ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND v. Navy Game Thread

You’re right Rockne, you’re more intelligent than anyone on the board. News flash… you’re in the minority when it comes to accepting the poor play of the team/individual players. You should probably just start your own game thread so you can respond to your own posts. You could even like your own comments. It would be a great time for you. Nothing but rainbows and unicorns on your thread. People are allowed to point out when a player is playing like garbage. They should be able to point out weaknesses. All most of us were saying is the truth. Play calls sucked, Pyne held the ball too long on a couple sacks, Pyne is a weakness at QB, Pyne never gets out of a bad play. Cant he Change a route/ call an audible? The fact that you trash anyone that posts something you don’t agree with or can’t see with your rose colored spectacles (that’s what they called them in your day, right?) is a joke.
I have 4 TVs out in my bar area. I have one TV specifically for FCS teams. I watch 3-4 FCS games a week. That is Pynes level. ND is probably going to go 8-4 maybe 9-3 mostly in spite of Pyne. And to some extent Rees.

Reactions: GDFan and NDinNJ
Notre Dame’s second half drive chart:

3 plays, -6 yards
3 plays, 4 yards
6 plays, -1 yard
3 plays, 8 yards
3 plays, 1 yard
2 plays, -4 yards

Against NAVY!!

Notre Dame’s second half drive chart:

3 plays, -6 yards
3 plays, 4 yards
6 plays, -1 yard
3 plays, 8 yards
3 plays, 1 yard
2 plays, -4 yards

Against NAVY!!
Exactly, and the ND defense has enormous pressure on it after all of those 3 and outs. No defense could survive not giving up points when their offense is dead.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
I have 4 TVs out in my bar area. I have one TV specifically for FCS teams. I watch 3-4 FCS games a week. That is Pynes level. ND is probably going to go 8-4 maybe 9-3 mostly in spite of Pyne. And to some extent Rees.
Agreed. Might be a great kid but he doesn’t have the tools.

Agree the Offense is a liability to the defense. Defense can't be put in positions where their backs are against the wall.
The offense put up 35 points in the first half.
The offense put up 28 points in the first half against Oklahoma State

The second half against O,lahoma State and Navy are beyond puzzling

That was the worst half of offensive football I have ever seen. Ever. That was pathetic. Embarrassing!!! Yeah they won and I’ll take it. But that was pathetic. Delaware held them to 7. I’ve been watching for 50 years. It looked like ND was playing the 1977 Sooners. Just an embarrassing second half by the offense. Even when they win it’s not enjoyable. SMH 🤦‍♂️
Very peculiar second half. We are all used to Navy's offense giving our defense fits, but I can't ever remember a time when their defense gave our offense fits.

Some odd calls, some really poor execution on the part of the offensive line and Pyne, who really is a third-string quarterback in a starter's role, and some odd personnel selections.

The offense put up 35 points in the first half.
The offense put up 28 points in the first half against Oklahoma State

The second half against O,lahoma State and Navy are beyond puzzling
The offense went
3 and out -6 yards
3 plays INT at ND 23 yard line
6 and out -1 yard
3 and out 8 yards
3 and out 1 yard

in the 2nd half. I excluded the kneel downs at the end of the game.

Rees got cute with the offense. He didn't commit to the run like he did last week. 24 carries today vs 40+ the week before. Rees is too stubborn for his own good.

No defense can hold if the offense puts up 3 and outs the entire half.

Very peculiar second half. We are all used to Navy's offense giving our defense fits, but I can't ever remember a time when their defense gave our offense fits.

Some odd calls, some really poor execution on the part of the offensive line and Pyne, who really is a third-string quarterback in a starter's role, and some odd personnel selections.
The play selection from Rees was brutal. Navy was coming every down with blitzes. Not once did Rees dial up a screen, or how bout go wide. Misdirection, something different. I have watch countless ND games. Without a doubt, I have never ever seen an offense that horrible against a team you should clearly dominate.

The play selection from Rees was brutal. Navy was coming every down with blitzes. Not once did Rees dial up a screen, or how bout go wide. Misdirection, something different. I have watch countless ND games. Without a doubt, I have never ever seen an offense that horrible against a team you should clearly dominate.
He’ll figure it out in a couple of years!

I don't know that there was even time to set up a screen on many of those plays. It was like Navy had an extra two players to rush the edge. But as I said earlier, there was a lot of stink out there offensively.

Reactions: tkirish and NDinNJ

Pyne was 17 of 21, that’s an 81 % CP, He had a YPA of 12.8 and 4 TD’s.

Absent one run ND ran 33 times for 38 Yards, that’s 1.15 yards per rush, and you want to blame Rees for that horrible failure to execute.

This was a total failure by the players

Pyne was 17 of 21, that’s an 81 % CP, He had a YPA of 12.8 and 4 TD’s.

Absent one run ND ran 33 times for 38 Yards, that’s 1.15 yards per rush, and you want to blame Rees for that horrible failure to execute.

This was a total failure by the players
They did not run 33 times they ran less than 30 times. Pyne scrambling and getting sacked or running for yardage should not be counted as a run play even though that's what the stat line does. They ran half as much this week than they did vs Clemson.

They ran 16 times in the 1st half and just 9 times in the 2nd half.

They did not run 33 times they ran less than 30 times. Pyne scrambling and getting sacked or running for yardage should not be counted as a run play even though that's what the stat line does. They ran half as much this week than they did vs Clemson.

They ran 16 times in the 1st half and just 9 times in the 2nd half.
The stats are the facts, sacks are indicative of the failure of the OLine to protect the QB.

Defenders were UNBLOCKED when they sacked Pyne.

The OLine played horribly.

Pyne was 17 of 21 for 269 yards and 4 TD’s

put the blame where it belongs

The stats are the facts, sacks are indicative of the failure of the OLine to protect the QB.

You’re an idiot. The OL can not block when they rush 9. It’s not the oline fault Pyne holds the ball or Rees calls crappy plays.

But the sacks were not called running plays, they were passing plays.

You’re an idiot. The OL can not block when they rush 9. It’s not the oline fault Pyne holds the ball or Rees calls crappy plays.
Excluding the idiot part, you are correct. Pyne could have simply thrown it in the direction of a WR and there was a good chance it would have been a completion.

Reactions: GDFan
You’re the idiot, look at the replay, the sacks were predominantly from Pyne’s blind side and they occurred in less than 2 seconds.

Have somebody who knows and understands football explain that to you.

You’re just another moron who buys into everything that the announcers say, without thinking for themselves

Excluding the idiot part, you are correct. Pyne could have simply thrown it in the direction of a WR and there was a good chance it would have been a completion.
You can defend your friend all you want. When he talks football, he sounds like an idiot

Nonsense, when you don’t see a defender rushing from the blind side you try to throw the pass to your intended primary receiver, and when you have less than 2 seconds you continue to try to execute that pass.

Stop listening to the announcers snd start thinking for yourself

You’re the idiot, look at the replay, the sacks were predominantly from Pyne’s blind side and they occurred in less than 2 seconds.

Have somebody who knows and understands football explain that to you.

You’re just another moron who buys into everything that the announcers say, without thinking for themselves
Because he can’t read a defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT