ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer fired

They did vacate games because of things that happened under Holtz right? I mean no school who the NCAA allowed to handle an issue vacated games. I thought you would have understood that.

also the forfeited games were the fourth major violation of NCAA rules by ND.

WRONG ! there were NO vacated games under Holtz, the vacated games were under Kelly over the student being declared an employee of the University.by the NCAA.

Please get your facts right BEFORE making reckless accusations in an attempt to deflect scrutiny from USC‘s violations

The First ever ND violation and sanction by the NCAA was the Kim Dunbar case, which hinged on a players girlfriend paying $ 25 to join a breakfast club. For whatever reason Father Malloy chose not to contest or appeal the decision, another foolish decision

Another was the student-tutor being deemed a university employee, a bogus and flawed decision.

a recruiting violation in Seattle is next, minor but still a violation

Another was for Kelly posing for a photo, which is beyond minor.

so, did I list all of the NCAA sanctions or did I miss any ?

Now, let’s compare them to the USC sanctions in terms of egregiousness !

The First ever ND violation and sanction by the NCAA was the Kim Dunbar case, which hinged on a players girlfriend paying $ 25 to join a breakfast club. For whatever reason Father Malloy chose not to contest or appeal the decision, another foolish decision

Another was the student-tutor being deemed a university employee, a bogus and flawed decision.

a recruiting violation in Seattle is next, minor but still a violation

Another was for Kelly posing for a photo, which is beyond minor.

so, did I list all of the NCAA sanctions or did I miss any ?

Now, let’s compare them to the USC sanctions in terms of egregiousness !
The that it was the fourth violation was a factor for the NCAA. One of those violation was under Holtz as was the steroids issue.
As I have posted, but you cannot graspmy point was ND had too many violations to point the finger at SC and that calling PC chesty Peter was hypocritical while praising Holtz who is one of all time leaders in NCAA violations in the history of college football. Every team except William and Mary.

There is no need to compare because it was never the point. But since you insist At SC Loyd Lake paid the parents of Reggie’ aplayer on the team in his Junior year to leave SC and forgo his Senior year. The was no competitive advantage. None of this was known to the staff.

Under Holtz players took roids giving them a huge competitive advantage. Dunbar gave players money and gifts to have sex with at least one of them.
Lake’s actions wouldn’t even be against the NIL rules now. Where as PEDs and paying for sex are.

The that it was the fourth violation was a factor for the NCAA. One of those violation was under Holtz as was the steroids issue.
As I have posted, but you cannot graspmy point was ND had too many violations to point the finger at SC and that calling PC chesty Peter was hypocritical while praising Holtz who is one of all time leaders in NCAA violations in the history of college football. Every team except William and Mary.

There is no need to compare because it was never the point. But since you insist At SC Loyd Lake paid the parents of Reggie’ aplayer on the team in his Junior year to leave SC and forgo his Senior year. The was no competitive advantage. None of this was known to the staff.

Under Holtz players took roids giving them a huge competitive advantage. Dunbar gave players money and gifts to have sex with at least one of them.
Lake’s actions wouldn’t even be against the NIL rules now. Where as PEDs and paying for sex are.
NONE of the violations were under Holtz

You just don’t know what you’re talking about.

Dunbar was intimately involved with several players, having a child with one of them, and she gave them gifts which is NOT an NCAA violation. Repeat, a woman giving gifts to players she was dating is NOT an NCAA violation.

you don’t even know the NCAA rules.

You continue to deliberately make false allegations without even knowing the facts of the case

Dumbar did not pay for sex as you falsely claim,.

You’re sounding more and more like an uninformed idiot in your desperate attempt to divert attention from USC‘s egregious violations

You’re so desperate to divert attention from USC’s egregious violations that you’re lying about ND.

Do you know with absolute certainty that USC players weren’t taking steroids ?

Do you even know if any of the five players Rosenthal named were starters ?

Quantify the “huge competitive advantage “

NONE of the violations were under Holtz

You just don’t know what you’re talking about.

Dunbar was intimately involved with several players, having a child with one of them, and she gave them gifts which is NOT an NCAA violation. Repeat, a woman giving gifts to players she was dating is NOT an NCAA violation.

you don’t even know the NCAA rules.

You continue to deliberately make false allegations without even knowing the facts of the case

Dumbar did not pay for sex as you falsely claim,.

You’re sounding more and more like an uninformed idiot in your desperate attempt to divert attention from USC‘s egregious violations

You’re so desperate to divert attention from USC’s egregious violations that you’re lying about ND.

Do you know with absolute certainty that USC players weren’t taking steroids ?

Do you even know if any of the five players Rosenthal named were starters ?

Quantify the “huge competitive advantage “
That isn’t true, boosters can’t give gift. It is beyond dispute that every team that Holtz coached other than William and Mary was put on probation because of actions which occurred under his leadership. It is a matter of record.

you may think that allowing players to take steroids and paying them for sex is fine. I don’t and neither does the NCAA.

A
to sC players using steroids I don’t know, I do know it wasn’t alleged when PC was coach. I also know SC athletes are and have been tested regularly.
But once again, and maybe someone can explain this to you, it that ND record with Holtz and four major violations should make them think before criticizing SC’

That isn’t true, boosters can’t give gift. It is beyond dispute that every team that Holtz coached other than William and Mary was put on probation because of actions which occurred under his leadership. It is a matter of record.

you may think that allowing players to take steroids and paying them for sex is fine. I don’t and neither does the NCAA.

A
to sC players using steroids I don’t know, I do know it wasn’t alleged when PC was coach. I also know SC athletes are and have been tested regularly.
But once again, and maybe someone can explain this to you, it that ND record with Holtz and four major violations should make them think before criticizing SC’
I wish you knew how to read.

First, no player paid for sex, and you’re a douchebag for implying that.
Secondly, Dunbar didn’t pay for sex and you’re even more of a douchebag for implying that

A girlfriend, family member or friend can give all the gifts they want and it’s NOT an NCAA violation !

A girlfriend can have as much sex with a player as they want and it’s NOT an NCAA violation.

In the Dunbar case she was giving gifts, and having sex with a player, which was perfectly OK, until she SUBSEQUENTLY paid $ 25 to join a breakfast club subsequent to her already being involved with a player/s.

It was Dunbar’s act of joining the breakfast club that triggered the violation.

The violation was beyond flimsy.
iF SHE doesn‘t join the breakfast club, there is no violation !
Dunbar, NOT Holtz created the violation.
Holtz had NOTHING to do with the violation and he was in no position to prevent it.
Neither Notre Dame nor Holtz could have prevented it.
The violation was solely Dunbar’s doing and Father Malloy failed to contest snd appeal a bad ruling

You’re attempting to equate a girlfriend joining a breakfast club with USC’s systemic and egregious violations that caused USC to vacate its NC and have the Heisman rescinded and it doesn’t fly.

you’ve proven yourself to be a low life douchebag, so take your USC loyalties to USC websites and remove yourself from a Notre Dame website where you are not welcome

Reactions: Weisnheimer
I wish you knew how to read.

First, no player paid for sex, and you’re a douchebag for implying that.
Secondly, Dunbar didn’t pay for sex and you’re even more of a douchebag for implying that

A girlfriend, family member or friend can give all the gifts they want and it’s NOT an NCAA violation !

A girlfriend can have as much sex with a player as they want and it’s NOT an NCAA violation.

In the Dunbar case she was giving gifts, and having sex with a player, which was perfectly OK, until she SUBSEQUENTLY paid $ 25 to join a breakfast club subsequent to her already being involved with a player/s.

It was Dunbar’s act of joining the breakfast club that triggered the violation.

The violation was beyond flimsy.
iF SHE doesn‘t join the breakfast club, there is no violation !
Dunbar, NOT Holtz created the violation.
Holtz had NOTHING to do with the violation and he was in no position to prevent it.
Neither Notre Dame nor Holtz could have prevented it.
The violation was solely Dunbar’s doing and Father Malloy failed to contest snd appeal a bad ruling

You’re attempting to equate a girlfriend joining a breakfast club with USC’s systemic and egregious violations that caused USC to vacate its NC and have the Heisman rescinded and it doesn’t fly.

you’ve proven yourself to be a low life douchebag, so take your USC loyalties to USC websites and remove yourself from a Notre Dame website where you are not welcome
Look I get it . Facts and rules you don’t like you ignore of lie about. The rule is she was a booster. Sorry you don’t like it. And a relationship has to predate the player status. You really think the NCAA and ND misunderstood the rules?

I am sorry reality is troubling to you.

As to to the insults; you aren’t a person I care about so feel free.

Look I get it . Facts and rules you don’t like you ignore of lie about. The rule is she was a booster. Sorry you don’t like it. And a relationship has to predate the player status. You really think the NCAA and ND misunderstood the rules?

Dunbar had relations with up to a 12 players before getting caught. Afterwords she spent four years in prison for embezzlement. Might be girl friend material for you but not for most.

I am sorry reality is troubling to you.

As to to the insults; you aren’t a person I care about so feel free

Last edited:
It’s not realty, it’s your lying.

You want to equate the actions of a single individual outside of the university and beyond the control of the university with an institutional violation by USC and I’m not going to let you get away with lying and false equivalencies.

that’s reality ,!

Bottom line is that you lied and distorted the truth

take your lying to a USC website

I have no problem with guys disagreeing and arguing with me, honest disagreements are healthy, but lying, fabricating, misrepresenting and making false equivalencies transitions you from a legitimate debater to a douchebag..

you’re not to be trusted

go to a USC website

It’s not realty, it’s your lying.

You want to equate the actions of a single individual outside of the university and beyond the control of the university with an institutional violation by USC and I’m not going to let you get away with lying and false equivalencies.

that’s reality ,!

Bottom line is that you lied and distorted the truth

take your lying to a USC website
Actaully no. I posgt a newsppare source for what I said. You said Dunbar was the girl friend of one of the layers. She was having sex with about a dozen in your lastest example.

"the actions of a single individual outside of the university and beyond the control of the university..." perfectly describes Reggie's situation one guy payong for a home 50 miles from Campus.'

But steriod use by muitiple players or a booster having sex with a dozen players and giving tham gifts dosn't fit your sentence,

I don't care it you trust me or not. I sourced all the allegations I mentioned. You asked me what some of the violatons were so I looked u[ a couple:

...when he was coaching Minnesota in 1985 and breaking an NCAA rule paying a recruit $200, and then later finding a new job at another school for the assistant coach who witnessed the payment. Holtz wanted the assistant to say the amount was just $20, but the assistant refused.

At Minnesota, he gave $200 to quarterback Roselle Richardson after Richardson had his wallet stolen while playing basketball on a recruiting visit. Richardson said he had just $10 and a Sears credit card in his wallet.

Holtz claimed he gave Richardson just $20. According to a Chicago Tribune report, Pete Cordelli, who played for Holtz when he coached at North Carolina State and became an assistant for him at Arkansas, Minnesota and Notre Dame, said he witnessed Holtz reaching from the backseat of the car Cordelli was driving and handing Richardson two $100 bills. Cordelli said Richardson refused to accept the money, but Holtz insisted and insisted.

At Notre Dame, Holtz conveniently turned his head from the relationship between Irish players and former booster Kimberly Dunbar, who embezzled more than $1.2 million from her employer and then lavished the players with gifts, trips and money.

The NCAA report said Holtz dropped his inquiry into a trip Dunbar took with player Derrick Mayes in 1994 after learning the two were dating. The infractions committee said a "more complete investigation at that time might have precluded what later became a significant problem."

Finally at South Carolina, there were five major violations with four involving academic infractions of which Holtz claimed he had no knowledge.

Last edited:
I have no problem with guys disagreeing and arguing with me, honest disagreements are healthy, but lying, fabricating, misrepresenting and making false equivalencies transitions you from a legitimate debater to a douchebag..

you’re not to be trusted

go to a USC website
Oh you have a BIG problem with people disagreeing with you. You keep doubling down on being a bigger idiot then Golson5.

Actaully no. I posgt a newsppare source for what I said. You said Dunbar was the girl friend of one of the layers. She was having sex with about a dozen in your lastest example.

"the actions of a single individual outside of the university and beyond the control of the university..." perfectly describes Reggie's situation one guy payong for a home 50 miles from Campus.'

But steriod use by muitiple players or a booster having sex with a dozen players and giving tham gifts dosn't fit your sentence,

I don't care it you trust me or not. I sourced all the allegations I mentioned. You asked me what some of the violatons were so I looked u[ a couple:

...when he was coaching Minnesota in 1985 and breaking an NCAA rule paying a recruit $200, and then later finding a new job at another school for the assistant coach who witnessed the payment. Holtz wanted the assistant to say the amount was just $20, but the assistant refused.

At Minnesota, he gave $200 to quarterback Roselle Richardson after Richardson had his wallet stolen while playing basketball on a recruiting visit. Richardson said he had just $10 and a Sears credit card in his wallet.

Holtz claimed he gave Richardson just $20. According to a Chicago Tribune report, Pete Cordelli, who played for Holtz when he coached at North Carolina State and became an assistant for him at Arkansas, Minnesota and Notre Dame, said he witnessed Holtz reaching from the backseat of the car Cordelli was driving and handing Richardson two $100 bills. Cordelli said Richardson refused to accept the money, but Holtz insisted and insisted.

At Notre Dame, Holtz conveniently turned his head from the relationship between Irish players and former booster Kimberly Dunbar, who embezzled more than $1.2 million from her employer and then lavished the players with gifts, trips and money.

The NCAA report said Holtz dropped his inquiry into a trip Dunbar took with player Derrick Mayes in 1994 after learning the two were dating. The infractions committee said a "more complete investigation at that time might have precluded what later became a significant problem."

Finally at South Carolina, there were five major violations with four involving academic infractions of which Holtz claimed he had no knowledge.
You keep conflating separate issues.

i am ONLY concerned with Notre Dame, not Minnesota or any other school.

So let’s stick to the issues related to Notre Dame and specifically to Dunbar and Steroids, which you disingenuously conflate

Neither ND nor Holtz was sanctioned by the NCAA for the steroid issue.
The NCAA never investigated ND

Notre Dame did NOT vacate any games under Holtz, the vacated games were under Kelly

You didn’t cite sources, you cited opinion pieces.

Your inference that Holtz should have known that Dunbar was embezzling money from her employer just shows how ignorant you are.

Your inference that Holtz knew what women his players were having sex with is equally ignorant.

Your inference that Holtz knew what gifts women who were dating his players were giving them is another indication of your ignorance and your desperation.

What Dunbar did with the players was NOT an NCAA violation.
it ONLY became a violation when she subsequently joined a breakfast club.
Dunbar’s actions were beyond the control of Notre Dame, it’s administration and coaches.

But we know that’s not the case with USC and Reggie Bush where USC was aware of the violation.

USC was INSTITUTIONALLY GUILTY !

And there’s no way you can defend that.

No amount of deflection or diversion can change the fact that USC WAS INSTITUTIONALLY GUILTY OF MAJOR VIOLATIONS

Oh you have a BIG problem with people disagreeing with you. You keep doubling down on being a bigger idiot then Golson5.
I do have a big problem agreeing with morons like you when the position you take is flawed or false.

“a bigger idiot than Golson5”, now that’s really insulting, because that’s impossible

So let’s stick to the issues related to Notre Dame and specifically to Dunbar and Steroids, which you disingenuously conflate

Notre Dame did NOT vacate any games under Holtz, the vacated games were under Kelly

Your inference that Holtz should have known that Dunbar was embezzling money from her employer just shows how ignorant you are.

Your inference that Holtz knew what women his players were having sex with is equally ignorant.

Your inference that Holtz knew what gifts women who were dating his players were giving them is another indication of your ignorance and your desperation.

Dunbar’s actions were beyond the control of Notre Dame, it’s administration and coaches.

But we know that’s not the case with USC and Reggie Bush where USC was aware of the violation.

No amount of deflection or diversion can change the fact that USC WAS INSTITUTIONALLY GUILTY OF MAJOR VIOLATIONS
Dunbar wasn’t a violation until it was when she became a boioster and then it was. Got it. Thank you for admitting it was a violation. Everything else, although true, can be ignored because you believe I am ignorant. Got it.

Dunbar gave gifts and had sex with 12 different players but it was love at first sight, 12 times. Got it.

The point of the post was it is hypocritical to attack Pete and celebrate Lou, an all time NCAA violator who admitted to paying a recruit and lying about it.

Capitalizing words really doesn’t change much. And there is also that ND has had four major violations and forfeited wins

Last edited:
I do have a big problem agreeing with morons like you when the position you take is flawed or false.

“a bigger idiot than Golson5”, now that’s really insulting, because that’s impossible
Do you ever listen to yourself. You make Golson5 look like a genius, and that’s hard to do.

Really. A very good post. As were about 5 others of yours pointing bs ND allegations issues. Him giving a kid with no money other than a Sears card, $200? I mean if that fatherly behavior got him in trouble, Lou probably said, "so be it." Annnnd, it's alleged. OH THE HORROR! EGREGIOUS!! It's not $20,000 we're talking. And it's not nearly reggie bush's asking fee of $55,000. I doubt your typical HC is watching his players sex escapades, but if you don't think a HC would hear about a house for a player? No matter the sport, let alone YOUR player, you are in big time denial.

And thanks for explaining the Dunbar situation, as I didn't know it and didn't really want to. But now far removed, it is enlightening. $25 infraction. I would guess that at the very least that girl was troubled. She embezzled 1.4 million from her employer.

As you said, and I have no reason to doubt you re. the legalities of gifting as an outside person to ND, that she is allowed to give gifts out. This must be done in all sorts of creative ways in today's schools/athletes. But beach the innocent wants to shred Lou for a $25 breakfast membership.

These are the scabs that 'beach the innocent', is hanging around here for. Pounding home to ND fans on a ND board these petty allegations Pathetic.

Really. A very good post. As were about 5 others of yours pointing bs ND allegations issues. Him giving a kid with no money other than a Sears card, $200? I mean if that fatherly behavior got him in trouble, Lou probably said, "so be it." Annnnd, it's alleged. OH THE HORROR! EGREGIOUS!! It's not $20,000 we're talking. And it's not nearly reggie bush's asking fee of $55,000. I doubt your typical HC is watching his players sex escapades, but if you don't think a HC would hear about a house for a player? No matter the sport, let alone YOUR player, you are in big time denial.

And thanks for explaining the Dunbar situation, as I didn't know it and didn't really want to. But now far removed, it is enlightening. $25 infraction. I would guess that at the very least that girl was troubled. She embezzled 1.4 million from her employer.

As you said, and I have no reason to doubt you re. the legalities of gifting as an outside person to ND, that she is allowed to give gifts out. This must be done in all sorts of creative ways in today's schools/athletes. But beach the innocent wants to shred Lou for a $25 breakfast membership.

These are the scabs that 'beach the innocent', is hanging around here for. Pounding home to ND fans on a ND board these petty allegations Pathetic.
Well the point was ND fans criticsizing SC becuase it had NCAA violations made little sense based on Holtz hiring and the pther infractions by ND so how horrible they were wasn't really an issue. Personally I think lying about the amount of money you giave a recruit and trying to get another coach to lie about is worse than the gilft. But if you think that is OK, it is up to you.

I also don't think it is great for a booster, as defined by the NCAA, to steal over a million dollar and give it to a dozen players who she has sex with. It is also hard to beleive those players didn't know it was a violation since every player has to go though NCAA rules training before they can even practice. Apparently that is no problem for you and once again, your standards are your own.

Sincerly

Beach the Innocent.

Last edited:
Dunbar wasn’t a violation until it was when she became a boioster and then it was. Got it. Thank you for admitting it was a violation. Everything else, although true, can be ignored because you believe I am ignorant. Got it.

Dunbar gave gifts and had sex with 12 different players but it was love at first sight, 12 times. Got it.

The point of the post was it is hypocritical to attack Pete and celebrate Lou, an all time NCAA violator who admitted to paying a recruit and lying about it.

Capitalizing words really doesn’t change much. And there is also that ND has had four major violations and forfeited wins
What you FAIL to understand is that it was an NCAA violation that was BEYOND ND’s control.

ND was NOT complicit in the violation in any shape manner or form. !

USC can NOT make that claim.

USC was INSTITUTIONALLY GUILTY

Capitalizing adds emphasis, tone if you will.

In other posts I have supported USC, but the Reggie Bush issue is undefensible and no attempts to divert and deflect will change that.

What you FAIL to understand is that it was an NCAA violation that was BEYOND ND’s control.

ND was NOT complicit in the violation in any shape manner or form. !

USC can NOT make that claim.

USC was INSTITUTIONALLY GUILTY

Capitalizing adds emphasis, tone if you will.

In other posts I have supported USC, but the Reggie Bush issue is undefensible and no attempts to divert and deflect will change that.
Sure it can, a booster gave Reggie's parent's use of a home fifty miles away from campus. The NCAA alleged one coach, Todd McNair knew about it. He later sued the NCAA and recieved over a million dollars in settlement

Also the gift was to get Reggie to leave SC a year early, hardly something that helps the team. Certainly not a competive advantage like players shooting up PEDs.

Last edited:
The NCAA needed creative lawyering to find that Kim Dunbar was a 'booster' as she wasn't even a big money donor. Kinda of like you need creative history to equate the compliance history of ND and SC.

The NCAA needed creative lawyering to find that Kim Dunbar was a 'booster' as she wasn't even a big money donor. Kinda of like you need creative history to equate the compliance history of ND and SC.

Not true. The definition of boster has been relatively unchanged for a long time. It is:

Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:

• Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
No creative lawyring required, just the abilty toread. Coaches must pass a test on NCAA rules before coaching. Players must attend a class.

There was no creative history by me, what I said was accurate and referenced by source. You should look into getting the internet, then you wouldn't make obvious errors like your view of what a booster is.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Do you ever listen to yourself. You make Golson5 look like a genius, and that’s hard to do.
Golson5 a genius ?

BeachCardinal,

Your material wasn’t referenced by “source” it was referenced by opinion pieces

$ 25

ND had no control over Dunbar, USC had total control over their actions, but you’re too obtuse to know the difference

Sure it can, a booster gave Reggie's parent's use of a home fifty miles away from campus. The NCAA alleged one coach, Todd McNair knew about it. He later sued the NCAA and recieved over a million dollars in settlement

Also the gift was to get Reggie to leave SC a year early, hardly something that helps the team. Certainly not a competive advantage like players shooting up PEDs.
You are too stupid to understand the distinctions

What difference does the mileage from campus make.?

How could you forget about the cash and travel expenses In addition to the house.

it’s interesting that you claim that McNair received over a million dollars when terms of the settlement weren’t disclosed.

where did you get your information from ?

Not true. The definition of boster has been relatively unchanged for a long time. It is:

Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:

• Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
No creative lawyring required, just the abilty toread. Coaches must pass a test on NCAA rules before coaching. Players must attend a class.

There was no creative history by me, what I said was accurate and referenced by source. You should look into getting the internet, then you wouldn't make obvious errors like your view of what a booster is.
Once again you’re lying, your references were opinion pieces, not source documentaction.

have someone with a brain explain the difference to you.

Once again you’re lying, your references were opinion pieces, not source documentaction.

have someone with a brain explain the difference to you.
Really, get the internet. That is a quote from NCAA rules. NCAA rules are not opinion pieces. Besides you didn't capitalize any thing in your post, so it doesn't count.

But since I am lying about the rule, please post the correct difinition under NCAA rules.

You are too stupid to understand the distinctions

What difference does the mileage from campus make.?

How could you forget about the cash and travel expenses In addition to the house.

it’s interesting that you claim that McNair received over a million dollars when terms of the settlement weren’t disclosed.

where did you get your information from ?
I am lawyer in Southern California, I know the lawyers in the case, The differene the milege makes is it is hard from coaches to know what happens with parents of a player,, who live 5o miles away.

I am lawyer in Southern California, I know the lawyers in the case, The differene the milege makes is it is hard from coaches to know what happens with parents of a player,, who live 5o miles away.
But if he lived 25 miles away that would be a giveaway ?

Where did they think he was living, Sherman Oaks, Taluca Lake, and how was he getting back and forth to campus from 50 miles away every day ? hitchhiking ?

How about the cash and travel expenses.

You’re an attorney and you don’t know that Dunbar paying $ 25 to join a breakfast club was totally outside of the control of ND. ?

But if he lived 25 miles away that would be a giveaway ?

Where did they think he was living, Sherman Oaks, Taluca Lake, and how was he getting back and forth to campus from 50 miles away every day ? hitchhiking ?

How about the cash and travel expenses.

You’re an attorney and you don’t know that Dunbar paying $ 25 to join a breakfast club was totally outside of the control of ND. ?
Reggie wasn't living at the house with his parents. You may not be aware that many kids live away from their parents while at college. And yes Loyd Lakes actions were totally outside of the control of SC. However, a school booster club is required to be monitired by the School. Now maybe you are right and ND just said, "there a lady giving players expensive gifts and having sex with them....nothing to see here." But you do have to attempt to keep track of boosters. That's why the is a definitionin the NCAA rules.

Here is some more info for you:

Unfortunately, in 1995, Dunbar paid $25 to become a member of the Quarterback Club, a group for Irish football fans who met for a $12 lunch on the Friday before football games. Members heard coaches or players speak. Notre Dame had explained to members the NCAA rules committee that defined them as boosters, though no fund-raising was ever done.

As a member of the Quarterback Club, the NCAA regarded Dunbar as a representative of Notre Dame’s football interests, which fell under their rules severely restricting gift-giving to student-athletes.

So I guess they were aware they need to monitor them.

And some more info for future posts:

Boosters are prohibited from providing any type of benefit to a current or prospective student-athlete. NCAA Bylaw 12.1.2.1.6 prohibits preferential treatment, benefits or services because of the individual's athletics reputation or skill or pay-back potential as a professional athlete, unless such treatment, benefits or services are specifically permitted under NCAA legislation.

The only exception to this rule is if there is a clear preexisting relationship between the booster and the student-athlete. The NCAA membership services staff reviewed the application of NCAA Bylaw 12.1.2.1.6 as it relates to factual situations in which an individual (student-athlete or prospective student-athlete) has received benefits prior to collegiate enrollment from someone other than a family member or legal guardian, and agreed that the following objective guidelines generally should be used in determining whether such benefits are contrary to the legislation:

1. Did the relationship between the athlete (or the athlete's parents) and the individual providing the benefit(s) develop as a result of the athlete's participation in athletics or notoriety related thereto?
  2. Did the relationship between the athlete (or the athlete's parents) and the individual providing the benefit(s) predate the athlete's status as a prospective student-athlete?
  3. Did the relationship between the athlete (or the athlete's parents) and the individual providing the benefit(s) predate the athlete's status achieved as a result of his or her athletics ability or reputation?
  4. Was the pattern of benefits provided by the individual to the athlete (or the athlete's parents) prior to the athlete attaining notoriety as a skilled athlete similar in nature to those provided after attaining such stature?
So unless Dunber knew all 12 players and had been paying them for a long time, it seems to be a rule violation.

Last edited:
We have found someone who is a bigger dumbass then you Golson5. That should make you feel great.
You're still in the top 5. You've been passed up but your still in the mix

Savvy, pat, you, weisenheimer, du lac

Top 5 annoying, least knowledgeable posters on this board.

And The Pooch didn't know a thing about it...riiiiight...

You're still in the top 5. You've been passed up but your still in the mix

Savvy, pat, you, weisenheimer, du lac

Top 5 annoying, least knowledgeable posters on this board.

Well that's the best compliment you said in a while. It's obvious you can't understand intelligent football talk - (football anything really) by your evident rehearsing and echoing of your hero bloviator, Driskill. But I would stay with plagiarism because when the rare time you actually give your own thought, it's both incorrect and juvenile simultaneously.

Reggie wasn't living at the house with his parents. You may not be aware that many kids live away from their parents while at college. And yes Loyd Lakes actions were totally outside of the control of SC. However, a school booster club is required to be monitired by the School. Now maybe you are right and ND just said, "there a lady giving players expensive gifts and having sex with them....nothing to see here." But you do have to attempt to keep track of boosters. That's why the is a definitionin the NCAA rules.

Unfortunately, in 1995, Dunbar paid $25 to become a member of the Quarterback Club, a group for Irish football fans who met for a $12 lunch on the Friday before football games. Members heard coaches or players speak. Notre Dame had explained to members the NCAA rules committee that defined them as boosters, though no fund-raising was ever done.

As a member of the Quarterback Club, the NCAA regarded Dunbar as a representative of Notre Dame’s football interests, which fell under their rules severely restricting gift-giving to student-athletes.

Boosters are prohibited from providing any type of benefit to a current or prospective student-athlete. NCAA Bylaw 12.1.2.1.6 prohibits preferential treatment, benefits or services because of the individual's athletics reputation or skill or pay-back potential as a professional athlete, unless such treatment, benefits or services are specifically permitted under NCAA legislation.

The only exception to this rule is if there is a clear preexisting relationship between the booster and the student-athlete. The NCAA membership services staff reviewed the application of NCAA Bylaw 12.1.2.1.6 as it relates to factual situations in which an individual (student-athlete or prospective student-athlete) has received benefits prior to collegiate enrollment from someone other than a family member or legal guardian, and agreed that the following objective guidelines generally should be used in determining whether such benefits are contrary to the legislation:

1. Did the relationship between the athlete (or the athlete's parents) and the individual providing the benefit(s) develop as a result of the athlete's participation in athletics or notoriety related thereto?
  2. Did the relationship between the athlete (or the athlete's parents) and the individual providing the benefit(s) predate the athlete's status as a prospective student-athlete?
  3. Did the relationship between the athlete (or the athlete's parents) and the individual providing the benefit(s) predate the athlete's status achieved as a result of his or her athletics ability or reputation?
  4. Was the pattern of benefits provided by the individual to the athlete (or the athlete's parents) prior to the athlete attaining notoriety as a skilled athlete similar in nature to those provided after attaining such stature?
So unless Dunber knew all 12 players and had been paying them for a long time, it seems to be a rule violation.

So had she not gone to a $12 breakfast, there would be no problem with anything she did on her own. Is that true? You want to rake Lou through the coal because he wasn't aware of this person who showed up for a breakfast, or that he may never have even gone to himself? smh Pete brings murderers to meet his team, but WHOA! We're talkin $12 Violations here!!

And The Pooch didn't know a thing about it...riiiiight...
I don't know if he knew. I just no that after several months of investigation which included going through the coaches emails, phone and text message the NCAA didn't alledge he knew.

What did they miss? What facts do you have that indicate he knew?

I don't know if he knew. I just no that after several months of investigation which included going through the coaches emails, phone and text message the NCAA didn't alledge he knew.

What did they miss? What facts do you have that indicate he knew?

Do you think he knew that reggie's parents moved out to California?

I’m far more familiar with the Dunbar case than you are.

You stated that ND had to vacate games under Holtz, that’s a complete lie.

NO games were vacated.

How convenient of you to ignore the cash and travel expenses that Bush received.

Didn‘t Bush wear 619, representing the San Diego area code, about 120 miles from USC

You never answered my question about the amount of the settlement.

Dunbar did know the players and had been engaged with them prior to joining the breakfast club.

But back to Reggie Bush and the cash and travel expenses he received.

Is it your stated opinion that you equate Dunbar joining a breakfast club with USC‘s violations

I’m far more familiar with the Dunbar case than you are.

You stated that ND had to vacate games under Holtz, that’s a complete lie.

NO games were vacated.

How convenient of you to ignore the cash and travel expenses that Bush received.

Didn‘t Bush wear 619, representing the San Diego area code, about 120 miles from USC

You never answered my question about the amount of the settlement.

Dunbar did know the players and had been engaged with them prior to joining the breakfast club.

But back to Reggie Bush and the cash and travel expenses he received.

Is it your stated opinion that you equate Dunbar joining a breakfast club with USC‘s violations
I never deinied any of the allegations against SC. I denied any evidence the Pete know of them, The NCAA never alledged that Pete know about them and no one has suggested otherwise. I guess you are writing about the airline tickets for Reggie's parents???

Yes Reggie sometimes wore 619 representing where he played high school ball in Sn Marcus near San Diego. Can you explain what this has to do with anything?

For some reason, which is hard to undertand, you are focusing on the 25 dollars piad instead of the nearly one million dollars spent on athletes she was sleeping with. So I guess if Loyd Lake paid 25 bucks to become a booster you would be OK with that?

The preexisting rule deals with when the player became a scholship athlete not when one became a booster. Players could have not accepted gift from Dunabr if she weren't a booster. The stauts of booster just makes it a requirement for the school to monitor. I don't know if you follow football but you surely don't beleive that anyone who isn't a booster could give unlimted gifts to college athletes do you? Or are you saying Dunbar had relations with these players while they were in High School.

Sorry I wasn't more clear, but I truely though most football fans understood. Athletes cannot accept gifts from anyone other than those who have given them similiar gifts beofre they became althetes, whether they are boosters are not. Boosters are not allowed to give gifts or provide recruiting help and the school must inform them of the rules (which ND did) and monitor them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT