ADVERTISEMENT

B1G 2024

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
Some crazy schedules

Of course Ohio State gets the easiest one.

Ohio-
At Oregon
Michigan
At Penn St
At Mich St

SC-
LSU
ND
At Maryland
At Michigan
At UCLA
At UW
Penn St
At Minnesota
Wisconsin

Penn St
At WV
Maryland
Ohio
UCLA
UW
At USC
At Wisc

UCLA
At LSU
At Penn St
Iowa
Oregon
USC
At UW

Michigan

Texas
At Ohio
At UW
USC
Oregon
Mich St

Wisconsin

Bama
At Iowa
At USC
Oregon
Penn St

Some crazy schedules

Ohio-
At Oregon
Michigan
At Penn St
At Mich St

SC-
LSU
ND
At Maryland
At Michigan
At UCLA
At UW
Penn St
At Minnesota
Wisconsin

Penn St
At WV
Maryland
Ohio
UCLA
UW
At USC
At Wisc

UCLA
At LSU
At Penn St
Iowa
Oregon
USC
At UW

Michigan

Texas
At Ohio
At UW
USC
Oregon
Mich St

Wisconsin

Bama
At Iowa
At USC
Oregon
Penn St
200w.gif

Reactions: albundy83
No he's right. No USC,no Iowa. Nobody outside big10. Easy shedule like Michigan's this year. Big 10 top teams dodge multiple top teams so they can beat up on also ran Big 10 teams Like IU,iLL.Northwestern,Rutgers,etc.

Some crazy schedules

Ohio-
At Oregon
Michigan
At Penn St
At Mich St

SC-
LSU
ND
At Maryland
At Michigan
At UCLA
At UW
Penn St
At Minnesota
Wisconsin

Penn St
At WV
Maryland
Ohio
UCLA
UW
At USC
At Wisc

UCLA
At LSU
At Penn St
Iowa
Oregon
USC
At UW

Michigan

Texas
At Ohio
At UW
USC
Oregon
Mich St

Wisconsin

Bama
At Iowa
At USC
Oregon
Penn St
I have to say it's odd seeing Westcoast teams there

Reactions: BGI User 756
No he's right. No USC,no Iowa. Nobody outside big10. Easy shedule like Michigan's this year. Big 10 top teams dodge multiple top teams so they can beat up on also ran Big 10 teams Like IU,iLL.Northwestern,Rutgers,etc.
Not our fault the Big 10 is 3 good teams this year and the rest are average. Is the 3 best teams in the same division for the past 10 years not good enough for ya? The future Big 10 schedules for all teams are loaded. Even Ohio State has to play 3 teams likely ranked in the top 15, just like this year.

Some crazy schedules

Ohio-
At Oregon
Michigan
At Penn St
At Mich St

SC-
LSU
ND
At Maryland
At Michigan
At UCLA
At UW
Penn St
At Minnesota
Wisconsin

Penn St
At WV
Maryland
Ohio
UCLA
UW
At USC
At Wisc

UCLA
At LSU
At Penn St
Iowa
Oregon
USC
At UW

Michigan

Texas
At Ohio
At UW
USC
Oregon
Mich St

Wisconsin

Bama
At Iowa
At USC
Oregon
Penn St
That’s funny, I said the same thing. If you look at the schedules going all the way out until 2028. It seems OSU has the easiest schedule of OSU, PSU, UM, USC, UW, Oregon, and UCLA.

Not our fault the Big 10 is 3 good teams this year and the rest are average. Is the 3 best teams in the same division for the past 10 years not good enough for ya? The future Big 10 schedules for all teams are loaded. Even Ohio State has to play 3 teams likely ranked in the top 15, just like this year.
Not the point. Look at everyone else and who they play

Some crazy schedules

Ohio-
At Oregon
Michigan
At Penn St
At Mich St

SC-
LSU
ND
At Maryland
At Michigan
At UCLA
At UW
Penn St
At Minnesota
Wisconsin

Penn St
At WV
Maryland
Ohio
UCLA
UW
At USC
At Wisc

UCLA
At LSU
At Penn St
Iowa
Oregon
USC
At UW

Michigan

Texas
At Ohio
At UW
USC
Oregon
Mich St

Wisconsin

Bama
At Iowa
At USC
Oregon
Penn St
Wow usc has brutal schedule. Could be a cellar dweller

Michigan plays Texas as an opener. What are they thinking. This is not Michigan like at all. OSU plays Oregon and the same old same old.
I think the Big should do what the ACC does by throwing out the division records and go by the highest win percentage in both divisions

Reactions: NDblitz
Some crazy schedules

Ohio-
At Oregon
Michigan
At Penn St
At Mich St

SC-
LSU
ND
At Maryland
At Michigan
At UCLA
At UW
Penn St
At Minnesota
Wisconsin

Penn St
At WV
Maryland
Ohio
UCLA
UW
At USC
At Wisc

UCLA
At LSU
At Penn St
Iowa
Oregon
USC
At UW

Michigan

Texas
At Ohio
At UW
USC
Oregon
Mich St

Wisconsin

Bama
At Iowa
At USC
Oregon
Penn St
Pedo doesn’t play OSU or Mich? What?

Michigan plays Texas as an opener. What are they thinking. This is not Michigan like at all. OSU plays Oregon and the same old same old.
I think the Big should do what the ACC does by throwing out the division records and go by the highest win percentage in both divisions
They are. No more divisions.

Ohio State had Washington on the schedule for next year, but once the B1G expanded and added them to the B1G they had to drop them and it was to late to pick up another good program. Ohio State fans are really pissed at next years schedule as well. Ohio State has historically always played a big OOC team, we have UGA, Alabama, Texas, etc schedule in the future. But conference realignment screwed us next year. But I know the haters will be all out on some big conspiracy or what ever..

• Haha
Reactions: NDblitz
Ohio State had Washington on the schedule for next year, but once the B1G expanded and added them to the B1G they had to drop them and it was to late to pick up another good program. Ohio State fans are really pissed at next years schedule as well. Ohio State has historically always played a big OOC team, we have UGA, Alabama, Texas, etc schedule in the future. But conference realignment screwed us next year. But I know the haters will be all out on some big conspiracy or what ever..
They had a game on the schedule that became a conference game and they didn't leave it be? Someone is generating work for himself.

It's going to be interesting to see how the The B10/SEC conference expansions impact ND's odds of getting in, even with playoffs going to 12.

Right now it tends to be that if you lose 2 games, (any team, not just ND) you're out. Now, that basically moves to 3. But there are likely going to be many more times where you have a tangibly higher # of 2 loss teams than you have now of 1 loss teams. Inevitably there are going to be times where ND loses 2 games, that won't be enough. Teams that go into their conference championship game with 1 loss and lose that game relatively close are PROBABLY still getting in.

The initial thought probably tends to be that ND has a higher chance of making the playoff every year now, but I'm not sure it's any more true with 12 then it's been with 4. There are probably going to be a # of years where that 2nd loss still ends up eliminating them.

It's going to be interesting to see how the The B10/SEC conference expansions impact ND's odds of getting in, even with playoffs going to 12.

Right now it tends to be that if you lose 2 games, (any team, not just ND) you're out. Now, that basically moves to 3. But there are likely going to be many more times where you have a tangibly higher # of 2 loss teams than you have now of 1 loss teams. Inevitably there are going to be times where ND loses 2 games, that won't be enough. Teams that go into their conference championship game with 1 loss and lose that game relatively close are PROBABLY still getting in.

The initial thought probably tends to be that ND has a higher chance of making the playoff every year now, but I'm not sure it's any more true with 12 then it's been with 4. There are probably going to be a # of years where that 2nd loss still ends up eliminating them.
I dont agree with this.

Our schedules are strong enough that 2 losses will get us in pretty much every single year.

If we had poor schedules, Id agree with you

10 and 2 with a good solid schedule and we'll be in

I dont agree with this.

Our schedules are strong enough that 2 losses will get us in pretty much every single year.

If we had poor schedules, Id agree with you

10 and 2 with a good solid schedule and we'll be in
I’d add the caveat that ND has to beat at least one of the two best teams they play.

For instance if the 12 team playoff was this year, I absolutely think the current team if they finished 10-2 would be in.

However, if you look at next years schedule I’d say ND plays three maybe four preseason top 25 teams in A&M, UL, FSU, USC. If USC and FSU are the two highest ranked teams and ND loses both I think they’d struggle to get an invite. In fact I have zero confidence A&M will be any better than they have been and while I like Brohm, I’m not sold on UL at this point either.

I’d bet anything that the B1G and the SEC will get minimum of 6 of the 12. Next year the B1G will have USC, UCLA, UW, Oregon, PSU, UM, OSU. Even though they will canibalize each other, I can see three loss teams from the conference get in. The SEC will get two for sure probably three.

I don’t see the ACC and B12 getting more then two apiece but that leaves an at large, and one G5 automatic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT