ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Please someone explain the dichotomy with these comments

Scalia has stated that the "right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

Heller was decided in 2008, so I'm not sure how it could have been revised a year earlier.

I think I'll take Scalia's interpretation over yours.
Hum i just purchased a Colt LE 901.
The sole purpose is the keep the goverment in check wouldn't you agree?

I think the government isn't worried about you owning a gun. If the president wanted the military to invade your neighborhood, good luck with winning that one.
This is where you are confused.

This is a civilian volunteer military. Many from where I'm from.
The military will revolt if it were ordered(which im sure you know is illegal) to attack its own citizens
But if we were to have an AI military then you would hope there are more prople l iike me out there.
Though you didn't answer the question

Last edited:
Reactions: rgc7
I did answer the question. I think the government really isn't "held in check" by the fact that you own a gun.
So you don't believe the purpose of the second amendment was to defend itself against tyranny from the government?
And that not just me but tens of if not hundreds of millons of america keep them in check?
So i guess you believe its a hunting amendment?

If you can answer seriously how in the hell Mueller and his “team” can be taken seriously?

Did u watch that pig circus? I actually started to feel sorry for him. What a complete waste of time and money.

And now the 302s are out.

This is where you are confused.

This is a civilian volunteer military. Many from where I'm from.
The military will revolt if it were ordered(which im sure you know is illegal) to attack its own citizens
But if we were to have an AI military then you would hope there are more prople l iike me out there.
Though you didn't answer the question

Ha. I am happy you think the plot of Red Dawn ("WOLVERINES!!") is the likely outcome in a battle between the US military and the gun bearing members of South Bend, Indiana.

I would love to see that rebel civilian army in action. One hundred members strong, with one hundred self appointed generals! What you'd lack in experience you'd make up with MOXIE!!

red-dawn.png

Ha. I am happy you think the plot of Red Dawn ("WOLVERINES!!") is the likely outcome in a battle between the US military and the gun bearing members of South Bend, Indiana.

I would love to see that rebel civilian army in action. One hundred members strong, with one hundred self appointed generals! What you'd lack in experience you'd make up with MOXIE!!

red-dawn.png

Uh that was a Russian Cuban military
Btw i imagine the Redcoats thought it was funny at first too

So you don't believe the purpose of the second amendment was to defend itself against tyranny from the government?
And that not just me but tens of if not hundreds of millons of america keep them in check?
So i guess you believe its a hunting amendment?

I think it's quite possibly one of the most poorly constructed sentences that I've ever seen.

I doubt our government is kept "in check" because people own guns.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Uh that was a Russian Cuban military
Btw i imagine the Redcoats thought it was funny at first too

Right. You think today's $750 billion US military would be a weaker opponent? And lol comparing our military to the redcoats of of the 18th century.

I think it's quite possibly one of the most poorly constructed sentences that I've ever seen.

I doubt our government is kept "in check" because people own guns.
Then why did our forefathers impliment it as the 2nd amendment written and passed?
What is the purpose of the second amendment to you?
Right. You think today's $750 billion US military would be a weaker opponent? And lol comparing our military to the redcoats of of the 18th century.

Geez not a history buff i take it.
At the time the British were the super power
Now to today.
This is a volunteer military. Do you think for one minute it would support government that has put the constitution aside and gone rouge and become an oppressive government?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT