ADVERTISEMENT

Updated. 6 ND players arrested

when I saw the thread title, I was hoping it was about, AA or AAA or D

shortly after midnight? after a week of practice for the big opener, and study? why wasn't he sleeping?

Devin will find out quickly that SB ain't Tallahassee!

when I saw the thread title, I was hoping it was about, AA or AAA or D

shortly after midnight? after a week of practice for the big opener, and study? why wasn't he sleeping?

Devin will find out quickly that SB ain't Tallahassee!

Why was he not sleeping? He is 20 or 21 who knows maybe 22 years old...it is a Friday night, in what could be his last year at ND and he has the weekend off from practice. School does not start until next week. Why the heck would he be home studying? The real business of school starts next week.

Now resisting arrest and assault are a different story but please.

Well that sucks. I know he's out injured. But is it safe to say , even without knowing any details, that his career is basically over at ND? I was reading that the "incident" occurred at the Linebacker Lounge. some things always hold to be true. Bars and athletes do not mix is one of them. Again, i have no clue what happened. But if your a football player for ND and hanging out in a bar, you will be a magnet for people. Some will be nice others not so nice. If the " not so nice" people try to push your buttons, that's when you get up and simply leave before an altercation happens.

Nothing good can come out of being in the linebacker after midnight. A mix of locals and students. Throw in some alcohol and it can be a bad mix.

Keep in mind guys. He was buried in the depth chart before injuring his foot. And most likely thought he wasn't seeing the field this year anyhow.

That said if he did assault an officer. Take his number. Get him off campus and give the free ride to someone with more respect for police.

Reactions: tkirish
Not to be the bearer of more bad news but saw a report on twitter that in a different incident the following 5 were arrested on possession.

DEX
Max
Ashton White
TEVON Coney
Kevin Stephenson

3 had guns too.

So much for Max's new found leadership.

havent seen it on here, but 5 more players were arrested for marijuana and gun poessession charges. Redfield, Stepherson, Coney, Dexter Williams, Ashton White.

Good to see the boys handling their 1st night off after camp so well.

Reactions: zonairish
Seriously, how stupid can you be? ND is no different than other schools when comes to bad behavior. Let's see how they handle this. My guess is that, if true, all players are gone.

Reactions: ohio1980
holy shiat ... that entire group is extremely pivotal to the future of the program.

BK has yet another 10 foot hole to climb out of before the season even gets started.

Reactions: ohio1980
Not to be the bearer of more bad news but saw a report on twitter that in a different incident the following 5 were arrested on possession.

DEX
Max
Ashton White
TEVON Coney
Kevin Stephenson

3 had guns too.

So much for Max's new found leadership.
Yea... Max taking the youngsters under his wing. Studstill had better heal that hamstring in a hurry.

Yea... Max taking the youngsters under his wing. Studstill had better heal that hamstring in a hurry.

Amazing how these morons have let the program and themselves down. Unlike the sickening Obama I want to hear all the details before discussing but betting all six are gone. Never surprised at how poor some of these guys act.

Amazing how these morons have let the program and themselves down. Unlike the sickening Obama I want to hear all the details before discussing but betting all six are gone. Never surprised at how poor some of these guys act.
Glad we are making sure to throw a shot a Obama in there

Reactions: justacollegefan
I don't remember any coach who year after deals with so many off field issues. You know what? get rid of them all. It's simple. Here are the rules, no breaks, no excuses. You mess up , you're gone. Simple. There are plenty of players who would kil to play for ND. That's the ones you need to recruit.

Sounds like a constructive possession charge. No one claims ownership of the gun/marijuana, all get charged. At least that's how it would work in my state. Not familiar with IN law. Maybe some charges against some of them will be dropped.

now UT has a chance. Without Max, the secondary loses a lot of experience. I also expected Coney to play significant minutes.

the more things change the more they stay the same! but one thing for sure: nothing stays the same.

Reactions: Kelso86
for the record, there was 1 loaded gun, not 3. i'm not sure how that ends up w/ multiple gun charges.

Seriously, how stupid can you be? ND is no different than other schools when comes to bad behavior. Let's see how they handle this. My guess is that, if true, all players are gone.

Exactly!! Thanks for being honest.
I wish this didn't happen but now Kelly has this to worry about instead of Texas.

... and this is why I've stayed away from ND football during the off season and why it grows increasingly hard each year to get excited by ND football. Our chances for a playoff spot are over before the season even starts.

Play entertaining football, win 9 games and I'm happy because it's completely unrealistic to expect anymore than that in the current environment.

Get rid of all the scumbags.
None of them are needed. It opens up more scholarships next year. We don't need this element here. This is why we get beat by the Northwesterns, Louisvilles, and struggle with Navy.

Reactions: IrishMike409
some charges will be dropped at least one player is gone if not all of them

Exactly!! Thanks for being honest.
I wish this didn't happen but now Kelly has this to worry about instead of Texas.

I doubt Kelly will spend much time worrying about this. He knows the drill and probably has already readied the staff on moving on w/o these guys.

this really sucks because this team had a chance for a 10 plus win season and now who knows. Kelly needs to send a message to all of the college sports world and boot everyone of these guys off the team even though it is some of them's first offense

Max Redfield & Devin Butler are both key veterans in the secondary (a position group already lacking much veteran talent)

Losing both of those guys plus Tevon Coney (the 3rd best LB on the team) -- days before game prep for Tex -- is debilitating to the defense/program as a whole.

For all the talk of our super high standard admissions, these types of arrests/cheating/suspensions/etc. (misc. off the field distractions) have been an all-too-regular occurrence during the BK era. You can only continue to blame the players/athletes for this type off acting out so many times before the finger gets pointed directly at the leadership of the program.

Last edited:
this is not a 'red cup' type offense; if true, this is more like something out of the SEC or Tallehassee!
Just cut them loose; give each a full release from the scholarship and move on.
Don't even let the story or situation fester. Just go forward with the season as planned.

Regarding Chase's comment: some degree of validity IF we here have commented about Meyer and Jimbo's team problems over the years.
But, curfewor babysitting is just not the solution. Solution? =accountability and swift decisive action. That is what will separate ND/Kelly from the Meyers and Jimbo's.

Maybe we should just let the facts play out. If guilty, there gone, next man in. ND is not gonna, nor should it, change for these idiots ( idiots assuming they are guilty ). Also, if true, gotta be most dissappointment in MR. Kid is suppose to be an upperclassmen, with tremendous talent, and smart. If true, it appears the latter is not true at all.

this really sucks because this team had a chance for a 10 plus win season and now who knows. Kelly needs to send a message to all of the college sports world and boot everyone of these guys off the team even though it is some of them's first offense
The rest of the college football has the message. ND is at a massive disadvantage in; recruiting, developing and retaining players.

What needs to happen is the person who brought the gun needs to fess up. Weed is not necessarily guarantee explosion from school

I doubt Kelly will spend much time worrying about this. He knows the drill and probably has already readied the staff on moving on w/o these guys.
Your kidding right? Besides the media being all over him and ND, we are talking about SIX players, not one. This is big. Kelly will be spending alot of time discussing this with his superiors.
ESPN has this on their front page already. I'm sure they will be all over Kelly this week.

Reactions: tkirish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT