well.

Still waiting for you to answer the question I posed multiple times a few weeks ago about your realistic recommendations for improving the ND football program. Why do you keep dodging the question? Please prove to all of us your claims that you truly understand what ND is all about by offering your realistic suggestions instead of just disparaging the program. No surprise that up to this point there has been only crickets.

not true at all. when I took my visit there back in the day my score was 1360. I know others over the years who have visited who didn't have a score that high. very few do. typo ? 1600 is a perfect score.

At this point it's clear his first, second and third choice is Stanford and I think ND should just pass. I'm not criticizing the kid or being vengeful, we have just seen what happens too many times when a kid who really doesn't want to be at ND signs.. it doesn't end well.

Thank the kid, wish him luck but if his heart isn't in it I'm not sure it's worth it.

not true at all. when I took my visit there back in the day my score was 1360. I know others over the years who have visited who didn't have a score that high. very few do. typo ? 1600 is a perfect score.

With the new 3-part SAT (including written) I think 2400 is a perfect score. I suspect the 1500 is out of 2400.

Reactions: Pennick4
With the new 3-part SAT (including written) I think 2400 is a perfect score. I suspect the 1500 is out of 2400.
gotcha. in my area everyone takes the ACT it seems. 1500 very possible by most in that case. I would think Stanford would be more restrictive.

What is the big deal here? If he commits, that is fantastic. I don't get all the frustration with a kid that has a goal of getting into Stanford. One of the toughest in the nation to get accepted and it's on the west coast. They've had a wonderful run the last few years and just maybe he likes Shaw's temperament better.

He wants to study with Marcus Skinner, if he can't do that he wants to become a computer technician.

1600 is not the perfect score anymore, 2400 is. To take an official to Stanford, according to Drob's brother, he has to have 1500 on the SAT and he still about 50 points shy. So yes it is true, IF he makes the test score, he still has to do the writing portion of Stanford's admitting requirements, I don't know if he can take the official before he does that portion or not. But as of a week ago he hadn't started them. Basketball season is over with, he is about to step into track season, so he will have some time management issues to deal with during the spring.

At this point it's clear his first, second and third choice is Stanford and I think ND should just pass. I'm not criticizing the kid or being vengeful, we have just seen what happens too many times when a kid who really doesn't want to be at ND signs.. it doesn't end well.

Thank the kid, wish him luck but if his heart isn't in it I'm not sure it's worth it.

I don't think its Drob's choice at all, it's definitely his brother's choice. Who ever he chooses will have big brother to deal with I am afraid. Multiple transfers while still in HS is a warning sign and Drob went to 3 different HS. Missed almost half of his sr year because of the last one due to eligibility.

I don't think its Drob's choice at all, it's definitely his brother's choice. Who ever he chooses will have big brother to deal with I am afraid. Multiple transfers while still in HS is a warning sign and Drob went to 3 different HS. Missed almost half of his sr year because of the last one due to eligibility.
Either way I'm just not sure that ND would be the best fit for him and it would be a disservice to both him and ND, IMO

He should tell his big brother to get a job.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
1600 is not the perfect score anymore, 2400 is. To take an official to Stanford, according to Drob's brother, he has to have 1500 on the SAT and he still about 50 points shy. So yes it is true, IF he makes the test score, he still has to do the writing portion of Stanford's admitting requirements, I don't know if he can take the official before he does that portion or not. But as of a week ago he hadn't started them. Basketball season is over with, he is about to step into track season, so he will have some time management issues to deal with during the spring.
my point was that under the old format 1500 was in the elite category. 1500 now is rather average.

I believe the question was "What's going on with Demetrius Robertson". I think I can answer this. Picture Kelly lying down, rigid as a board. There are strings attached from his toes to his massive forehead. Drob has a bow and is playing music. The music seems to be that of Charlie Daniels. Yep, that's it. Playing Kelly like a fiddle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT