ADVERTISEMENT

ND - SC thread

I have followed game thread only about 4-5 games this year and each time was sure ND lost. Then my wife comes in and tells me we won i can watch the game now. I've been told I'm the most pessimistic ND fan in the world. But, the guys posting on the game threads make me look like an optimist.
If you haven't used the ignore button at all its completely intolerable.

Ohio State has no business in the playoffs. Purdue 49, tOSU 20 says it all!

Why? And to who?

Georgia played Austin Peay and UMass and has a loss. Oklahoma barely beat Army and 6-6 Oklahoma at home and has a loss. Ohio State got blown out by 6-6 Purdue, barely beat 5-7 Maryland and barely beat 4-8 Nebraska at home. Are you saying beating and inspired USC on the road is not better than that?
No. I'm saying the committee might shaft us.

Reactions: wicker
I thought Tony Jones was running out the clock on that one.....good thing he got the block downfield.

That's called a patient run. He first secured the ball so he got the first down and then he waited for Boykin's block to free him the rest of the way.

I think we will definitely enter the playoffs as a 4 seed. If Bama beats Georgia and Ohio st beats Northwestern they will rank Ohio st 3rd.

Ohio State got blown out by 6-6 Purdue, barely beat 5-7 Maryland and barely beat 4-8 Nebraska at home. Are you saying beating and inspired USC on the road is not better than that?

Ohio State got blown out by 6-6 Purdue, barely beat 5-7 Maryland and barely beat 4-8 Nebraska at home. Are you saying beating and inspired USC on the road is not better than that?
OSU obliterated The nations top defense.......unfortunately that was the only headline that mattered today.

OSU obliterated The nations top defense.......unfortunately that was the only headline that mattered today.

But that is not how the committee works. And Michigan's defense was playing beat up. Heck, IU's horrible offense moved all over them. Anyway you slice it, ND's body of work is more impressive than OSU's.

But that is not how the committee works. And Michigan's defense was playing beat up. Heck, IU's horrible offense moved all over them. Anyway you slice it, ND's body of work is more impressive than OSU's.
Overall...yes. Today....not so much. Committee might put more weight on the most recent data point.

Overall...yes. Today....not so much. Committee might put more weight on the most recent data point.

If they do... then that would be a crime. My most recent data is ND over a talented and inspired USC team. And a 36-3 ass-kicking over a 9-3 Syracuse team on basically the road. O$U, 52-51 OT win against a bad Maryland team. And an ass-kicking at home against a Meatchicken team that fall apart in the second half. Still ND > O$U. IMHO.

I’m not taking anything away from our season but I think the media will reward Ohio St for its big Michigan win and “big” win in a conference championship while we don’t play. They have a love affair with Urban Meyer.

I’m not taking anything away from our season but I think the media will reward Ohio St for its big Michigan win and “big” win in a conference championship while we don’t play. They have a love affair with Urban Meyer.

I don't disagree about the media, but the Committee is not the media.

This is the guy right here who is not an ND fan. Just shows up on the game thread each week and flames. You won’t find one positive comment.
I’ve said plenty of positive things about ND over the years while posting here. So I’m not sure if you are referring to me. I’ve never trashed the team or program. I think it’s reasonable to wonder if they media or committee will see the team differently than I do or value a conference championship win more than our schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT