WR Thomas
TE Steas
LT Baker
LG Coogan
C Craig
RG Schrauth
RT Wagner

Defense

Everybody but Morrison might be prepping for the NFL combine.

Players sitting out the bowl game for sure Hartman, Estime and Alt. I’d expect Tyree snd Fisher to sit out.
Like I said everybody except Morrison is eligible to go to the NFL (except the best player) kind of ironic. I know they won’t all sit out but I’d expect at least 3 to.

Offense

QB Angeli
RB Payne
WR Flores
WR Fason
WR Thomas
TE Steas
LT Baker
LG Coogan
C Craig
RG Schrauth
RT Wagner

Defense

Everybody but Morrison might be prepping for the NFL combine.

Players sitting out the bowl game for sure Hartman, Estime and Alt. I’d expect Tyree snd Fisher to sit out.
Like I said everybody except Morrison is eligible to go to the NFL (except the best player) kind of ironic. I know they won’t all sit out but I’d expect at least 3 to.
The only guy on defense that might sit is Hart. Don't agree with the 3. None are high picks

Reactions: Kelso86
I don’t know why ND doesn’t break new ground here now that NIL and some other things allow players to basically be professionals. Get their “most likely” draft pick from the pro’s and insure them for that if they get hurt. Its would not cost much to provide “draft” insurance. Figure it out ND.

I don’t know why ND doesn’t break new ground here now that NIL and some other things allow players to basically be professionals. Get their “most likely” draft pick from the pro’s and insure them for that if they get hurt. Its would not cost much to provide “draft” insurance. Figure it out ND.
Donate the money for Joe Alt to be insured. Since "...it would not cost much..." to provide draft insurance, and NIL allows outside donors to provide money, send in a check or Venmo the money yourself to Notre Dame on behalf of Joe Alt.

Here's the issue with that. And it may go beyond "figuring out," GIVEN MARKET REALITIES:

"Availability and Risks of Loss-of-Value Coverage
While the earning potential for college athletes has never been greater, availability of LOV coverage has waned in recent years. While more than 45 college football players in the 2018 NFL draft class were insured for LOV coverage, only about half-a-dozen prospects secured such coverage before the 2021 NFL draft. LOV coverage also has become significantly more expensive in recent years, now easily topping $100,000 in annual premiums for top football prospects.
"This price tag becomes more worrisome when considering that LOV insurance, like all other types of insurance, comes with the risk that an insurer might decline coverage when an injury actually occurs.
LOV insurance comes with limitations and exclusions, including those for pre-existing injuries, illnesses, and other performance-related realities, such as drug and alcohol use, criminal acts, off-field issues and injuries, as well as poor performance during the season or at pre-draft events. Such provisions allow insurers to argue that an athlete is not entitled to coverage because the athlete’s “loss of value” was the result of some other, excluded cause rather than a covered injury.

"Notably, the NCAA does not provide LOV coverage to its college athletes because of such concerns, stating:

The NCAA does not offer LOV insurance at this time because the coverage has not been shown to consistently benefit student-athletes who file a claim. Because of the complexity of LOV policy wording and the subjective nature of underwriting and accurately projecting draft positions, LOV claims are often times litigated and the market is consistently changing.
"Additionally, the NCAA has recommended that only college athletes “among the top 10 picks in their respective draft” should consider purchasing LOV insurance, because athletes outside that range may have challenges proving the cause of their loss in earnings if they file a claim."

Not ALL RISKS are so easily INSURABLE. High premiums, coverage exclusions, denial of coverage and LITIGATION are often factors that make this kind of insurance IMPRACTICAL.

TECHNICALLY, you can insure the worst $1 million risk in the world, but it will cost you $1 million in premium. In other words, FULL COLLATERAL.

At that point, you're SELF-INSURING.

Here's the issue with that. And it may go beyond "figuring out," GIVEN MARKET REALITIES:

"Availability and Risks of Loss-of-Value Coverage
While the earning potential for college athletes has never been greater, availability of LOV coverage has waned in recent years. While more than 45 college football players in the 2018 NFL draft class were insured for LOV coverage, only about half-a-dozen prospects secured such coverage before the 2021 NFL draft. LOV coverage also has become significantly more expensive in recent years, now easily topping $100,000 in annual premiums for top football prospects.
"This price tag becomes more worrisome when considering that LOV insurance, like all other types of insurance, comes with the risk that an insurer might decline coverage when an injury actually occurs.
LOV insurance comes with limitations and exclusions, including those for pre-existing injuries, illnesses, and other performance-related realities, such as drug and alcohol use, criminal acts, off-field issues and injuries, as well as poor performance during the season or at pre-draft events. Such provisions allow insurers to argue that an athlete is not entitled to coverage because the athlete’s “loss of value” was the result of some other, excluded cause rather than a covered injury.

"Notably, the NCAA does not provide LOV coverage to its college athletes because of such concerns, stating:

"Additionally, the NCAA has recommended that only college athletes “among the top 10 picks in their respective draft” should consider purchasing LOV insurance, because athletes outside that range may have challenges proving the cause of their loss in earnings if they file a claim."

Not ALL RISKS are so easily INSURABLE. High premiums, coverage exclusions, denial of coverage and LITIGATION are often factors that make this kind of insurance IMPRACTICAL.

TECHNICALLY, you can insure the worst $1 million risk in the world, but it will cost you $1 million in premium. In other words, FULL COLLATERAL.

At that point, you're SELF-INSURING.
Nausea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT