ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND v. Clemson ACC Conference Championship Game Thread

We all knew Book‚s strengths and limitations, that is why we were hoping that Phil would have had more opportunities to
compete here at ND. I know that he did not look too good against us when we played BC, but it was his first real season,
and Had no where the talent that we had.
Didvany of our Back up Q B,s underKelly ever get any meaningful time actually playing a full qt, with the first team
actually using the whole playbook ? Never ! They simply get garbage time , handing off the ball !

I was dreading the thought early in the game that Book would get hurt. We wouldn't have had a first down the rest of the game if that was the case.

Nd chocked as coaches in game plan and book.... book started to panic once we got behind... part of blame is Rees play calling... book is just an average qb that played elite for 2-3 games

We had one play that worked, the out pattern ot the TE for 8 yards.

I don't know how great the coverage was downfield of course. The qb view shots showed that it was good coverage but not so great that it justified Books darting to the sideline.

Worst game I’ve seen from ND in the Kelly era.

When did you start watching?

Venables played pretty much a second string defense more than half of the first game. The only reason Book didn't have to bail the first game was because Williams picked up blitz after blitz after blitz. Credit Venables for making him uncomfortable early and often.

Book was 20 for 28 for a 71.4 % CP for 219 yds, no INT’s.

Maybe the OLine was the problem !

44 yards rushing ?

And maybe the D was also the problem.

Clemson had 541 yards of offense, 219 rushing, 322 passing.

HOW IS THAT BOOK’S FAULT ?

Book was 20 for 28 for a 71.4 % CP for 219 yds, no INT’s.

Maybe the OLine was the problem !

44 yards rushing ?

And maybe the D was also the problem.

Clemson had 541 yards of offense, 219 rushing, 322 passing.

HOW IS THAT BOOK’S FAULT ?
Wow, only 8 incompletions and no interceptions. He must be Joe Montana.

Answer the Question, did Book allow Clemson to have 541 yards in offense ?

Was Book responsible for ND only gaining 44 yards rushing ?
Yes and no, he dind't play D, but his awful play helped clemson get big lead and allowed clemson to pin their ears back 2nd half. Same as 2018, common theme, look like we belong first quarter but book plays awful, we get behind, clemson pins ears back and dominates. Hit open mayer for td exactly as play was designed and go up 10-0. completely different game.

Reactions: G_a_r_y
Answer the Question, did Book allow Clemson to have 541 yards in offense ?

Was Book responsible for ND only gaining 44 yards rushing ?
Vs the elite teams you are going to have to score 30+ points to win. Look at Bama vs Florida, look at ND’s first game vs Clemson. The offense laid an egg, Clemson D took away Books running ability and forced him to make throws.
Book has big receivers and unlike the first game he didn’t throw a single pass downfield to give the big receivers a chance to grab the ball.

Vs the elite teams you are going to have to score 30+ points to win. Look at Bama vs Florida, look at ND’s first game vs Clemson. The offense laid an egg, Clemson D took away Books running ability and forced him to make throws.
Book has big receivers and unlike the first game he didn’t throw a single pass downfield to give the big receivers a chance to grab the ball.

That’s an absolute lie.
Look at the video

The receivers are mediocre and couldn’t get open

You didnt answer the question, was Book responsible for Clemson gaining 541 yards.

Was Book responsible for the running game getting only 44 yards

Was Book responsible for the receivers not getting open ?

Yes and no, he dind't play D, but his awful play helped clemson get big lead and allowed clemson to pin their ears back 2nd half. Same as 2018, common theme, look like we belong first quarter but book plays awful, we get behind, clemson pins ears back and dominates. Hit open mayer for td exactly as play was designed and go up 10-0. completely different game.

“Awful play”. He was 20 for 28 for 219 yards and no INT’s or turnovers.

So you want him to complete every pass, even when his receivers aren’t open.

The game was lost in the OLINE and DLINE play

Davis dropping that pass was a killer

You know nothing about football !

That’s an absolute lie.
Look at the video

The receivers are mediocre and couldn’t get open

You didnt answer the question, was Book responsible for Clemson gaining 541 yards.

Was Book responsible for the running game getting only 44 yards

Was Book responsible for the receivers not getting open ?
He wasn’t responsible for Clemson getting 473 yards on November 7

considering he had 67 yards the first game on 14 carries, for 4.8 ypc, yes he’s partly responsible. I blame the staff more than the players. Clemson coaching staff schooled Kelly and co. And if you can’t see that you are blind .

considering he had 67 yards the first game on 14 carries, for 4.8 ypc, yes he’s partly responsible. I blame the staff more than the players. Clemson coaching staff schooled Kelly and co. And if you can’t see that you are blind .

So that’s your answer, Book didn’t run the ball for 67 yards.

How about Lea losing focus, how about Lea being less concerned about ND and more concerned for his future at Vandy. ? You don’t think that was a factor ?

How about BK not being a wartime consigliere ?

What adjustments did ND make at halftime, offensively and defensively

The Eagles in 2012 ..... Deja Vue, all over again !

How about Lea losing focus, how about Lea being less concerned about ND and more concerned for his future at Vandy. ? You don’t think that was a factor ?

If you would take your BK blinders off for one minute you would realize that he gets schooled in big games 99% of the time.

So you want to compare the yardage on November 7 where they played a double overtime game to the yardage gained in a regulation game ? ? ?

Let someone explain the difference to you.

ND couldn’t run the ball, plain and simple

If you would take your BK blinders off for one minute you would realize that he gets schooled in big games 99% of the time.

Don‘t try to change the subject, you were blaming Book.

This loss wasn’t on Book

Don‘t try to change the subject, you were blaming Book.

This loss wasn’t on Book
I’m not blaming Book. Book is who he is. He’s not a great QB as some have proclaimed. Put a big, strong armed QB on ND last night, and the game is much closer. However, most of it falls on BK and the coaching staff.

So you want to compare the yardage on November 7 where they played a double overtime game to the yardage gained in a regulation game ? ? ?

Let someone explain the difference to you.

ND couldn’t run the ball, plain and simple
What’s your point? BK has taken the program as far as he can. He gave me a glimmer of hope on November 7th, only to get disappointed yet again watching a blowout loss. November 7th is looking more like a fluke than a legit win. No progress with the program. 2017 Miami, 2018 Clemson, 2019 Michigan, 2020 Clemson.

Honestly I want ND to make the playoffs. I want to give BK a chance to redeem himself and price me wrong.

I’m not blaming Book. Book is who he is. He’s not a great QB as some have proclaimed. Put a big, strong armed QB on ND last night, and the game is much closer. However, most of it falls on BK and the coaching staff.

We disagree and 541 yards in Clemson Offense and 44 yards running indicates that Book was NOT the critical factor in the loss.

Where we agree is that I’ve said for years that BK isn’t a wartime consigliere!

Reactions: NDinNJ

I'd like to think that but the 1st qtr scoreboard does not affect the ability to block. The Oline got pushed back all night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT