ADVERTISEMENT

Pray for Bills DB Damar Hamlin

Dec 29, 2005
I’ve never seen in my 30-35 years of watching and playing football a player given CPR on the field.

I’m a huge Bills fan, and right now don’t care a bit if they forfeit and take an L, something’s are just bigger then a game.

I’ve never seen in my 30-35 years of watching and playing football a player given CPR on the field.

I’m a huge Bills fan, and right now don’t care a bit if they forfeit and take an L, something’s are just bigger then a game.
He took a severe but clean hit to his chest and I fear that it resulted in cardiac arrest. I hope and pray that they got the paddles to him in time, but I have my doubts. All you can do is pray for the young man and his family.

Auto-defibrillators should be on both sidelines at all athletic events and in all dormitory and building floors so that tragedies can be avoided

Bengals fan here, and I don't want a forfeit. Let those guys go back to the hotel and get some sleep. Football can wait.

I remember Hank Gathers collapsing on the basketball court. That was scary as hell. This is the same thing. I pray for him and his family. Very grateful this happened on a football field where he can get some help instead of being by himself.

I remember Hank Gathers collapsing on the basketball court. That was scary as hell. This is the same thing. I pray for him and his family. Very grateful this happened on a football field where he can get some help instead of being by himself.
It appeared to be the impact of the helmet to his chest that caused what appeared to be cardiac arrest, it was a trauma, not a naturally occurring event. Let’s hope that he recovers as soon as possible.

When I here he was given CPR I thought it maybe a heart condition. Gathers was given, if I remember right CPR on the basketball court. I just hope and pray he’ll be okay.

I think Zac Taylor stood with Sean McDermott and said, "We're not playing in 5 minutes." , as the league had dictated. At least that's what Scott Van Pelt said it looked like.
Shame on the league for even trying to restart the game. Guys are crying and visibly terrified of what they are watching and the league thinks they can get a five minute warmup in and restart. Taylor and McDermott were the driving force behind the suspension of that game. Goodell is a garbage commissioner, as are most of the ones in pro sports these days.

I hope Tee Higgins is doing ok and not putting blame on himself. He did absolutely NOTHING wrong, but super tough situation to be in for him as well.

Reactions: HRC08
Shame on the league for even trying to restart the game. Guys are crying and visibly terrified of what they are watching and the league thinks they can get a five minute warmup in and restart. Taylor and McDermott were the driving force behind the suspension of that game. Goodell is a garbage commissioner, as are most of the ones in pro sports these days.
You’re information and conclusions are incorrect !

Reactions: NDinNJ
Still in critical condition. I know we all wish him and his family good graces. It looks like he will pull through. Let’s hope the NFL does something about this.

Still in critical condition. I know we all wish him and his family good graces. It looks like he will pull through. Let’s hope the NFL does something about this.
wrong 3 letters: FDA

There’s nothing that the NFL can do about an incident of this nature.

Some would consider it a freak accident due to the location, force and timing of the impact in conjunction with the rythym cycle of the heart beat upon impact.

In one of the “Alien” movies the soldiers have all of their vitals monitored, remotely. One day that technology will probably be available to athletes and ordinary citizens, but until it is there is very little that can be done to prevent a freak accident of this nature.

wrong 3 letters: FDA
There’s nothing that the FDA can due to prevent an incident like this from occurring, it was a freak accident ……….. unless Hamlin had a pre-existing condition.

There’s nothing that the FDA can due to prevent an incident like this from occurring, it was a freak accident ……….. unless Hamlin had a pre-existing condition.
you stay with that line of thought. good for you.

If it is blunt force cardiac arrest, the person must receive a forceful impact during a two-millisecond window during the t phase of the heard cycle. That is pretty rate. At least that is how a doctor explained it to me. Not sure what the NFL can do about that.

How about upgrade the pads players are wearing. It may weigh a little more, but extra padding never hurt to soften the blow.

w/o inflamed discussion, and it is my last comment on the matter, athletes are dropping world wide at a rate of over 1000 times greater than previously.

If it is blunt force cardiac arrest, the person must receive a forceful impact during a two-millisecond window during the t phase of the heard cycle. That is pretty rate. At least that is how a doctor explained it to me. Not sure what the NFL can do about that.
Thanks for the more detailed explanation.

I tried to explain it in general terms, hoping that even a moron could understand, but alas, I overestimated the readership ! 😜

I‘m beyond puzzled as to how the FDA could do something to ameliorate blunt force trauma in a high contact sport. Perhaps D1042 could explain what he meant by suggesting that the FDA get involved.

As to thicker pads they’re not going to lessen the impact force when a 300 pound lineman, running at full speed hits another player in the chest with their helmet.

You just have to hope that this type of incident doesn’t happen again and that if it does, that medical treatment is available and begins ASAP.

Thanks again for the specifics.

you just are too lazy or asleep to do the research. And remember this exchange. plz.
Would you explain why you think that it’s the FDA NOT the NFL that needs to address this issue.

Would you explain why you think that it’s the FDA NOT the NFL that needs to address this issue.
Honestly I could see congress wasting months tax payer time and money having hearings on this.

We’re waiting for your explanation as to why the FDA rather than the NFL needs to address this issue.

Why did you disappear ?
He probably doesn't even know what the FDA stands for. 😂

I take it from his other post that he‘s blaming this on COVID vaccinations.
Is it because of the vaccine???? But it is happening!!! WORLD CLASS ATHLETES!!! There are people groups on this planet that do not value life!... I wouldn't put anything past them!

Is it because of the vaccine???? But it is happening!!! WORLD CLASS ATHLETES!!! There are people groups on this planet that do not value life!... I wouldn't put anything past them!
Tbone: kudos to you. Others? amazing naivety of the general U.S. public; groomed on a steady diet of lies; they ‘believed the lie’. 4 most feared words: ‘God gave them over’. I wonder if they even know what that means!

I take it from his other post that he‘s blaming this on COVID vaccinations.
It is statistically correct in that there has been a significant increase in cardiac issues with young athletes not otherwise prone to cardiac events and the common thread would appear to be that they received the Covid vaccine.

In Hamlin’s case it appears that a sudden blunt force trauma triggered the cardiac event.

It would appear that the current concern relates to recovering brain function

Reactions: jerbach
if you see a bridge standing and appearing structurally sound, the bridge is then fine; but then a car begins to cross the bridge, and the bridge suddenly collapses, did the car cause the otherwise ‘sound’ bridge to collapse? The problem preceeded the event, but it needed a catalys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT