ADVERTISEMENT

Jarron Jones

Pennick4

I've posted how many times?
Feb 3, 2013
Did you guys notice him in full gear in the last practice video? I am sure he isn't taking reps but good to see him out there. He must be making progress.

I didn't watch the last practice video but I saw where Kelly said in his presser on Tuesday I think that tillery has separated himself from all of the other true freshmen and redshirt freshmen
This post was edited on 4/3 7:07 PM by coolirish9

according to a post on TOS, subsequently Nelson pancaked JT in 1:1's; so if so, separated he was.

6-4.5 325lbs. No shame in being pancaked by Quenton Nelson at practice.

Go Irish!

Originally posted by Pennick4:
Did you guys notice him in full gear in the last practice video? I am sure he isn't taking reps but good to see him out there. He must be making progress.
Yes....very surprised by his quick recovery. JJ at full force will be super.

Go Irish!!!

Originally posted by perseverare:
now we have heard from dumb and dumber.

bad genes.
" EG and MZ will play in backfield together just like Paul Hornumg did for Packers " - purse23K March 2015

dumb ???

ND rebuilds Stanford reloads - Purse23k Nov 2104

Dumber

T Rees will over throw recievers all yr because he has a weak arm -- he will take snap and throw as far as he can and receivers won't be able to catch up --- Purse23K Sept 2013

Dumbest

Last one - I hope Jack is doing the hiring of assts because he is better at it and hopefully he will hire Kellys replacement-purse23k march 2015

Dumbest Squared

Perse what is the context of the Reese quote? I keep seeing it referenced and am curious.

Sal:
you do know who these posters are right?

and as for the Rees statement: he made that up all by him&her selves. I was a strong DC fan and thought his treatment by Kelly was without compassion and w/o any dignity afforded DC; On his best day Kelly has not one iota of the class of DC.
Then when fans started on TR, I felt that the attack on TR was too much; he had limited talents and skills but he had the heart of a lion. I posted that criticizing him for his talent limits was just over the top unfair. His quote is so far from anything I posted that it bears out my impressions of the 'clan'. That summarizes my positions on the DC/TR sagas.
They have keyboards and they can type whatever they wish; but in the end: the truth will find them out

The fact that Kelly as a coach, has been questioned to trashed far worse than anything I post and that I am targeted by his kiddies, probably emanates from the fact that I stated that I do not like Kelly personally as far as what I have read and seen on the sidelines (no, I have not met the man personally).

Believe me, I hope ND goes 12-0 and Kelly gets his long dreamed of NFL gig; if in NY it will be a hoot watching his minions deal with the NY press.

Sal:

btw: I just went to read it for 1st time, since you asked; no idea what the reference is, but it is 100% FICTION.
I had posted the recruiting stats 2 years ago comparing the classes of the top contenders and in truth I stated Stanford was 1 of the teams ND held ground with; but at that time the comparison was with Bama and the top teams that as far as top talent ND was losing ground. That pretty much is been so for a time now.

Wax sent him packing for good reasons.

As I said, they can lie; but eventually the boasts need to be backed up with results and not excuses.

The respected and respectable posters here know the story and they also are not fooled by these fools: 'continuous' dolts and liars. Bad genes.

This post was edited on 4/4 11:23 AM by perseverare

Sal:
you do know who these posters are right?

and as for the Rees statement: he made that up all by him&her selves. I was a strong DC fan and thought his treatment by Kelly was without compassion and w/o any dignity afforded DC; On his best day Kelly has not one iota of the class of DC.
Then when fans started on TR, I felt that the attack on TR was too much; he had limited talents and skills but he had the heart of a lion. I posted that criticizing him for his talent limits was just over the top unfair. His quote is so far from anything I posted that it bears out my impressions of the 'clan'. That summarizes my positions on the DC/TR sagas.
They have keyboards and they can type whatever they wish; but in the end: the truth will find them out

The fact that Kelly as a coach, has been questioned to trashed far worse than anything I post and that I am targeted by his kiddies, probably emanates from the fact that I stated that I do not like Kelly personally as far as what I have read and seen on the sidelines (no, I have not met the man personally).

Believe me, I hope ND goes 12-0 and Kelly gets his long dreamed of NFL gig; if in NY it will be a hoot watching his minions deal with the NY press.
nice to know you were their each and every day personally to witness the relationship between Kelly and crist. funny a guy like you discussing class. good one.

DC spoke on it; please be assured when I spoke of certain posters (respected) you were not in mind.
As for my impression, it was same as everyone elses', based upon horrendous public display during those early games.
And DC himself shed light on it, but as was his manner he displayed enough class to let the treatment be in the past.

That aside, the poster simply is lying; and that seems all ok to you; that is because you get off the elevator on the same floor.

Flat out liar

Rees will overthrow receivers all year because he has a weak arm , he will take the snap from center and throw as far as he can to make up for his lack of arm strength and receivers won't be able to catch up to the ball.

Purse Sept 2013

it's too bizarre a comment to possibly fabricate

DC spoke on it; please be assured when I spoke of certain posters (respected) you were not in mind.
As for my impression, it was same as everyone elses', based upon horrendous public display during those early games.
And DC himself shed light on it, but as was his manner he displayed enough class to let the treatment be in the past.

That aside, the poster simply is lying; and that seems all ok to you; that is because you get off the elevator on the same floor.
because crist felt that way Kelly is to be taken to task ? maybe crist wasn't mentally strong enough to take the heat ? the only thing we know for certain is that crist didn't show enough on the field for two different head coaches at two universities to play on a regular basis. as far as your respect goes that's not something I anticipate or desire. your reputation here is well documented. if anyone is lying my money is on you.

echo:

over the years, I am convinced you have an overly inflated opinion of your own opinions; I have stated to you that I have little regard for your opinions or attitudes; why in heck would you even interject yourself?

In the case of the charter member of the cornfield, at least he has a reason to be unreasonable! Your just a self righteous fool.

"over the years, I am convinced you have an overly inflated opinion of your own opinions; I have stated to you that I have little regard for your opinions or attitudes; why in heck would you even interject yourself?"

HPOTY - "Hypocritical Post Of The Year". You just described yourself with the utmost accuracy. Too funny, thanks for the continued entertainment.

By the way, Crist had the physical tools but not what it takes between the ears. Kelly made the right move yanking him.

echo:

over the years, I am convinced you have an overly inflated opinion of your own opinions; I have stated to you that I have little regard for your opinions or attitudes; why in heck would you even interject yourself?

In the case of the charter member of the cornfield, at least he has a reason to be unreasonable! Your just a self righteous fool.
you are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. that said at least I have an extensive pedigree to draw on when I form mine. you ? I interject because sometimes your opinions are so baseless and outlandish that they warrant a response.

Perse, you are wrong abt DC and BK

He was a class kid, absolutely. but also a Weis guy and couldn't adjust after the pampering from Weis......and he wasn't good when the lights were on

More to that saga than you know, so better for you to shut up abt it

I thought this was a post about Jarron Jones in spring practice. Why do all these threads turn into personal attacks by some ignorant child?

JJ is going to have a monster year. I predict.

Adding a quote from 35:
Coach talked about Left Guard NELSON 6-5/325 being a nasty in-you-face strong and powerful monster

Again, no shame is being pancaked by QN.

Go Irish!

This post was edited on 4/4 4:49 PM by john0gaunt

Originally posted by john0gaunt:
I thought this was a post about Jarron Jones in spring practice. Why do all these threads turn into personal attacks by some ignorant child?
You have put your thumb on what's SO wrong with this board.

There is nothing wrong with posters debating who is the better choice for QB, RB or any other issue but why does it have to get so personal and nasty including name calling

GO IRISH !

I_F, I agree to a point. But it is entirely appropriate to call out any fool who would repeatedly advocate removing the 5th year senior QB with the talent and record of EG and replace him with a guy that has 2 quarters of college football on his resume. We all root for MZ, but benching EG to start a new season is ludicrous. I think it is fair to point that out.

Go Irish!

Originally posted by BGI User 756:
Perse, you are wrong abt DC and BK

He was a class kid, absolutely. but also a Weis guy and couldn't adjust after the pampering from Weis......and he wasn't good when the lights were on

More to that saga than you know, so better for you to shut up abt it
Well said. Compassion?? The head coach is to play the best man for the job ..period. The message board idiot consistently posts the dumbest crap and then complains when he is called out about it. Then he tries to run to the moderators.

Originally posted by echowaker:

echo:

you are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I. that said at least I have an extensive pedigree to draw on when I form mine. you ? I interject because sometimes your opinions are so baseless and outlandish that they warrant a response.
Echo --

Thank you -- fact is if I were board moderator I would inform him of three things 1) more than five posts in a day your done 2) any reckless attacks directed at coach Kelly and your done .3 ) any sarcastic condescending remarks directed at any player like Jones in this thread and you are done .

Basically he is a mutt who's opinions are as you said baseless uninformed and ridiculous . If he can't or won't have the decency to just read the board and basically caddy for knowledgeable posters than he is done .

What really sux is he had that complete nit wit Wax convinced that he had a right to be on this forum and that those who disagreed with him and called him out should be banned . Wax wherever you are you are a complete buffoon and a pussy to allow this mutt to have his way on this forum

Purse 23 k I will leave you with this today you said and I quote " posters and players should be protected from attacks on this baord but it is open season on the coach "

incorrect mutt -- it's open season on you !!!

game on purse 23K

" T Rees will overthrow receivers all yr because he has a weak arm "

" I think Jack S hired Sanford to hopefully replace Kelly " P 23 K

" Golson and Zaire will play together in the backfield like Hornung did w Packers " P 23K

" professional advancement isnt possible for coaches under B Kelly " P 23 K

Game on mutt -- Happy Easter Everyone !!

So coach Kelly is untouchable?

you might want to back off continually I believe he's already married

You are wrong Harp. Crist earn a degree at Notre Dame so therefore he had what it took between the ears he also had several excellent games quarterback in the irish to victories and several excellent games that coach Kelly made poor decisions which turn victories into defeats simply Kelly just did not want Crist to be QB

Originally posted by deadirishpoet:
You are wrong Harp. Crist earn a degree at Notre Dame so therefore he had what it took between the ears he also had several excellent games quarterback in the irish to victories and several excellent games that coach Kelly made poor decisions which turn victories into defeats simply Kelly just did not want Crist to be QB
Intelligence has nothing to do with mental toughness. Crist couldn't handle the postion and Kelly saw it and moved on. Stop making excuses for the kid. How did he do when he left?

Classroom smart and football QB smart are totally different animals.

Penn you might want to do some research before you make ridiculous statements when Crist went to Kansas that team was completely in shambles

how did Crist show that he wasn't as mentally tough as Rees?

only difference between the two is when Crist made a mistake Kelly chewed his head off(not that that's a bad thing) but when Rees made a mistake it was treated with kid gloves

there lies the differences. DC did great things in Notre Dame games. He had a bigger arm and better on his feet. the one thing he didn't have was coach Kelly in this corner so you might want to take your own advice and stop making excuses for coach Kelly.

This post was edited on 4/5 11:42 AM by deadirishpoet

dip:

Kelly was perfectly in his right to bench DC; his behavior on camera was NOT perfectly in his right; do that in NY?=cya!
To his credit DC always conducted himself with class.

DIp, DC struggled when the lights were brightest

Kelly didn't throw that 2 yard Pick against USF or fumble the QB keeper against USC or overthrow wide open receivers in the end zone against Mich

Also, DC whined about the good ole days under Weis.....hmmmm

Kelly treated him roughly, but not without merit

Originally posted by BGI User 756:
DIp, DC struggled when the lights were brightest

Kelly didn't throw that 2 yard Pick against USF or fumble the QB keeper against USC or overthrow wide open receivers in the end zone against Mich

Also, DC whined about the good ole days under Weis.....hmmmm

Kelly treated him roughly, but not without merit
Right on again BGI. Dane ended up on the bench at Kansas as well. The Kelly haters need to post less and read more.

Perse, I was a DC fan too. Was just upset that our wideouts couldn't catch the ball five yards short in the dirt, or in the fifth row of the stands. Lots of potential hampered by Kelly. Kid was gonna be the best!

Originally posted by michigaNDer#1:
Perse, I was a DC fan too. Was just upset that our wideouts couldn't catch the ball five yards short in the dirt, or in the fifth row of the stands. Lots of potential hampered by Kelly. Kid was gonna be the best!
DC was a five star how could he miss -- I know Kelly went to some coaching clinics on how to ruin QB's and came back to SB and threw a curse over Dayne . I thought letting the snap go between his legs on the USC one yd line for a 99 yd USC TD was a particuraly nice touch brought on of course by Kelly pressuring him .

I just wish Kelly would read the message boards more so he could figure out how to run a college offense and coach QB's --it's enlighting as hell reading up on real football under the dome .

Ok show me the post that say Clemson will be an easy win for ND. Excuse me guys but perseverare has been trolling our board trying to start something.

So show me what your talking about
according to a post on TOS, subsequently Nelson pancaked JT in 1:1's; so if so, separated he was.

Are you talking about the samec SC in which Crist drove to the goal line
and then coach Kelly pulled him and put a cold quarterback in? do I also need to mention Crist has had more rushing touchdowns than any quarterback on the bench at that time for Notre Dame.

as far as the USF game i see you neglected all the other mishaps from other players do I need to bring up Jonas Grey's fumble return from the 1 yard line or the dropped touchdown pass prior to that pick?

Oh BTW do you really want to bring up interceptions considering every quarterback coach Kelly has coached seems to have the same disease

Penn

you Kelly lovers will say anything to make you feel better BTW don't confuse objective to hater. I have given coach Kelly credit in the areas he has done well at

I guess you are suggesting any of the games that Chris was quarterback and Notre Dame won weren't important games

that's just ridiculous

This post was edited on 4/6 8:39 AM by deadirishpoet

Are you talking about the samec SC in which Crist drove to the goal line
and then coach Kelly pulled him and put a cold quarterback in? do I also need to mention Crist has had more rushing touchdowns than any quarterback on the bench at that time for Notre Dame.

as far as the USF game i see you neglected all the other mishaps from other players do I need to bring up Jonas Grey's fumble return from the 1 yard line or the dropped touchdown pass prior to that pick?

Oh BTW do you really want to bring up interceptions considering every quarterback coach Kelly has coached seems to have the same disease

Penn

you Kelly lovers will say anything to make you feel better BTW don't confuse objective to hater. I have given coach Kelly credit in the areas he has done well at

I guess you are suggesting any of the games that Chris was quarterback and Notre Dame won weren't important games

that's just ridiculous

This post was edited on 4/6 8:39 AM by deadirishpoet
yep, DIP, the SC game where, if DC doesn't fumble the snap on a QB sneak, we tie SC at 24 on way to a great comeback instead of being down 14...now try to blame Kelly for DC fumbling the snap - DC pulled out before the ball was snapped!

I didn't neglect talking about Gray's fumble in USF game at all....didn't see where you were defending Jonas in this thread, it wasn't a topic before now, but why deflect? This is about DC/BK....as for USF, DC did a great job dinking and dunking down the field on the opening possession....and Gray fumbled, USF ran it back. And then he does another great job going back down the field, only to throw a horrible pick in the end zone because he panicked. That was very telling

Noticed you didn't mention all his dirt throws in the Mich game, to wide open receivers. Or go back and watch tape from Kansas, similar issues - bad TO's when game on the line...

and what does other QB's have to do with DC choking in some big games?

DIP
How many wins did he have at ND? Tell me about all the great things he did on the football field for ND?

poet, I have tons and tons of respect for you but I couldn't disagree more. if it was as simple as Kelly not wanting crist as his qb crist never starts a game for Kelly. crists collegiate career speaks for itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT