Michigan State

NDblitz

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Dec 15, 2021
Any of these viable candidates?
Elko
Charles Huff
Jonathan Smith

To me any of those three are better than Meyer. They coach the style of football that suits MSU. Huff knows how to navigate the portal. And all three can do more with less. And they have yet to display any behavior deemed embarrassing personally or for the school. Meyers done it at three stops.

Reactions: Kelso86
Elko fits Sparty. Elite D mind with a ball control low turnover offense.

No way Elko leaves Duke for MSU. After what’s happened and the continuing lawsuit, MSU May be lucky to get pat fitzgerald to come to town.

Reactions: d1042
Elko, yup. Maybe Wazzu's coach, Dickert. Sparty offers more money than either of those jobs.
Elko was a legit D cord for ND & A&M. I hated the way he left ND after we matched A&M's 1st offer but gotta give respect where respect is due. He's on a lot of short list & Sparty should go all out to win that battle.

Why would Elko leave for msu. Would be a terrible move
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Not everything is about money. He is setup for success at Duke. He can wait to get a better job. If he goes to msu now he could fail and that$$$$$$$ money dries up long term

He'll have more $$$$$$$$$ long term with waiting for a better job to be successful at. Which means more$$$$$$$$ down the road

Not everything is about money. He is setup for success at Duke. He can wait to get a better job. If he goes to msu now he could fail and that$$$$$$$ money dries up long term

He'll have more $$$$$$$$$ long term with waiting for a better job to be successful at. Which means more$$$$$$$$ down the road
Elko has already shown that money matters to him immensely. His screw job of ND is exhibit #1.

Elko has already shown that money matters to him immensely. His screw job of ND is exhibit #1.
3.5 million a year at Duke is pocket change if you are a top 6 paid head coach like Dabo, Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Kirby Smart, Ryan Day, and Brian Kelly. Go get paid.

I don't know if you can really call it a screw job. It's like if you live in a hot real estate market and put your house on the market and the first offer comes in at your asking price and someone comes in before you have signed a contract and offers you $100,000 more.

It was unfortunate for ND but I can't say I blame Elko for taking the money.

Tx am is a good program that had a good HC. Going to msu right now is a step down. That place is a dumpster fire and a joke

Stay at Duke, keep winning, wait for a better job. Play the long game

Agreed

Tx am is a good program that had a good HC. Going to msu right now is a step down. That place is a dumpster fire and a joke

FWIW, Duke locked him into an extension this summer through 2029. I know that doesn't mean much in CFB these days. But he has built a very competitive squad in Durham in short order. They are going to be put to the test in Tallahassee on Saturday night.

I don't know if you can really call it a screw job. It's like if you live in a hot real estate market and put your house on the market and the first offer comes in at your asking price and someone comes in before you have signed a contract and offers you $100,000 more.

It was unfortunate for ND but I can't say I blame Elko for taking the money.
There might be a legal problem if you told the first offeror that you were done taking bids. That was at least the rumor that came out of ND's side.

Elko probably will wait for a better offer. I doubt he stays at Duke. The flip side to that is if Duke returns to being mediocre, then his stock is highest now. But so far he's done a great job. I don't like Meyer as a person but no doubt he is a great college coach.

Last edited:
3.5 million a year at Duke is pocket change if you are a top 6 paid head coach like Dabo, Nick Saban, Lincoln Riley, Kirby Smart, Ryan Day, and Brian Kelly. Go get paid.
You are all about money. And not your money but others money at that. Quite the obsession you have.

Reactions: futuredomer

Back to ND if freeman doesn’t work out ???

How many player felonies is Urban allowed?

How many assistants of his are allowed to knowingly beat the shit out of his wife?
Idk. All I know is his teams would be very good on the field if he is coaching.

How many player felonies is Urban allowed?

How many assistants of his are allowed to knowingly beat the shit out of his wife?
And you think it’s a coaches responsibility to intervene in domestic disputes ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT