ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan (Don Brown + Haraugh) v. Dual-Threat QB Offenses

To play Devil's advocate, this is a small sample size so it's a bit hard to conclude confidently that it indicates a trend.

Secondly, not only is the sample size small, but these are exceptional cases. We are not just talking about teams with dual-threat QBs. These are mostly ELITE teams with dual-threat QBs: meaning even if they had good pocket passers instead, you cannot necessarily suggest they could not have moved the ball just as well, based on their superior talent level.

Third, 4 ypc isn't exactly gashing a defense. If it is, then I don't think there is a word for what teams did to BVG's defense late in 2014, other than maybe "rape".

And then lastly, as pointed out in the thread (and something I stated all last year), Wimbush isn't even really a dual-threat QB. He's a scrambler at this point. In order for QBs to run wild on an elite defense, there needs to be an actual threat that is respected through the air. I don't think Michigan will worry about Wimbush's arm, they will play containment defense and keep him in the pocket.

Of course I would love for your prediction to be true.

Michigan 0-17 on the road against ranked teams since 2006. Harbaugh now 1-6 in rivalry games at Michigan. That's got to sting.
sure, it sucks. but i still see them having a good year. props to ND for coming out of the gates firing. offense has things to improve on thats for sure. i think 10 wins is still possible

Reactions: SIhoosier26
sure, it sucks. but i still see them having a good year. props to ND for coming out of the gates firing. offense has things to improve on thats for sure. i think 10 wins is still possible
Good game, good luck the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT