ADVERTISEMENT

We're taking a transfer QB

Carr arrives Dec 8. Will take part in bowl prep. A 4th makes sense. I’m not too concerned. My only issue is if we promise something to someone mediocre like Hartman and CJ is good enough to start by mid season. My guess is there aren't many former CJ Carr’s headed to the portal bc they’re all starting or planning to start where they were recruited. I’m also guessing we can’t land a transfer QB with arm talent near CJ’s ceiling. It’s a bad year for portal QBs. If I’m freeman I’d take a Buchner kind of kid and let him compete as Saban did. Don’t be afraid to bench him for young talent.
There's nothing mediocre about Sam Hartman. What was mediocre on offense was, and is, the OC, the WR room, and an OL that collectively is an underwhelming group, especially the interior of the OL.

I am thankful for Sam Hartman. A good CFB QB. Hell, he didn't send out 10 on defense after a timeout against OSU. This season beats losing to Stanford at home.

There's nothing mediocre about Sam Hartman. What was mediocre on offense was and is the OC, the WR room, and an OL that collectively is an underwhelming group, especiallY the interior of the OL.
Blame everyone else except him. Riiiighhttt

10 on defense, after a timeout, against Ohio St., did not help either.
1 play. And there is zero guarantee we win that game with 11 guys. In fact we didn't stop them on any big play that drive with 11 guys so get over it 10 guys

We are 7 and 3. Not 9 and 1

Why are you quick and happy to blame everyone except him. You have no problem blaming the HC, The OC, THE DC, the WRs, OL.....

You go out of your way to try and protect him. It's a little weird to be honest. I don't know if you're related, maybe have a crush on him, but it's weird

1 play. And there is zero guarantee we win that game with 11 guys. In fact we didn't stop them on any big play that drive with 11 guys so get over it 10 guys

We are 7 and 3. Not 9 and 1

Why are you quick and happy to blame everyone except him. You have no problem blaming the HC, The OC, THE DC, the WRs, OL.....

You go out of your way to try and protect him. It's a little weird to be honest. I don't know if you're related, maybe have a crush on him, but it's weird
Remember, 11 get to play.

And actually, Marcus Freeman doubled down on 10 after the timeout against OSU, it was two plays.

Remember, 11 get to play.

And actually, Marcus Freeman doubled down on 10, it was two plays.
Remember, it's 2023

You dont have to hide your feelings anymore.....

It's okay to admit it bro. Let it out. Tell Sam how you really feel about him

But like I have said, this beats losing to crap Stanford at home.

There's nothing mediocre about Sam Hartman. What was mediocre on offense was, and is, the OC, the WR room, and an OL that collectively is an underwhelming group, especially the interior of the OL.

I am thankful for Sam Hartman. A good CFB QB. Hell, he didn't send out 10 on defense after a timeout against OSU. This season beats losing to Stanford at home.
I tend to agree with this. But I’d say OC and WRs are bad, not mediocre. OL has been mediocre. I’d also say Freeman has been bad. Being likable doesn’t make him good.

I tend to agree with this. But I’d say OC and WRs are bad, not mediocre. OL has been mediocre. I’d also say Freeman has been bad. Being likable doesn’t make him good.
According to the Head Coach at ND, the WR's are open, but Sam is trying to hit the long ball and not throwing to the open receivers for less yardage.

Maybe Sam is focused less on moving the chains and winning games, and more on padding his numbers to try to get a job in the league?

According to the Head Coach at ND, the WR's are open, but Sam is trying to hit the long ball and not throwing to the open receivers for less yardage.

Maybe Sam is focused less on moving the chains and winning games, and more on padding his numbers to try to get a job in the league?
The coach said the opposite the week prior. Media outlets were pointing out his inconsistencies in pressers. He is constantly contradicting himself and flying by the seat of his pants.

I don’t see how you could possibly know if he is overrated. He has not played a game at Yexas yet so you have not seen him.
I watched him in HS, I wasnt that impressed. I thought he was a 5 star because of his last name.

I saw him in the Texas spring game. He was awful.

He hasnt played 1 single snap all year and the starter got hurt. That is telling as we have tried to even get Minchey some snaps as the 3rd string

Reactions: IrishMike409

The NFL does not care about the numbers. They have millions and millions of dollars invested in watching these guys and have every single metric possible on them.

Hartman was always known as a bit of a risk taker at Wake Forest. That's why he had relatively high interception numbers there, too. So that's probably just the type of QB he is.

Hartman was always known as a bit of a risk taker at Wake Forest. That's why he had relatively high interception numbers there, too. So that's probably just the type of QB he is.
After 6 years in the league and a consistently high interception rate, he's obviously not a championship game type of QB. So, he's a fail.

After 6 years in the league and a consistently high interception rate, he's obviously not a championship game type of QB. So, he's a fail.
He was the best QB available. There were no future 1st round picks in last year's portal, for QBs.

Tulane is a top 25 program. Better than ND the last two years.
ND greatest of all time show me how they aren’t. Beat SC who beat ND. PmYed in a NY6 bowl. Lost to ole miss by 7 without their QB on the road.

Angeli has looked good in his limited playing time. He has three years in the system. The portal QB is going to have a hardy time beating him out

Angelli has shown very well in limited play, he’s made some really nice throws, and he moves well in the pocket from what I see.

I’m pleasantly surprised, wonder if he’s just a one of those guys that was never highly touted but is just good at FB.

He went to Bergen, NJ and had several high offers throughout the Midwest.

You have to look at some programs and wonder why they're stockpiled with so much talent at the QB position when only one person can play at a time.

Georgia has Beck, who has one season left, who was a 4-star. Followed by Vandegriff who was a 5-star, Stockton that was a 4-star and Raiola coming in as a 5-star. There going to see at least one transfer.

Then you have Texas with Ewers, a 5-star with one or two more seasons, followed by Murphy a 4-star, Manning a 5-star and Owens coming in at a 4-star. Something has to give there.

You have to look at some programs and wonder why they're stockpiled with so much talent at the QB position when only one person can play at a time.

Georgia has Beck, who has one season left, who was a 4-star. Followed by Vandegriff who was a 5-star, Stockton that was a 4-star and Raiola coming in as a 5-star. There going to see at least one transfer.

Then you have Texas with Ewers, a 5-star with one or two more seasons, followed by Murphy a 4-star, Manning a 5-star and Owens coming in at a 4-star. Something has to give there.
Because it's smart

Because it's smart
I'm not saying it's not smart on the part of those teams. I'm saying I'm surprised how players go to a program with three or four really good players in front of them. Most guys like that aren't willing to sit two or even three years to get their chance to play.

Then I'm saying you'll see transfers out of those programs.

I'm not saying it's not smart on the part of those teams. I'm saying I'm surprised how players go to a program with three or four really good players in front of them. Most guys like that aren't willing to sit two or even three years to get their chance to play.

Then I'm saying you'll see transfers out of those programs.
Best players want to get to the best programs. They want to be developed by the best. And they think they are good enough to win the job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT