ADVERTISEMENT

What OCs are out there you’d like

Dec 29, 2005
to see ND take a run at?

I also like UNCs Chip Lindsey, or GT’s Buster Faulkner. He’s doing a real nice job with their young QB, he’ll (King) give us problems next year for sure.

I think you could get Gattis from Maryland, I don’t love the pick but would be an upgrade. A lot of football folks think quite highly of him. I wouldn’t mind Garret Riley from Clemson but he won’t leave for a lateral job, he’s making a nice salary too.

Who else?

to see ND take a run at?

I also like UNCs Chip Lindsey, or GT’s Buster Faulkner. He’s doing a real nice job with their young QB, he’ll (King) give us problems next year for sure.

I think you could get Gattis from Maryland, I don’t love the pick but would be an upgrade. A lot of football folks think quite highly of him. I wouldn’t mind Garret Riley from Clemson but he won’t leave for a lateral job, he’s making a nice salary too.

Who else?
Pay the Washington OC a ton of money.

Hell no on Gattis

Yeah, but I figure UW will give him a significant raise. On Gattis, as I said, not my favorite. That said, would you rather Parker or him be the OC? Honest question.
Gattis but neither is my answer. We need to do better. Just uograding over Parker isn't enough

The kind of move ND needs is to snatch up Urban Meyer while he's still a FA and make him the highest paid coach in the country and give him the resources needed to fill the roster and coaching staff with the best available coaches and players.

The kind of move ND needs is to snatch up Urban Meyer while he's still a FA and make him the highest paid coach in the country and give him the resources needed to fill the roster and coaching staff with the best available coaches and players.
Here in the real world that is an impossible and just stupid scenerio. No "expert" would ever consider that plausable. I think Freeman will either gamble on a guy like Hartline from OSU or make a safe choice like Ludwig caliber candidate.

Here in the real world that is an impossible and just stupid scenerio. No "expert" would ever consider that plausable. I think Freeman will either gamble on a guy like Hartline from OSU or make a safe choice like Ludwig caliber candidate.
What premiere college football brands would continue to allow themselves to sputter around in mediocrity like ND has while continuing to take no chances?

ND is not some indie garage band. ND is the beatles.

The money is there.

The prestige is there

ND is the biggest most dominant brand in the sport.

Why do fans think ND doesn't deserve the best out there?

Why are fans ok with Marcus Freeman and Gerad Parker having the two most important positions on one of the most important college football teams in the country?

Why are fans ok with ND losing its talent to top programs in the SEC?

Makes no sense to me.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Sean Lewis was demoted by Deion. And tonight their O looks terrible. The CU scheme isn’t the problem it’s their OL. I’m sure he will leave ASAP. Don’t know much about him. Former HC.

What premiere college football brands would continue to allow themselves to sputter around in mediocrity like ND has while continuing to take no chances?

ND is not some indie garage band. ND is the beatles.

The money is there.

The prestige is there

ND is the biggest most dominant brand in the sport.

Why do fans think ND doesn't deserve the best out there?

Why are fans ok with Marcus Freeman and Gerad Parker having the two most important positions on one of the most important college football teams in the country?

Why are fans ok with ND losing its talent to top programs in the SEC?

Makes no sense to me.
1. Urban Meyer was offered the job before & he turned it down & nothing ND admin has done since then would make him rethink coaching ND. He also picked up alot of negative baggage in the last few years.
2. Freeman has done nothing to deserve to get fired. He has some great wins and has recruiting going in the right direction. He represents the university better than any coach since Holtz. He is not going anywhere.
3. The ND admin knows they are gonna make money regardless if ND is winning titles. While football made ND they know they can not only survive without Natty's they will still thrive.

Who is the head coach for Arizona? Very impressive and I've watched them all the way back to the SC' game. I like MF but, this guy is doing a lot more with a lot less.

This is what our Toronto Maple Leafs did and it worked for us. Mike Babcock, who had won championships, was hired at a HUGE cost and the team spent on players, farm system, nutritionists, team psychologists, logistics experts, practice facilities...and we see what happened...

I think ol' Chaser is onto something here! I mean the guys is named for a pope...he must have gotten past his life of ill-repute by now...and if it worked for the Leafs,,,,

Oh wait...56 years and counting....

Reactions: chaseball
josh henson has 24 years of experience coaching in college football. Pay the man.
How about hiring Urban as a consultant to football operations

Seems like you need to decide what you want to run. When the PAC teams go up against any real defense, they seem to crap the bed. MF has talked about being a run first team, while admirable i think a better way to say that is ND wants to be strong in the trenches. Primarily running teams don't win many championships these days.

If you want to attract top talent, you really want a pro-style OC. Most of the SEC runs pro-style, some of the B10 and ACC.

If you look at the last 2 championships at least, they were heavy pass. UGA moved to run because they were so far ahead of TCU but they still had more passing yards.

They should look at some of the SEC coordinators that are not UGA or Bama. The rest, it would be an upgrade to go to ND.

Seems like you need to decide what you want to run. When the PAC teams go up against any real defense, they seem to crap the bed. MF has talked about being a run first team, while admirable i think a better way to say that is ND wants to be strong in the trenches. Primarily running teams don't win many championships these days.

If you want to attract top talent, you really want a pro-style OC. Most of the SEC runs pro-style, some of the B10 and ACC.

If you look at the last 2 championships at least, they were heavy pass. UGA moved to run because they were so far ahead of TCU but they still had more passing yards.

They should look at some of the SEC coordinators that are not UGA or Bama. The rest, it would be an upgrade to go to ND.
No. UGA was 46% Passing rate per game. 43% in 2021.

Preposterous. Urban Meyer should not be allowed anywhere near the ND football program.

Not sure it matters. The more I read the more I hear that Freeman is handcuffing Parker and making him play a conservative Iowa style offense. Bring in whomever you want and it’ll be the same bs story.

Freeman is the one saying to fall at the goal line to Estime, running clocks down and missing points, holding guys out like Morrison for “scheduled breaks” and allowing other teams like Clemson to score, forcing meaningless substations or not having enough guys on the field. It’s something new each week.

He’s absolutely clueless as a coach and no learning on the job is going to fix it. He’s not cut out for it. Our best bet is to take a nap and wake up in 2025 when we finally fire this clown.

He’s absolutely clueless as a coach and no learning on the job is going to fix it. He’s not cut out for it. Our best bet is to take a nap and wake up in 2025 when we finally fire this clown.

Marcus Freeman is not going to be fired in 2025. He is going to get his five years.

Reactions: d1042 and mirer03
1. Urban Meyer was offered the job before & he turned it down & nothing ND admin has done since then would make him rethink coaching ND. He also picked up alot of negative baggage in the last few years.
2. Freeman has done nothing to deserve to get fired. He has some great wins and has recruiting going in the right direction. He represents the university better than any coach since Holtz. He is not going anywhere.
3. The ND admin knows they are gonna make money regardless if ND is winning titles. While football made ND they know they can not only survive without Natty's they will still thrive.
Look everyone, it's Monk Malloy.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Marcus Freeman is not going to be fired in 2025. He is going to get his five years.
"Notre Dame will never fire Willingham before his contract is up!" - probably you in 2004

"Notre Dame will never fire Willingham before his contract is up!" - probably you in 2004

Willingham didn't get five years because he refused to recruit. Faust got five years. Davie got five years. Weis got five years. Freeman will get five years.

Reactions: d1042 and mirer03
Willingham didn't get five years because he refused to recruit. Faust got five years. Davie got five years. Weis got five years. Freeman will get five years.
We shall see. New President. New AD. New BOT chair. Lots of change is happening at ND.

Reactions: d1042
We shall see. New President. New AD. New BOT chair. Lots of change is happening at ND.
I think this is important. If I'm the new AD, I want a deep dive root cause analysis on 2 issues.
1. Why there were only 10 players on the field against Ohio St with ND leading attempting a goal line stand in the final 2 plays of the game.
2. Why did the team lose 2 experienced QB's both with higher winning percentages than a 6th year player who was 0-4 against Clemson coming into the season. Leaving the team with zero experience at the position for the upcoming bowl game and going into 2024.

And what is being done to ensure neither happens again.

Jeff Grimes. At Baylor. Was great at byu and has developed QBs.

He's the guys I'd start and end with

Last edited:
How about some NFL guys. There is bound to be some openings at the end of the year.

Pay the Washington OC a ton of money.

Hell no on Gattis
Is it really the OC at Washington? The HC was the OC mastermind at IU during 2019. I think he is heavily involved with what is happening at Washington... and the fact that Penix was a play maker in Btown.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT