ADVERTISEMENT

Marist Liufau !

Good for him. A guy that’s a hard nosed player with good instincts is a plus for me any day. He’s a good fit for the Cowboys. Very underrated pick
I dont think he has good instincts. I think thats his biggest issue. Hard nosed, athletic, pkays best coming forward. Doesnt read and react so well

Love it, great dude. Didn’t look at any mocks but definitely a shocker. Has the athleticism and qualities to be a unique player but they probably could have waited 3 rounds for this one.

Opposite end of the spectrum. I think he reads plays very well and attacks. Last year, he played phenomenally. Injuries are a concern to me only.
He's started 25 games the last 2 years as a linebacker. He only has 95 total tackles. That's less than 4 a game as a linebacker

And it's not due to lack of athleticism. It's his instincts. He doesn't diagnose things well. He's good attacking downhill but struggles elsewhere

Hes played 25 games in a row with no injuries. Thats not a concern for me

Opposite end of the spectrum. I think he reads plays very well and attacks. Last year, he played phenomenally. Injuries are a concern to me only.
I agree that he reads plays well. Much better than people think. The times where he didn’t appear to be reading well were mostly because of the particular playcall that ND had.

There were times where he appeared to be blitzing but I think he was making the read so fast that it just looked like he was blitzing rather than reading.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
He's started 25 games the last 2 years as a linebacker. He only has 95 total tackles. That's less than 4 a game as a linebacker

And it's not due to lack of athleticism. It's his instincts. He doesn't diagnose things well. He's good attacking downhill but struggles elsewhere

Hes played 25 games in a row with no injuries. Thats not a concern for me
I think tackles are overrated. They’re mostly a function of the offensive playcall vs the defensive playcall.

Reactions: notredame79
No comment as your analysis IMO is very misleading based on his style of play and that he’s used heavily as a blitzing/spy LBer in a lot of situations. He was out almost a full year due to injury as well. So the injury concerns are real. You’re not being fully honest
Yeah 3 years ago. He's played 25 straight games. He had 1 injury.

I think tackles are overrated. They’re mostly a function of the offensive playcall vs the defensive playcall.
Come on lol. You can say that over a game or over a few games. But over 25 straight games Lol. Let's be real here. Tackles werent overrated for Manti or Jaylon or JOK

Jack Kiser has played much less than Marist but has more tackles. JD has more tackles.

It's not saying they are better or worse. But I mean come on. It's obvious. Marist is a downhill LB who attacks the line of scrimmage like his hair is on fire. Hes athletic and a has extremely long arms. But his weakness has been his instincts. It's okay to say it.

He got drafted in the 3rd round. This is good for him and ND. I'm happy for him. Hope he dominated on the next level

Reactions: NIN Irish
Good on him and good for us. Higher than expected. Wish he played up to his full potential here but hopefully he hits it in the nfl. Same with fisher.

Reactions: Golson5
He was out a year dude. Missing 1 out of 3 years is significant. It doesn’t mean it’s a guaranteed consistent issue, but it’s definitely cause for concern/apprehension. Don’t be obtuse
He missed 1 out of 5 years, not 3.

If you're asking me not to be obtuse. I'm asking you not to be a liar.

He had 1 injury. Lets not make it out to be like he injury prone. Hes not

Did he miss one out of the last three years due to significant injury? Yes! How the fvck does that make me a liar again? Holy crap, you are a jackass who just loves to argue. I have a different opinion than you do. Deal with it Sally.
And I'm fine with that. Thats why we are going back and forth on a message board. You had to be a jackass and go into name calling.

So I'll stop being obtuse, and you stop lying. He played here for 5 years and got injured 1 time. Let's be accurate.

Come on lol. You can say that over a game or over a few games. But over 25 straight games Lol. Let's be real here. Tackles werent overrated for Manti or Jaylon or JOK

Jack Kiser has played much less than Marist but has more tackles. JD has more tackles.

It's not saying they are better or worse. But I mean come on. It's obvious. Marist is a downhill LB who attacks the line of scrimmage like his hair is on fire. Hes athletic and a has extremely long arms. But his weakness has been his instincts. It's okay to say it.

He got drafted in the 3rd round. This is good for him and ND. I'm happy for him. Hope he dominated on the next level
I still think tackles as a statistic are overrated. I’m not even necessarily saying that as a defense of Liufau. I’m just saying that tackles are overrated. I barely care at all that Kia had 10+ tackles in the spring game or even if it happened in the regular season.

Tackles might not even be recorded correctly. I believe Liufau got in on maybe three tackles against Ohio State where he could have potentially been credited with the stat.

What lie have I stated? After you answer that, why don’t you ask yourself who’s really being a jackass. He missed a year due to injury! That’s a truth you can’t ever deny. Injuries absolutely without a doubt can be a concern whether you like it or not
Yes he did. And you feel that is an issue for him going forward. I do not. He's gotten hurt 1 time in 5 years at Notre Dame. He has since played in 25 straight games with no issues. It's football.

Tom Brady missed a year with an injury. I never thought he is now a health risk going forward. We think totally different on this.

I think his football instincts is his biggest issue. With his yackling being next. He missed too many four my liking. You think health.

Cool

so I’m not a liar, just someone with a different perspective? Get your sh1t straight and stop being a jackass. 25 games doesn’t equal 5 years for the record. Does it possibly make future injury less of a concern? Sure. Does it eliminate the concern completely? Absolutely not.

You seem drunk
Yackling = Tackling
Four = for

Not sure why autocorrect didn’t fix these for you unless you’re drunk a lot
No you are a liar. I already said that. I tried moving on because you cried about it. I was trying to talk football which you aren't too educated on

I dont drink at all so just a stupid comment

He was at Notre Dame for 5 years. Are you stupid or something?. He did play before the last 2 years, you do know that right? You talk a lot about his strengths, you'd think you would know that.

He played in 12 games in his first 2 years. Wasn't injured. He got injured before his jr year. Then he played in 25 straight games after the injury with no problems

You said health was your only concern with him. That is odd because he does have issues with his game that are a concern. And his health wouldn't be a top concern and if it was it would be down on the list

I dont drink. Are you sure you're not drunk? Or is lack of football intelligence. It has to be one or the other. Not sure which. Maybe both. I do not use autocorrect. And who cares. You had to go to that because you had nothing of substance to write back

Typical Golson (Nancy) response. Absolutely can not, with a doubt, be proven wrong or concede with out getting the last word. You’re something else, that’s for sure. Your narcissistic bullsh1t gets old and tired. 😴. Fvck off.

Good luck Marist! You were a warrior who gave his all for ND. Here’s to good health and a long career. I believe you’re underrated. Go figure that some disagree (Golson). Who honestly gives a sh1t about his opinion? Not any one who matters, that’s for sure.
What a childish baby ass response. Go cry some more.

Im the one who started this thread. Everything I've said about him was positive except one thing.

Now I think you are drunk. Get some sleep.

I think you the sleep Nancy. Getting all bent out of shape regarding someone’s “concern” for Marist’s injury status says you’ve gone full dumbass. It’s a concern whether you like it or not.
I think you the sleep Nancy? Normally I wouldn't care but since you brought up drinking and auto correct and needing sleep.... Is that a real sentence or is the drink kicking in?

You got bent out of shape about his instincts. I was trying to have a discussion on both.

Stop drinking. I think you NEED the sleep Nancy !

😂 never said sh1t about his instincts. That was YOU. I’m all about his potential future health which “might” be cause for concern. I think the Cowboys got a potential steal. Try staying on topic Dianna
I know it was me. Seriously, can you read and comprehend. What is wrong with you

I said about his instincts and you started crying like the chick you are.

Try to keep up. Are you slow or what?

And you did the laughing emoji. Are you laughing because you can't comprehend a thing right now

I know you the sleep Nancy! Lol

Marist did very well for us. He played his role by doing what was asked of him at a very high rate. Injuries IMO are his only concerns. Can he stay healthy long term?
He was asked to blitz numerous times and never seemed to get to the QB. Don't get me wrong Im happy for the guy, just didn't see him going this high in draft.

I still think tackles as a statistic are overrated. I’m not even necessarily saying that as a defense of Liufau. I’m just saying that tackles are overrated. I barely care at all that Kia had 10+ tackles in the spring game or even if it happened in the regular season.

Tackles might not even be recorded correctly. I believe Liufau got in on maybe three tackles against Ohio State where he could have potentially been credited with the stat.
WOW, what a stupid comment. LBs should be making the most tackles on defense.

Reactions: NIN Irish
Marist did very well for us. He played his role by doing what was asked of him at a very high rate. Injuries IMO are his only concerns. Can he stay healthy long term?
Very well ? Couldn't disagree more. Great athletic ability but below average football player traits. Not an instinctual player at all. I'm shocked he went that high too. Good for him.

Reactions: Telx1 and Chitown11
Efficiency is doing your particular job assignments. I think Marist grades VERY well in that. He’s VERY underrated IMO
Unless you know the defensive call on every play and each players responsibility on said call there is no accurate way of knowing how a specific player graded out.

I was shocked he went ahead of Payton Wilson.
I made a comment in the NC State game thread that Marist looked like the best defensive player on either team. He flashed speed, agility, strength, and pop-upon-arrival. More durable than Wilson. Sure Marist had one injury that kept him out for significant time but he hasn't had multiple nagging injuries all over his body. Tackle numbers are down because he isn't tasked with playing sideline to sideline as an LB in a 4 or 5 man defensive front consuming blocks and freeing him up to eat. He usually plays one half the field and is tasked with getting up field or covering a gap or two.

he looks more like a safety than a linebacker. He has plenty of athletic ability. Evidently the scouts saw something. Hopefully he becomes a good pro. Good luck to him

I know it was me. Seriously, can you read and comprehend. What is wrong with you

I said about his instincts and you started crying like the chick you are.

Try to keep up. Are you slow or what?

And you did the laughing emoji. Are you laughing because you can't comprehend a thing right now

I know you the sleep Nancy! Lol
some people here seem to think others should respect their opinions no matter what
kind of dumb

OURLAD'S

6.86 Liufau, Marist | Notre Dame | Kalihi, HI | Proj Rd: 3-4

Height: 6021 | Weight: 234 | 40: 4.64 | Arm: 3414 | Hand: 0978 | Wingspan: 7938

Two year starter. Butkus Award semifinalist in 2023. Lengthy frame with
long arms. Versatile prospect who has moved around in the Notre Dame
defense. Played primarily Mike but was often used as an overhang player
blitzing off the edge or a big receiver. High motor athlete who has flashed
outstanding play. Shows a good football IQ and is always around the ball.
Solid read and react inside he can locate the ball and chase. Normally precise
inside fits, he can fly downhill and take an open window. Scrapes outside
with a path that allows him to square up in the alley. Shows a closing burst
on tackles. Uses his long arms to stun and separate from blocks. Huge tackle
radius with solid gather and drive on tackles inline and the alley. He has
remarkable recovery ability and second effort if he gets out of position.
As a blitzer, shows a burst outside and can quickly slip a pass blocker with
a strong punch and go. Can bend the edge. Has flashed cover skill in the
short and intermediate zones with a feel for where pattern pressure is. Can
reroute an inside receiver and quickly find the throwing lane. Has match
skill and playing overhang can cover big slot receivers. Struggles at times
tackling in space as he can overrun and not break down. Has to rely on
his long arms to bail him out and there are some shoestring tackles and
misses. If a second level blocker is in his path working outside he can be
slow to shed; he often gets tall on the block and loses his path to the ball. He
can be segmented in pass drop at times and lose positioning. Has starting
potential and has been a missile on special teams and that increases his
value. 2023 Stats: 44 T, 6 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 PBU, 2 QBH, 1 FF. OSR:27/37

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT