ADVERTISEMENT

Next 2021 Commit?

Then why the huge gap between Clemson’s success and ND’s? It either has to be coaching or top end talent.
Yeah lets exlude the players performance...sometimes you can have talent and coaching and struggle on the big stage. Buffalo Bills lost 4 super bowls.

Yeah lets exlude the players performance...sometimes you can have talent and coaching and struggle on the big stage. Buffalo Bills lost 4 super bowls.
Being the second-best team in the country four straight years is struggling?

FYI, it looks like this kid could be our next commit:

He's a 6'4", 230lb SDE out of Texas with offers from Bama, LSU, OU among others. OU seems to be our main competition but he's fresh off his junior day visit this past weekend where he apparently had a great time. Elston retweeted the tweet above and the two most recent crystal balls have come our way.

Last edited:

He's a 6'4", 230lb SDE out of Texas with offers from Bama, LSU, OU among others. OU seems to be our main competition but he's fresh off his junior day visit this past weekend where he apparently had a great time. Elston retweeted the tweet above and the two most recent crystal balls have come our way.
The 2021 class is going to be special

Reactions: Bumpdaddy

the kid is only a 4 star on one site from what I've seen but he is blowing up right now with big time offers

Our admission standards, school social climate and academic rigor suggest to me that we are not going to compete easily with the schools in the top 5. We seem to be aggressively implementing a 5 year eligibility program to get the players we need instead of bringing in ringers and discard those who don't blow up.

I think we are routinely in the top 10 in ratings per commit. A 5 year program model will lead to a number of years when you take 20 or less. The top 10 programs we compete with often take 4 or 5 more. We are not going to grade as high as them. I like the 2 year metric to judge our class in quality and scope. Also, I found it really interesting that the Athletic did a hindsight re-ranking of the 2016 class and we were no. 4.

Nice!

Me likey. Take as many big defensive ends as you can. Over sign that position for all I care

Update: it looks like the brakes have been pumped on this. The latest word is Abiara will not be announcing today. We apparently still lead but his recruitment continues to blow up nationally so he's delaying the process. It's good that he's delaying rather than announce and then have second thoughts later.

would be a great pickup. Everyone has offered him that matters.

MARCH 20-22 visits...

Any predictions? Add two of these guys to Blake and this could be ND's greatest OL haul of all time! With all kinds of talent in the skills (and Shipley hopefully signs on.) I wonder if Mickens adds to the list before the 20th.

Five-star RB Will Shipley (2021 - offer)
Four-star QB Tyler Buchner (2021 - commit)
Five-star OL Nolan Rucci (2021 - offer)
Five-star OL Landon Tengwall (2021 - offer)
Four-star OL Blake Fisher (2021 - commit)
Four-star DT Gabriel Rubio (2021 - commit)
Four-star WR Lorenzo Styles Jr. (2021 - commit)
Four-star WR Deion Colzie (2021 - commit)
Four-star OL Rocco Spindler (2021 - offer)
Four-star OL Garrett Dellinger (2021 - offer)
Four-star OL Wyatt Milum (2021 - offer)
Four-star DE Aaron Armitage (2021 - offer)
Four-star TE Cane Berrong (2021 - commit)
Three-star DE Jason Onye (2021 - offer)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT