ADVERTISEMENT

UNC @ ND ***Game Thread***

Come on D, just stop them and run the clock out !
just don’t give up and big yardage plays !

Another ugly win! Defense needs to get better and no more field goals from inside the 5 yard line.
Carolina is gonna be tired for their flight back home.

Reactions: NDinNJ
We gave up 444 yards….
So what? The entire game plan was to run a prevent defense. The plan was to give up yards but not big plays. Besides one big run it worked as they wanted.

It's not the defense id choose, but they did exactly what was planned.

So what? The entire game plan was to run a prevent defense. The plan was to give up yards but not big plays. Besides one big run it worked as they wanted.

It's not the defense id choose, but they did exactly what was planned.
We gave up like 6 plays of 30+ yards…

Let me preface my comment by saying, I’m thrilled ND is 7-1. That said, this is maybe the worst 7-1 team I’ve personally ever seen. Good thing the schedule fell apart like a wet paper bag.

Gonna be fun next year to watch this board explode when we run triple option

Don't mind the triple option if we have the horses to run it.

What I'd be more worried about and upset about is Freeman's defenses.

They counted on Bracy, Henderson, and Lewis to come up and tackle all game long. Three guys that at their current stage wouldn't start on an average acc team
We gave up like 6 plays of 30+ yards…
How many went for tds? Right.

Again I don't like it, and the tackling was some of the worst I've ever seen, but they kept everything in front of them and mostly eliminated the quick strike big play offense. Howell blinked first with that int.

D gave up 440 last week and 560 yds this week …. Really good adjustments coming off bye…. Not …. Zero self scouting

Freeman is a joke of a coach

D gave up 440 last week and 560 yes this week …. Really good adjustments coming off bye

Freeman is a joke of a coach
Nad in both games they dropped the secondary to give up completions but not deep scores. I get it isn't pretty but the goal is to win the game and they did so in both. Stats don't mean shit. Would you rather they line up 4-3 and get bombed on all day as teams pick apart Bracy and Lewis?

I've said this for years and it was true the entirety of leas tenure...he and hai staff destroyed the secondary recruiting. It was covered up until big time teams exposed it.

This year there is not a single NFL level corner on our team. Arguably there is no an NFL safety on our team not named Hamilton.

So how are you scheming a defense against teams like USC and UNC the run full spreads with elite qbs...

Nad in both games they dropped the secondary to give up completions but not deep scores. I get it isn't pretty but the goal is to win the game and they did so in both. Stats don't mean shit.
34 points tonight does when we went against 2 good players on unc offense

Glad we won…. But we shouldn’t have allowed over 24 If we had a good D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT