ADVERTISEMENT

Jarron Jones

Originally posted by deadirishpoet:
Penn you might want to do some research before you make ridiculous statements when Crist went to Kansas that team was completely in shambles

how did Crist show that he wasn't as mentally tough as Rees?

only difference between the two is when Crist made a mistake Kelly chewed his head off(not that that's a bad thing) but when Rees made a mistake it was treated with kid gloves

there lies the differences. DC did great things in Notre Dame games. He had a bigger arm and better on his feet. the one thing he didn't have was coach Kelly in this corner so you might want to take your own advice and stop making excuses for coach Kelly.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:42 AM by deadirishpoet
I think its completely shortsighted to judge how a coach treats any player based on the 3 and a half hours we get to see on Saturday. coaches spend 20 hours a week with players. they know them best. crist had a bit of success at nd but always seemed to go south when adversity struck which it almost always does in the course of a game. he wasn't very successful at two places for two different coaches including the one who recruited him. that's all I need to know. he had lots of opportunities. if he needed to have everything around him to be perfect in order for him to perform well he wasn't going to be very productive anyway as that rarely happens.

Originally posted by echowaker:

Penn you might want to do some research before you make ridiculous statements when Crist went to Kansas that team was completely in shambles

how did Crist show that he wasn't as mentally tough as Rees?

only difference between the two is when Crist made a mistake Kelly chewed his head off(not that that's a bad thing) but when Rees made a mistake it was treated with kid gloves

there lies the differences. DC did great things in Notre Dame games. He had a bigger arm and better on his feet. the one thing he didn't have was coach Kelly in this corner so you might want to take your own advice and stop making excuses for coach Kelly.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:42 AM by deadirishpoet
I think its completely shortsighted to judge how a coach treats any player based on the 3 and a half hours we get to see on Saturday. coaches spend 20 hours a week with players. they know them best. crist had a bit of success at nd but always seemed to go south when adversity struck which it almost always does in the course of a game. he wasn't very successful at two places for two different coaches including the one who recruited him. that's all I need to know. he had lots of opportunities. if he needed to have everything around him to be perfect in order for him to perform well he wasn't going to be very productive anyway as that rarely happens.
If you were to look at his games in 2010 with a 4 - 3 record His numbers were good to excellent. Maybe you missed the adversity in the Michigan and MSU game which were lost due to the defense. He was very productive through the air and on the ground until his injury.

As far as Kansas it was a train wreck before he got there

Originally posted by BGI User 756:

Are you talking about the samec SC in which Crist drove to the goal line
and then coach Kelly pulled him and put a cold quarterback in? do I also need to mention Crist has had more rushing touchdowns than any quarterback on the bench at that time for Notre Dame.

as far as the USF game i see you neglected all the other mishaps from other players do I need to bring up Jonas Grey's fumble return from the 1 yard line or the dropped touchdown pass prior to that pick?

Oh BTW do you really want to bring up interceptions considering every quarterback coach Kelly has coached seems to have the same disease

Penn

you Kelly lovers will say anything to make you feel better BTW don't confuse objective to hater. I have given coach Kelly credit in the areas he has done well at

I guess you are suggesting any of the games that Chris was quarterback and Notre Dame won weren't important games

that's just ridiculous

This post was edited on 4/6 8:39 AM by deadirishpoet
yep, DIP, the SC game where, if DC doesn't fumble the snap on a QB sneak, we tie SC at 24 on way to a great comeback instead of being down 14...now try to blame Kelly for DC fumbling the snap - DC pulled out before the ball was snapped!

I didn't neglect talking about Gray's fumble in USF game at all....didn't see where you were defending Jonas in this thread, it wasn't a topic before now, but why deflect? This is about DC/BK....as for USF, DC did a great job dinking and dunking down the field on the opening possession....and Gray fumbled, USF ran it back. And then he does another great job going back down the field, only to throw a horrible pick in the end zone because he panicked. That was very telling

Noticed you didn't mention all his dirt throws in the Mich game, to wide open receivers. Or go back and watch tape from Kansas, similar issues - bad TO's when game on the line...

and what does other QB's have to do with DC choking in some big games?
Well maybe if coach Kelly doesn't pull Crist as he drove to the goal line for a cold QB off the bench then maybe Crist would of scored

You speak of horrible pick as if Crist was the only QB guilty of that in the Kelly era at ND

Now which Michigan game you talking about? the one where Crist went 13/25 for 277 yards and 2 TD's with an INT I also did mention the rushing TD he had in that game as well, or the Big number he put up in the MSU game as well.

"and what does other QB's have to do with DC choking in some big games?" Maybe because every QB coach Kelly has coach (aside from MZ) HAS CHOKED IN SOME BIG GAMES that's why. It wasn't just Crist

Oh yea bad TO when games were on the line? How is that any different from Rees or Golson?

At Kansas the personnel was no where the caliber as that as ND GEEZ!

This post was edited on 4/7 8:19 AM by deadirishpoet

Originally posted by Pennick4:

Originally posted by BGI User 756:
DIp, DC struggled when the lights were brightest

Kelly didn't throw that 2 yard Pick against USF or fumble the QB keeper against USC or overthrow wide open receivers in the end zone against Mich

Also, DC whined about the good ole days under Weis.....hmmmm

Kelly treated him roughly, but not without merit
Right on again BGI. Dane ended up on the bench at Kansas as well. The Kelly haters need to post less and read more.
So Penn

So Crist was the only QB guilty of int's , or fumbles at ND, or is it only the USF ones that count?

I guess you had your head in the sand the past 3 yrs

Maybe the Kelly lovers should not bring down one while the others were just as guilty

Again, DIP, we are talking DC

If he was so good, why didn't he get a sniff from the NFL? Jeez, 2nd and 3rd stringers from USC and FSU did!

Lol he did get a sniff. The Ravens had him on their practice squad.

I know we are talking about Crist. I never said he would have been NFL good but his shortcomings far less than other ND QB'S on the roster and his faults were no more

This post was edited on 4/7 2:25 PM by deadirishpoet

FIP

there were/are many talented kids who for some reasons do not pan out; it can be career management, coaching and or coaching changes, injury; Mitch Mustain as example. Those that pan out are very few.
DC was a good decent kid; he carried himself with great dignity; even when Kelly was over the top in his face he took it; he did not disrespect him with a smirk and walk away.

He was signed to practice squad through preseason games

Kind of a little sniff, for sure - certainly justifies your defense of him

NOT

Get a bigger shovel

Wow and his replacement did so much better in the NFL lol

I'm not sure what the shovel comment means

JJ is one player I'm really looking forward to see in action this coming season. He can be freakish good.

So you are bragging about his tryout with the Ravens? Seriously?

His replacement won more games at ND.....can give a shit what they do afterwards

Get a bigger shovel

Listen 756

I'm not bragging about anything. I simply stated Crist was no worse then anyone on the bench. His 2010 season proved that

You throughout the USF game as if that was some sort of litmus test. I can give you a dozon games at a minimum where his replacement chocked even worse.

You make a rediclous comment in regards to the 2010 Michigan game when in fact it was Crist who brought the Irish back after Kellys experiment with Rees and Montana.

The ONLY reason Rees had more victories was because he had coach Kelly in his corner

And if you dont "give a shit" what they did after then why did you bring it up and I quote ""if he was so good why didn't he get a sniff from the NFL"

This post was edited on 4/8 4:21 PM by deadirishpoet

Wow DIP, you are confusing yourself....but I understand as you do the same to others

I answered your assertion about his NFL playing abilities, you brought it up initially, and then several times after, as your justification that he was better for ND. Except you have not shown where his performance at ND was worthy. On the contrary, I showed you several examples where he was unable to make the play that changed the momentum of the game. So BK went with a gamer who didn't have near as much ability, but certainly has the respect of the team for his mental toughness. In short, you like the kid, which is understandable, but you fail to articulate where that shows he executed.

You refuse to acknowledge that the coaching staff saw the chinks in DC's armor well before us fans....nor do you acknowledge that DC, as good as a kid that he was, also whined for Charlie....

So find a "point" and stick to it

Gee, another thread which gets hijacked. Go figure.

I am looking forward to seeing Jarron Jones this season also. Also looking forward to a mods on this board to clean it up!

that was a poor attempt at sarcasm john.

Sorry

This post was edited on 4/9 4:13 PM by deadirishpoet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT