ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer fired

Let’s do this in order.

1. Who was the booster that DD accepted gifts from ?
You can't accept gift from people who are not boosters either. As I posted all athletes are trained in this as are the coaches unless the exisitng relationship test. I guess you are saying that the NCAA wrongly put ND on probation and it did nothibg wrong? Then ND just accepted it without appeal? feel free to think that. What about Lou's other 29 NCAA violations? Also wrong?

I have already done too much of your homework. You should other look up other things up yourself.

Last edited:
In terms of context, not even O.J. was required to forfeit his Heisman, hence, there had to be overwhelming evidence against Bush and USC for the committee to force the first forfeiture in the history of the Heisman, so in addition to the NCAA, another entity determined that egregious violations had taken place, violations so egregious that the Heisman Committee required that the Heisman awarded to Bush be rendered null and boid
You can't accept gift from people who are not boosters either. As I posted all athletes are trained in this as are the coaches unless the exisitng relationship test. I guess you are saying that the NCAA wrongly put ND on probation and it did nothibg wrong? Then ND just accepted it without appeal? feel free to think that. What about Lou's other 29 NCAA violations? Also wrong?

I have already done too much of your homework. You should other look up other things up yourself.
Answer the question, who was the booster who gave gifts to DD.

We BOTH know the answer, I just want to see if you have the strength of character to answer it, or if you’re going to continue to be intellectually dishonest.

So again, who was the booster who gave DD a gift/s ?

In terms of context, not even O.J. was required to forfeit his Heisman, hence, there had to be overwhelming evidence against Bush and USC for the committee to force the first forfeiture in the history of the Heisman, so in addition to the NCAA, another entity determined that egregious violations had taken place, violations so egregious that the Heisman Committee required that the Heisman awarded to Bush be rendered null and boid

Answer the question, who was the booster who gave gifts to DD.

We BOTH know the answer, I just want to see if you have the strength of character to answer it, or if you’re going to continue to be intellectually dishonest.

So again, who was the booster who gave DD a gift/s ?
Who is DD?

Demetrius Dubose
This guy?

In 1993, the NCAA ordered Notre Dame to forfeit two scholarships after Demetrius DuBose improperly accepted gifts from a booster. The following year, the university reported itself to the NCAA after two former players, Bryant Young and Jeff Burris, were found living rent-free in an alumnus's off-campus apartment. The NCAA ruled that the infractions were secondary.

No idea. Name wasn't mentioned in the Washinton Post Article. It would be in the NCAA report. Look it up. This shoud help.

https://www.google.com/

Okay, I’ll ask the question differently.

How was Holtz supposed to know about a gift/loan to DD ?

There are violations where the college is a co-conspirator and violations where the violations are committed by third parties who aren’t employees of the college.

So when an independent third party rather than a college employee creates a violation, how is Lou Holtz supposed to know about it ?

Okay, I’ll ask the question differently.

How was Holtz supposed to know about a gift/loan to DD ?

There are violations where the college is a co-conspirator and violations where the violations are committed by third parties who aren’t employees of the college.

So when an independent third party rather than a college employee creates a violation, how is Lou Holtz supposed to know about it ?
As to that guy I don't even know if Lou new. He knew about Dunbar and the NCAA found ND did not do a good enough job keeping track of compliance. Once the NCAA proves nows about some vioations they open the doors wide. At SC they added the claim that foriegn tennis players were improperly given credit cards to call home. How would the football team know that?

There is a disconnect here, that I have tried to explain several times. I think the NCAA is corrupt and incompetent. And I don't dislike Lou. I used to listen to him all the time on TV. But the thread was about the possible hiring of Urban.. It would suggested that ND would never based on his past, but SC would because of cheaty petey. I said this is hypocritical becuse Pete has never been alledged to know of an NCAA allegation wereas Lou has been and every team he had but one was placed on probation for actions during his leadership.

You beleive Pete knew based on nothing, not even an allegation. But you don't believe Lou did any thing wrong even though both he and school admitted some of the violations.

I never said the rules make sense, What I did say was in was silly for a school who hired an all time violator t take shots at another school. If yu think everything about ou was made up, I can't help you.

As to that guy I don't even know if Lou new. He knew about Dunbar and the NCAA found ND did not do a good enough job keeping track of compliance. Once the NCAA proves nows about some vioations they open the doors wide. At SC they added the claim that foriegn tennis players were improperly given credit cards to call home. How would the football team know that?

There is a disconnect here, that I have tried to explain several times. I think the NCAA is corrupt and incompetent. And I don't dislike Lou. I used to listen to him all the time on TV. But the thread was about the possible hiring of Urban.. It would suggested that ND would never based on his past, but SC would because of cheaty petey. I said this is hypocritical becuse Pete has never been alledged to know of an NCAA allegation wereas Lou has been and every team he had but one was placed on probation for actions during his leadership.

You beleive Pete knew based on nothing, not even an allegation. But you don't believe Lou did any thing wrong even though both he and school admitted some of the violations.

I never said the rules make sense, What I did say was in was silly for a school who hired an all time violator t take shots at another school. If yu think everything about ou was made up, I can't help you.
The NCAA ruled that gifts to guys she was dating didn’t constitute a violation, so Lou knowing about Dunbar and Mayes was not a violation.

I tend to think that the NCAA dispenses penalties inequitably, with the North Carolina case being exhibit “A”

Kim Dunbar’s actions and case was below an institution's radar with the linch pin being her joining a breakfast club.
it’s the flimsiest of cases, one where you have to wonder about the NCAA’s motives for bringing a case

The severity of the penalty on USC combined with Bush’s high profile and the revocation of the Heisman are what lead me to believe that Pete knew. ITS CIRCUMSTANTIAL, I GET THAT

As to your point about ND hiring Lou, my only question, at the point of his hiring:
What did ND know and when did they know it ?

Father Hesbhurg was strident in his quest to run a clean program, hence, in 1985, what was known

I said this is hypocritical becuse Pete has never been alledged to know of an NCAA allegation wereas Lou has been and every team he had but one was placed on probation for actions during his leadership.

You beleive Pete knew based on nothing, not even an allegation.
Do you think Pete was an ingoramus?

The NCAA ruled that gifts to guys she was dating didn’t constitute a violation, so Lou knowing about Dunbar and Mayes was not a violation.

I tend to think that the NCAA dispenses penalties inequitably, with the North Carolina case being exhibit “A”

Kim Dunbar’s actions and case was below an institution's radar with the linch pin being her joining a breakfast club.
it’s the flimsiest of cases, one where you have to wonder about the NCAA’s motives for bringing a case

The severity of the penalty on USC combined with Bush’s high profile and the revocation of the Heisman are what lead me to believe that Pete knew. ITS CIRCUMSTANTIAL, I GET THAT

As to your point about ND hiring Lou, my only question, at the point of his hiring:

Father Hesbhurg was strident in his quest to run a clean program, hence, in 1985, what was known
The NCAA first intended to rule the Dunbar affair as a minor violation. One school's representative made a fuss and they changed it to a major violation.

So you think that the NCAA was unfair in its ruliing on Dunbar, but you beleive Pete knew something, even though the NCAA didn't even claim he did, because they unfairly awarded sever penalties. The NCAA is unfair and inaccuarte when dealing with Lou and ND but completley accurate when dealing with SC. Got it. You feel the NCAA made 30 false claims against Holtz run teams. If that is what you beleive that, fine.

When ND hired Lou they would have known about all prior violation except one which they would have known was under investigation but without conclusion. All were public knowledge.

Dunbar was not below the radar. Lou knew about it before she became a booster. That was a key point of the NCAA report.

These are all things that appeared in prior posts.

Last edited:
The NCAA first intended to rule the Dunbar affair as a minor violation. One school's representative made a fuss and they changed it to a major violation.
Possibly. Many on the committee thought the sanctions against SC were too severe but the Miami rep (Paul Dees and Miami was in competition for a top recruit who who had selected SC but switched to UM after sanctions) and the NOtre Dame rep agued for more severe sanctions.

Remember that the NCAA, after a short perod of time, lowered the sanctions against Penn State, for covering up child rape, to less than those against SC.

Last edited:
So you think that the NCAA was unfair in its ruliing on Dunbar, but you beleive Pete knew something, even though the NCAA didn't even claim he did, because they unfairly awarded sever penalties. The NCAA is unfair and inaccuarte when dealing with Lou and ND but completley accurate when dealing with SC. Got it. You feel the NCAA made 30 false claims against Holtz run teams. If that is what you beleive that, fine.

When ND hired Lou they would have known about all prior violation except one which they would have known was under investigation but without conclusion. All were public knowledge.

Dunbar was not below the radar. Lou knew about it before she became a booster. That was a key point of the NCAA report.

These are all things that appeared in prior posts.
Before she became a booster no violation existed !

”would have” ?
What was public info in 1985 ?

Before she became a booster no violation existed !

”would have” ?
What was public info in 1985 ?
As explained that isn't true. Recruits can't accept gifts from anyone who diesn't meet the preexisting rule. The Booster status only gives the school heighten monitoring status. I this case Holtz knew of the gift so the heighten status is moot. The NCAA specifically fault Holtz for knowing of the gift and not doing a more through investigation of his players receiveing gifts. ND did not contest this.

All Hotz's prior NCAA violations were public info in 1895 except one, They were covered in the press. They were annouced by the NCAA. In the one case referred too above case the NCAA reached its decison after Hotz accepted the ND job.

I have no idea what "would have"? means.

I am not going to continue to post information that you fail to read or understand. As stated If you choose to beleive Lou 30 NCAA violation (see UPI's Sports Worst Cheaters article of the BR report on most scandelous coaches for more info, or spend spme time on the NCAA website.

Happy New Year.

As explained that isn't true. Recruits can't accept gifts from anyone who diesn't meet the preexisting rule. The Booster status only gives the school heighten monitoring status. I this case Holtz knew of the gift so the heighten status is moot. The NCAA specifically fault Holtz for knowing of the gift and not doing a more through investigation of his players receiveing gifts. ND did not contest this.

All Hotz's prior NCAA violations were public info in 1895 except one, They were covered in the press. They were annouced by the NCAA. In the one case referred too above case the NCAA reached its decison after Hotz accepted the ND job.

I have no idea what "would have"? means.

I am not going to continue to post information that you fail to read or understand. As stated If you choose to beleive Lou 30 NCAA violation (see UPI's Sports Worst Cheaters article of the BR report on most scandelous coaches for more info, or spend spme time on the NCAA website.

Happy New Year.
You keep referring to “gifts” plural.
The only thing/gift that Holtz was aware of was Dunbar/Mayes
And after careful review The NCAA determined that Dunbar MET their criteria, ergo no violation took place

”would have” refers to the hypothetical that you posted.

My only concern is Lou at ND

The NCAA NEVER sanctioned Lou during his tenure at ND

You keep referring to “gifts” plural.
The only thing/gift that Holtz was aware of was Dunbar/Mayes
And after careful review The NCAA determined that Dunbar MET their criteria, ergo no violation took place

”would have” refers to the hypothetical that you posted.

My only concern is Lou at ND

The NCAA NEVER sanctioned Lou during his tenure at ND
The problem is the NCAA found a violation and ND did not deny it, You keep acting like the NCAA was incompitent 30 times with Lou while getting it perfectly right against SC. Lou always left before the sanctions were imposed at every school where he broke the rules. Pete wasn't at SC when it was sanctioned either. The point is the actions happened under Lou, like the two times he paid recruits mentioned above.

I know you only care about ND, but neither the world of this thread revolve around you. The intial point of the thred which was not startered by my was whether ND would hire Urban. It was stated that ND never would becuase of their high standard bu SC never would based on Cheaty Petey, Pete was never accused on knowing of any NCAA violation when Lou admitted performing some.

Once again you have added nothing to prior threds. I have spent a lot of time repeating things you should know based on the media reports and rules I have cited above. If you choose to beleive the NCAA just decided to persecute Lou and make up 30 violations at every school he coached except William and Mary I can't help you any more.

The problem is the NCAA found a violation and ND did not deny it, You keep acting like the NCAA was incompitent 30 times with Lou while getting it perfectly right against SC. Lou always left before the sanctions were imposed at every school where he broke the rules. Pete wasn't at SC when it was sanctioned either. The point is the actions happened under Lou, like the two times he paid recruits mentioned above.

I know you only care about ND, but neither the world of this thread revolve around you. The intial point of the thred which was not startered by my was whether ND would hire Urban. It was stated that ND never would becuase of their high standard bu SC never would based on Cheaty Petey, Pete was never accused on knowing of any NCAA violation when Lou admitted performing some.

Once again you have added nothing to prior threds. I have spent a lot of time repeating things you should know based on the media reports and rules I have cited above. If you choose to beleive the NCAA just decided to persecute Lou and make up 30 violations at every school he coached except William and Mary I can't help you any more.
You keep misrepresenting the facts.

Lou was aware of Dunbar/Mayes, who were dating.
The NCAA reviewed that situation and ruled that no violation occurred

Why do you keep lying ?

I’m not concerned about Lou at any school other than ND

Last edited:
You keep representing the facts.

Lou was aware of Dunbar/Mayes, who were dating.
The NCAA reviewed that situation and ruled that no violation occurred

Why do you keep lying ?

I’m not concerned about Lou at any school other than ND
Last time I am going to type this, The NCAA specifically faulted Holtz for not investing more after finding out about the gifts from Dunbar. You may not like it, you may not think they followed their own rules. You may want to deny it. But it is wat they said, specifically reffering to Lou. You must (I would think by now have looked up NCAA findings right. It is stated quire clearly.

Last time I am going to type this, The NCAA specifically faulted Holtz for not investing more after finding out about the gifts from Dunbar. You may not like it, you may not think they followed their own rules. You may want to deny it. But it is wat they said, specifically reffering to Lou. You must (I would think by now have looked up NCAA findings right. It is stated quire clearly.
So it wasn’t something that Holtz did, rather something that the NCAA felt that Holtz should have done, by investigated more.

Why does that ring familiar ? Shouldn’t Pete have done the same ?

Reggie Bush was such a high profile player.

How could all of the benefits he received have remained a secret, especially amongst the players and coaches ?

But Pete had no knowledge of the Reggie Bush situation, right ?

You must be the only guy on the planet that believes that.

The NCAA deemed that gifts from Dunbar were non-violations due to her status as dating the player/s..

So now, according to the NCAA, coaches should take the time to investigate situations where a players girlfriends are giving them gifts. That’s total nonsense.

The NCAA had an agenda and they created a narrative that fit that agenda.

He hates stress. Can’t handle HC. His wife hates him being a HC. No way he’s making $2 million on TV. Why not take the ND OC job?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT