ADVERTISEMENT

Jok

I've been watching the game and wondered if anyone else here was. JOK is playing like his hair is on fire! He is just flying around. It is early in the 3rd quarter and he aleady has 9 tackles, including 8 solo tackles and 4 TFL. He is bringing his A game today! The announcers were saying that JOK struggled a bit early in the season, but during the last half of the season he has been a beast. Glad to hear that. JOK was one of my favorites at ND.

I've been watching the game and wondered if anyone else here was. JOK is playing like his hair is on fire! He is just flying around. It is early in the 3rd quarter and he aleady has 9 tackles, including 8 solo tackles and 4 TFL. He is bringing his A game today! The announcers were saying that JOK struggled a bit early in the season, but during the last half of the season he has been a beast. Glad to hear that. JOK was one of my favorites at ND.
Must be winning if he’s that good!

Must be winning if he’s that good!
JOK showed up ready to play. Unfortunately many of his teammates did not.

With all the injuries they had, Cleveland had a nice season. Hard for me to root for a team that has Deshaun Watson on its roster, though. He is a predator. I realize many football players are not choir boys, but after 22 sexual assault allegations were made against him (or whatever the number was), the deal he got to play football for the Browns just didn't sit right with me. Had he shown even an ounce of remorse maybe I would feel different, but his whole attitude was to give everyone the big middle finger because he is an entitled athlete and can do as he pleases. He is a depraved individual.

With all the injuries they had, Cleveland had a nice season. Hard for me to root for a team that has Deshaun Watson on its roster, though. He is a predator. I realize many football players are not choir boys, but after 22 sexual assault allegations were made against him (or whatever the number was), the deal he got to play football for the Browns just didn't sit right with me. Had he shown even an ounce of remorse maybe I would feel different, but his whole attitude was to give everyone the big middle finger because he is an entitled athlete and can do as he pleases. He is a depraved individual.
Darn it …just saw the score. Better Days ahead!

I dont think all 22 were sexual assault allegations and I bet there was a lot of woman trying to make a buck in there too

I dont think all 22 were sexual assault allegations and I bet there was a lot of woman trying to make a buck in there too

So you believe Watson? Come on. There were 24 lawsuits filed. According to a NYT story, Watson claimed that 3 of the women initiated sexual contact. Even if you believe Watson, that still leaves at least 21 victims. Perhaps not all of them involved alleged sexual assaults by Watson, but they all involved sexual misconduct of some kind. He settled them all. Maybe some of the plaintiffs were just shaking him down, but I highly doubt it. I read he initially offered $100K to each plaintiff and that offer was rejected. The cases ultimately settled for an undisclosed figure and the settlement agreements are confidential, so we will never know the ultimate payout. I've read it was likely between $30 to $50 million. As I said, he is a predator.

So you believe Watson? Come on. There were 24 lawsuits filed. According to a NYT story, Watson claimed that 3 of the women initiated sexual contact. Even if you believe Watson, that still leaves at least 21 victims. Perhaps not all of them involved alleged sexual assaults by Watson, but they all involved sexual misconduct of some kind. He settled them all. Maybe some of the plaintiffs were just shaking him down, but I highly doubt it. I read he initially offered $100K to each plaintiff and that offer was rejected. The cases ultimately settled for an undisclosed figure and the settlement agreements are confidential, so we will never know the ultimate payout. I've read it was likely between $30 to $50 million. As I said, he is a predator.
I think there was sexual misconduct. I dont believe there was sexual assault. And if they could prove that, it wouldn't matter if he wanted to settle. It would still have went to criminal court.

I believe there was some shaking down in there for sure.

If there were real victims involved, I believe some wouldn't have taken the money and they would have tried to put him behind bars. They all took the money, and not 1 refused and actually tried taking him to court. Things that make you say hmmmm

I think there was sexual misconduct. I dont believe there was sexual assault. And if they could prove that, it wouldn't matter if he wanted to settle. It would still have went to criminal court.

I believe there was some shaking down in there for sure.

If there were real victims involved, I believe some wouldn't have taken the money and they would have tried to put him behind bars. They all took the money, and not 1 refused and actually tried taking him to court. Things that make you say hmmmm

Except that you are wrong. The women did file criminal complaints against Watson. The prosecutor convened a grand jury but was unable to get Watson indicted. Why? We will never know. Grand jury proceedings are completely secret, so we don't know what evidence the prosecutor presented, or even what charges he tried to indict Watson on. There is an old saying: "A competent prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich." Which leads me to believe the prosecutor probably didn't try very hard, or wasn't very competent. The criminal charges against Watson were brought reluctantly by the prosecutor in the first place, as they do not like to prosecute sexual crime cases based upon he said/she said testimony. And Texas is still very much a "boys will be boys" place, so one can only wonder whether the prosecutor was really even trying to get indictments returned. Watson got to walk on the criminal charges, but that doesn't make what he did any less wrong.

It is a curious juxtaposition to me that you are among the chorus of voices that would pillory Tommy Rees, yet you are here trying to defend the indefensible conduct of Deshaun Watson.

Except that you are wrong. The women did file criminal complaints against Watson. The prosecutor convened a grand jury but was unable to get Watson indicted. Why? We will never know. Grand jury proceedings are completely secret, so we don't know what evidence the prosecutor presented, or even what charges he tried to indict Watson on. There is an old saying: "A competent prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich." Which leads me to believe the prosecutor probably didn't try very hard, or wasn't very competent. The criminal charges against Watson were brought reluctantly by the prosecutor in the first place, as they do not like to prosecute sexual crime cases based upon he said/she said testimony. And Texas is still very much a "boys will be boys" place, so one can only wonder whether the prosecutor was really even trying to get indictments returned. Watson got to walk on the criminal charges, but that doesn't make what he did any less wrong.

It is a curious juxtaposition to me that you are among the chorus of voices that would pillory Tommy Rees, yet you are here trying to defend the indefensible conduct of Deshaun Watson.
What are you talking about? I think Tommy Rees is a bad OC.

I'm not trying to defend Watson. I know a lot of women abuse the system. 23 women were all sexual assaulted yet none had enough evidence for it even to go to a trial. And they all took the money...... yeah okay.

What are you talking about? I think Tommy Rees is a bad OC.

I'm not trying to defend Watson. I know a lot of women abuse the system. 23 women were all sexual assaulted yet none had enough evidence for it even to go to a trial. And they all took the money...... yeah okay.
Duke Lacrosse comes to mind!

Reactions: notredame79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT