ADVERTISEMENT

What OCs are out there you’d like

Lol.

This thinking is simply stupid. What your really saying is the QB role in the current scheme sucks.

There is not a single thing on the football field the pyne can do better than Hartman.

There is not a single person with half a brain that in a game of pick up would choose one before Hartman.

Myself and everyone on this board is now dumber for reading the above reply
Sam Hartman isn't the one who started and lost to Stanford and Marshall at home.

Drew Pyne is.

Did Sam Hartman lose to Ohio St, at Louisville, and at Clemson? Yes.

Sam Hartman isn't the one who started and lost to Stanford and Marshall at home.

Drew Pyne is.

Did Sam Hartman lose to Ohio St, at Louisville, and at Clemson? Yes.
You're wrong here, Buchner lost to Marshall. Not Pyne

Pyne lost to Stanford and @USC

His record was 8 and 2. Sam is 7 and 3

Pyne had a NFL ready TE, four 5th year returners, and an uninjured Colzie to throw to.
Hartman has an NFL OL in Joe Alt, an NFL ready RB in Estime, an NFL ready slot in Tyree, and a top 10 defense. Sam lost to an unranked 4-4 Clemson team. Pyne beat a #4 ranked Clemson team. Pyne was 2-2 vs ranked teams. Sam is 1-3. Sam is in his 6th year as a starter. Pyne was in his first year. There is no comparison.

But Sam will make lots of money selling reverse mortgages to widows across the Southeast US. Because he can definitely sell. QB? Not so much.

Last edited:
There is a chance that the only coaches that return next year are Parker and Rudolph. The way the Freeman era has gone, that would actually not be surprising.

Parker

Hartman has regressed? Did you consider that opponent DCs have progressed after seeing what ND cannot do against good teams?
He has regressed in the fact that he has lost confidence, has missed some open, receivers or not seen them, did not play with the same type of temple that we did earlier. Overall, the offense is still better than it was last year.

Pyne had a NFL ready TE, four 5th year returners, and an uninjured Colzie to throw to.
Pyne is riding the bench at 3-7 Arizona State. The fact Pyne was producing at an equal rate last year, to Hartman this year. Is a 100% indictment on Freeman, Parker, Rudolph, Gino G, and Stuckey..

Mitchell Evans was not Michael Mayer, but he was arguably NDs best player on offense and easily their best and most reliable target on offense. Injuries happen, and they are no excuse for what happened at Louisville or 4-4 Clemson.

Hartman has an NFL OL in Joe Alt, an NFL ready RB in Estime, an NFL ready slot in Tyree, and a top 10 defense. Sam lost to an unranked 4-4 Clemson team. Pyne beat a #4 ranked Clemson team. Pyne was 2-2 vs ranked teams. Sam is 1-3. Sam is in his 6th year as a starter. Pyne was in his first year. There is no comparison.

But Sam will make lots of money selling reverse mortgages to widows across the Southeast US. Because he can definitely sell. QB? Not so much.
All three of those guys played last year too... and you really think Tyree starts at slot for somebody in the NFL next year? He is a late to UDFA who will likely be a special teamer to make a roster. Maybe one day play slot. That is not what I would call "NFL ready"

The losses you site are team losses, I thought we were talking individually about Hartman v Pyne. Which goes back to my point, Pyne was surrounded by overall better offensive talent. Especially at WR. Not to mention that, no matter what you think of Rees, Alabama is not hiring Gerard Parker as OC next year.

All three of those guys played last year too... and you really think Tyree starts at slot for somebody in the NFL next year? He is a late to UDFA who will likely be a special teamer to make a roster. Maybe one day play slot. That is not what I would call "NFL ready"

The losses you site are team losses, I thought we were talking individually about Hartman v Pyne. Which goes back to my point, Pyne was surrounded by overall better offensive talent. Especially at WR. Not to mention that, no matter what you think of Rees, Alabama is not hiring Gerard Parker as OC next year.
This years defense is 1000 times better than last year. But Sam has lost more games. To be clear, when they lost last year it was the QB fault. When they lose this year it is the fault of the OC, OL, RB, TE, WR, Slot Receiver, kicker, punter, long snapper, DC, the sun, the moon, the wind, everything but Sam. Do I have that right?

This years defense is 1000 times better than last year. But Sam has lost more games. To be clear, when they lost last year it was the QB fault. When they lose this year it is the fault of the OC, OL, RB, TE, WR, Slot Receiver, kicker, punter, long snapper, DC, the sun, the moon, the wind, everything but Sam. Do I have that right?
Didn't say he was flawless... or even that he didn't play poorly in a loss. What I am saying is he is better than Pyne, as evidence by the fact that Pyne is second string for ASU of all places and Hartman was an All-ACC player transferring in. Have a nice day.

Pyne was surrounded by overall better offensive talent. Especially at WR
Can you tell me exactly who played WR last year that is better than Merriweather, Greathouse, Thomas (younger), Faisano, or Rico?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT