ADVERTISEMENT

ND needs to start recruiting

Airzee23

Irish Expert
Jan 26, 2022
They have very little talent. Let’s be honest. The elite SEC would beat them by four TD’s.

ND does recruit.....have you not seen how great our 5 star Oline is?

Seriously ND needs to recruit but also develop the players that do come to ND.
WRs are a HUGE dissapointment.
Oline is horrible.
Dline, coaches need to hit the portal and find a diffence maker.
Great point at the end. I love NIL and the portal. If a big program cares about winning then they will win at some point. The question is does ND want to win or just get the cash from a huge fan base?

Reactions: cgaynor
I was on board now I’m not. He’s 8-4 Marcus. Albeit this years schedule way tougher. But after Marshall and Stanford and 10 on the field. I think he’s coaching for his job.

Reactions: scubastevefl
They have very little talent. Let’s be honest. The elite SEC would beat them by four TD’s.
That’s not true, Golson and BGI Stated that we’re “loaded with NFL talent at EVERY position” !

Freeman will be here for 5 years at least, not unless he takes another job. The admin won't pay a top coach to come to ND. Might have to find an up and comer, with EXPERIENCE, and who knows how/who to hire.

We will find out a lot about Freeman after this season. Does he make changes to his staff? If he does there is hope, if not then just fast forward to hockey and BBall.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
That’s not true, Golson and BGI Stated that we’re “loaded with NFL talent at EVERY position” !
IF so, then this is the Gerry Faust era #2 we're watching. I pray that the next "Lou Holtz" is the next HC hire.

Freeman will be here for 5 years at least, not unless he takes another job. The admin won't pay a top coach to come to ND. Might have to find an up and comer, with EXPERIENCE, and who knows how/who to hire.

We will find out a lot about Freeman after this season. Does he make changes to his staff? If he does there is hope, if not then just fast forward to hockey and BBall.
lol that says like the next iteration of bo pelini at nebraska .. more 8-4 indefinitely

At this point all I can say is that ND seems poorly coached. My positive interpretation of this season till today seems to have been significantly wrong. The odds were never in favor of a Freeman who had no prior coaching experience…guess it’s coming true.

So we’re back to the self fulfilling prophesy of structural impediments for NC success. I was hoping Freeman, NIL, and select impacting transfers like Hartman could narrow the gap. But Freeman and coaches like Parker seem to widen the gap.

Yeah, no top coach wants ND. I’ve long known that. To be sure, there is a long enough season to go. But such volatility is not a good statement about the Irish.

No NC aspirations. It might even be back to trying to be a top 20 team. It is what it is…but I’ll remain a fan. Content with memories of how it once was…hoping an ND administration that’s long abandoned football as a priority had a change of heart,

lol that says like the next iteration of bo pelini at nebraska .. more 8-4 indefinitely
You are dead WRONG !

Compensation isn’t the issue.

ND should have named an interim coach for 2022 and hired an experienced, successful coach for 2023 and beyond.

Remind me again, what’s one of the definitions for insanity ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT