ADVERTISEMENT

UNC @ ND ***Game Thread***

Once we have the horses to run freeman's scheme we will be fine too.
We’ll see, but the tackling in several games has been awful.

Ive read comments lauding Bertrand for leading in tackles but that guy misses the most tackles too. I counted 3 just on Howell by him tonight.

I’m the UC game on one scoring drive by the Bearcats on 4 consecutive plays he had a penalty, missed a tackle on a RB on a wheel route, then took terrible angles on two straight plays, one the scoring run by Ridder.

Let me preface my comment by saying, I’m thrilled ND is 7-1. That said, this is maybe the worst 7-1 team I’ve personally ever seen. Good thing the schedule fell apart like a wet paper bag.
Really? Wisconsin just crushed everyone's darling, Iowa. Purdue won again. We are a very young team on offense that is getting better weekly. Win and get better. This was a rebuilding year -- all new O-line, new QB, etc... I'm really proud of this Irish team!

Big WIN for the IRISH. And the All Time winningest coach in ND history! And how are all you “Fire Jeff Quinn” geniuses feeling now? LMAO at the Kelly Cranks! Another disappointing victory!

Really? Wisconsin just crushed everyone's darling, Iowa. Purdue won again. We are a very young team on offense that is getting better weekly. Win and get better. This was a rebuilding year -- all new O-line, new QB, etc... I'm really proud of this Irish team!
Gotta root for Purdue next week against Michigan State.......need to have someone knock them off but gotta admit that was a fun game today they played.

Big WIN for the IRISH. And the All Time winningest coach in ND history! And how are all you “Fire Jeff Quinn” geniuses feeling now? LMAO at the Kelly Cranks! Another disappointing victory!
We had a 90 yard Td run on a terribly blocked play…. Oline is playing better though but why ever start zeke at guard

Glad we won…. But we shouldn’t have allowed over 24 If we had a good D
Maybe we just don’t have that great of a Defense. The DL is damn good. LB’s are OK. The defensive backfield is bad. Take away Hamilton and it’s a mess. This is on Freeman? The bad defensive backfield isn’t his fault. Unless I’m missing something.

Maybe we just don’t have that great of a Defense. The DL is damn good. LB’s are OK. The defensive backfield is bad. Take away Hamilton and it’s a mess. This is on Freeman? The bad defensive backfield isn’t his fault. Unless I’m missing something.
I’m concerned about the DBs next season. Could get ugly.

Reactions: Kontiki09
We’ll see, but the tackling in several games has been awful.

Ive read comments lauding Bertrand for leading in tackles but that guy misses the most tackles too. I counted 3 just on Howell by him tonight.

I’m the UC game on one scoring drive by the Bearcats on 4 consecutive plays he had a penalty, missed a tackle on a RB on a wheel route, then took terrible angles on two straight plays, one the scoring run by Ridder.
I agree regarding Bertrand, but don't forget he was supposed to be second string this year.

Last week and this week though playng mostly nickel and dime the linebackers are basically left to make open field tackles alone vs in the base package runners getting banged and redirected. The d line not containing and not getting home on their pressures bothers me more than Bertrands misses

They had 3 TDs over 30 yds and another huge play that put them inside the 5.
Bro. I'm not defending the scheme, just saying why there were so many yards giving up. It was a schematic decision.

Again the scheme worked...the execution failed. Here are the scoring plays for unc

rb had 50 yarder well blocked and two missed tackles.

31 yard td on blown coverage. The safety played the wrong wr so kid was wide open. This actually is one of the few time Notre Dame WASNT playing prevent as the prevent would have likely prevented this one lol.

30 yard qb run with 10 missed tackles

Last edited:
It’s hard to win!
It is very hard to win, but you can’t shoot yourself in the foot !

2 key dropped passes, not being able to score a TD on 1st and goal from the 5.

You can’t make those mistakes against good teams and win !

I’m glad ND won, but this no where near a big win. What are you guys smoking. A big win would be beating UGA, Alabama, UC, or any top 5 team. UNC is a 4 loss team.

Let's see... we played a good offense with a QB who was a Heisman favorite and with a receiver who is one of the best in the country. We did it without one of the best defensive players in the country!

Just keep piling on the wins.

I’m glad ND won, but this no where near a big win. What are you guys smoking. A big win would be beating UGA, Alabama, UC, or any top 5 team. UNC is a 4 loss team.
Every win is a big win in college football. Look around and see the ranked teams that lost to teams with 3 losses today which is what UNC had coming in the game. No win is guaranteed so it's win and move on.

I also think a 4 loss UNC team has a good chance of beating an undefeated Wake Forest team next week. Howell earned my respect today and is a tough player to bring down. I hope he has a good career in the NFL.

Typical surface skimming fan. Does not bother to look at ANYTHING in depth.

Notre Dame can ONLY play the teams on their schedule !

Typical surface skimming fan. Does not bother to look at ANYTHING in depth.
lol, you clearly didn’t watch the game. The defensive coaching was terrible, and the offense couldn’t punch it in on several occasions which would have ended the game against an unranked 4 loss UNC team at home. Like I said I’m glad they win, but during the Kelly era, the program has been a paper tiger. He can’t beat top tier programs and never will.

Let's see... we played a good offense with a QB who was a Heisman favorite and with a receiver who is one of the best in the country. We did it without one of the best defensive players in the country!

Just keep piling on the wins.
Good point !

Reactions: NDinNJ
Yea and the one big game they had on the schedule he lost. Big game Brian is 3-12 vs top 10 teams.
Still pining for Charlie, Exit 27? Put on some Bon Jovi and pour yourself a glass of Chardonnay. The Irish are a winning program.

Reactions: mirer03
Great win. The defense could’ve done better, but nice to be 7-1. Go Irish!!

ND keeps winning and you keep bitching. Stop blaming BK for all your failures in life.
I’m not bitching. I said I’m glad they won. I can’t help it if you lack reading comprehension skills. I’m calling out morons like you claiming this is a big win.

oh and I own a successful business. We all experience failures in life, but it’s what we learn from those failures that helps us grow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT