SEC vs Big 10 / Big 14

IrishExpert2288

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 10, 2023
Missouri beats Ohio State

Ole Miss beats Penn State

LSU beats Wisconsin

Tennessee is clobbering Iowa 28-0

Let’s see what Michigan vs Bama gives us tonight?

If be shocked if Bama didn't win by 21. These semifinal games are rarely close, and there's no way Michigan is going to blow out Alabama. Milroe is better than anyone Michigan has faced by far.

Think about this. There will be two 2024 Big Ten teams playing for the NC - Washington and Michigan. Still ragging on the Big Ten?

Completely shocked! And I'll happily admit I was wrong! I know most people on this board hate Michigan, but I'm glad to see Saban AND the SEC knocked out!
Good sport brother
I'm hoping Michigan wins, but Washington and their QB is a good story

If be shocked if Bama didn't win by 21. These semifinal games are rarely close, and there's no way Michigan is going to blow out Alabama. Milroe is better than anyone Michigan has faced by far.

Milroe is a running back who can throw lasers but has little touch. Bama's passing game was miniscule. If you stick to your rushing lanes, his scrambling can be somewhat contained.

I think fans have overrated Georgia this year. The Dawgs are still a very good team, but they are not head and shoulders better than everyone like they were in 2021. But they had that 29 game winning streak, and everyone assumed only some fantastic powerhouse could take them down. Bama was easily the best team they played this year. The Tide is also very good, but not one of Saban's best.

Pennix is 100x more dangerous than Milroe. This Washington passing game is like 2022 Ohio State.

Milroe is a running back who can throw lasers but has little touch. Bama's passing game was miniscule. If you stick to your rushing lanes, his scrambling can be somewhat contained.

I think fans have overrated Georgia this year. The Dawgs are still a very good team, but they are not head and shoulders better than everyone like they were in 2021. But they had that 29 game winning streak, and everyone assumed only some fantastic powerhouse could take them down. Bama was easily the best team they played this year. The Tide is also very good, but not one of Saban's best.

Pennix is 100x more dangerous than Milroe. This Washington passing game is like 2022 Ohio State.
Missouri was the best team Georgia played this year. SEC officiating helped Georgia prevail over them. The SEC should not have had a representative in the playoffs. Auburn had Bama dead and Bama worked over Georgia in the SEC championship game.

I’ll give you a couple of these but most non playoff games are hard to assess due to opt outs and transfers. Non Playoff Bowl games have turned into glorified spring games.

Ohio State especially. 3rd string QB and no MHJ. Hard to tell what a regular season game would’ve looked like vs Mizzou.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Think about this. There will be two 2024 Big Ten teams playing for the NC - Washington and Michigan. Still ragging on the Big Ten?
Lol at claiming Wash to be Big10 this year. If If in the Big, you think the beat MICH-OSU-PSU this year?

Any Notre Dame fan who cheers for Michigan is not a ND fan and is an idiot
I would normally always agree with you here. Michigan has always been my favorite team to root against since I was kid.

The only hold up I had this year was the realization that Michigan is one of the closest programs to ND in terms of academic standards, prestige, and typically not in the top 5 in recruiting rankings. I did think it was encouraging to see Michigan beat a Saban playoff team because if they can do it, so can we.

Anyways…. Go Huskies!

There is a lot more parity this year than the previous 15. A #8ish team like Oregon would be only a small dog to the #1 UGA team.

It doesn't bother me. I just see you as a non Notre Dame fan. That's all
It clearly bothers you.....has lying to yourself been a life long problem, or attempting to pull the wool over the boards eyes you way of hiding your bs?
Why comment multiple times if it doesn't bother you?

I would normally always agree with you here. Michigan has always been my favorite team to root against since I was kid.

The only hold up I had this year was the realization that Michigan is one of the closest programs to ND in terms of academic standards, prestige, and typically not in the top 5 in recruiting rankings. I did think it was encouraging to see Michigan beat a Saban playoff team because if they can do it, so can we.

Anyways…. Go Huskies!
Bullshit. Don't even place Michigan and Notre Dame in the same sentence.

FU.. Michigan. FU... the entire Big 10 for that matter.

Pleased as hell Notre Dame has said no to the Big 10 for decades.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Anyways…. Go Huskies!
Michigan is not near Notre Dame in academics or prestige

Missouri was the best team Georgia played this year. SEC officiating helped Georgia prevail over them. The SEC should not have had a representative in the playoffs. Auburn had Bama dead and Bama worked over Georgia in the SEC championship game.

If FSU hadn't lost their QB, the SEC might have been shut out from making the playoff this year. It would have been GLORIOUS.

Reactions: nptb and Chitown11
If FSU hadn't lost their QB, the SEC might have been shut out from making the playoff this year. It would have been GLORIOUS.
doubtful, the SEC champion has never been excluded. This was the first year that the autobid for an undefeated P5 conflicted with that for the SEC champion. I think Washington would have gotten the axe.

doubtful, the SEC champion has never been excluded. This was the first year that the autobid for an undefeated P5 conflicted with that for the SEC champion. I think Washington would have gotten the axe.

No way. Washington undefeated is in over one loss champions Texas and Bama and non-champion Georgia.

What I don't like about the committee is only looking at who are the "four best" ONE week of the entire season.
If a three loss LSU knocks off an undefeated Georgia by 3 TDs in the SEC championship game, does that make LSU one of the four best teams?

Bullshit. Don't even place Michigan and Notre Dame in the same sentence.

FU.. Michigan. FU... the entire Big 10 for that matter.

Pleased as hell Notre Dame has said no to the Big 10 for decades.
Michigan is not near Notre Dame in academics or prestige
I said “one of the closest” academically in terms of top tier football programs.

If you want stats: ND has a 15% acceptance rate while Michigan has a 20% acceptance rate. I would say those are “pretty close.” Compare those to Georgia and Bama.

Most of ND & UofM’s academic comparables are similar. If you prefer ND due to it being private and Catholic, so be it.

You can hate Michigan all you want, and so will I, but just making up biased lies that “we’re much more academically prestigious” and they’re not academically competitive is just ignorant to reality.

No way. Washington undefeated is in over one loss champions Texas and Bama and non-champion Georgia.

What I don't like about the committee is only looking at who are the "four best" ONE week of the entire season.
If a three loss LSU knocks off an undefeated Georgia by 3 TDs in the SEC championship game, does that make LSU one of the four best teams?
No way the SEC ever got left out. That was the point behind 'four best teams.'

cmon now, you were taking credit for Wash as part of the Big

Wash doesn't sniff the playoffs next year
No, but OSU (returning a ton) and OREGON are both top five, 2024 teams and will be in the NC talk all year. The B1G will rule college sports (not just football) going forward. The door is now probably shut for ND getting in the B1G

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT