ADVERTISEMENT

Jagusah

I said it weeks ago: Jagusah seems like “the guy”. We need young talent to emerge and capture these key roles.

Excited to see him vs Oregon State.

Reactions: tbone3114
If tosh doesn't win rt id expect him to be on transfer watch. Gotta say. Surprised about jagusah, but good for the team putting young talent out there

If tosh doesn't win rt id expect him to be on transfer watch. Gotta say. Surprised about jagusah, but good for the team putting young talent out there
I don’t want to see Tosh leave, but at this point, he’s had 4 years to capture a starting role, and hasn’t. During this time, it looks like he’s gonna end up getting beat out by several different freshman (Fisher, Alt, Jagusah). At ND, he just may well be suited for a backup role. I hope he gets his ND degree and has an incredible career and life in the “real world”. ND sets him up for that.

If he leaves, we aren’t losing anyone who’d make a substantial impact on the field.

Reactions: mirer03
I said it weeks ago: Jagusah seems like “the guy”. We need young talent to emerge and capture these key roles.

Excited to see him vs Oregon State.
I think we’ll be saying the same of Lambert next year. Wagner better show he can carry 290-300 lbs and keep it on without sacrificing his quickness, or Lambert will be breathing down his neck. There will be some growing pains with Jagusah, but had hoped for this development. They may still try to get an experienced tackle via transfer, but no one with Jagusah’s upside. Hope he anchors our OL for the next 2-3 yrs.

Being the successful wrestler he was I am not surprised. He likely has an unmatched work ethic. Match that with his size and ability and oh my.

Reactions: IrishMike409
One of the reasons Iowa sends so many lightly regarded HS recruits to the NFL was their Strength and Conditioning program and the fact that they worked at recruiting HS players that also wrestled.

One of the reasons Iowa sends so many lightly regarded HS recruits to the NFL was their Strength and Conditioning program and the fact that they worked at recruiting HS players that also wrestled.
When I need a nap I watch Iowa on offense.

Works every single time.

I think we’ll be saying the same of Lambert next year. Wagner better show he can carry 290-300 lbs and keep it on without sacrificing his quickness, or Lambert will be breathing down his neck. There will be some growing pains with Jagusah, but had hoped for this development. They may still try to get an experienced tackle via transfer, but no one with Jagusah’s upside. Hope he anchors our OL for the next 2-3 yrs.
Wagner only has a small window too... Lambert is gonna be hard to leave off the field. Reports are he's already in college shape.

Guard is overloaded too. Early signed are that Rudolph wants his guys and definitely seems to be favoring bigger, than what Harry would look for.

I'm all for that. I always though Harry's weakness was short yardage. His lines popped huge holes but just getting 2 yards was always something we just never had the push for.

I'm all about putting physical freaks out there and letting them dominate. Even if it means getting away from some of the pulls we are used to.

Wagner only has a small window too... Lambert is gonna be hard to leave off the field. Reports are he's already in college shape.

Guard is overloaded too. Early signed are that Rudolph wants his guys and definitely seems to be favoring bigger, than what Harry would look for.

I'm all for that. I always though Harry's weakness was short yardage. His lines popped huge holes but just getting 2 yards was always something we just never had the push for.

I'm all about putting physical freaks out there and letting them dominate. Even if it means getting away from some of the pulls we are used to.
I hope we can have both…size and pulling plays. I hate when we have huge offensive lineman that are slow and seemingly uncoordinated beyond the immediate line of scrimmage.

I hope we can have both…size and pulling plays. I hate when we have huge offensive lineman that are slow and seemingly uncoordinated beyond the immediate line of scrimmage.
That’s been their signature feature!

Starting at left tackle for the Bowl Game.....whoa!

Love it. Not just playing the older guy. Playing the most talented

Baker and Wagner battling for the right tackle job
This is great news. Love getting guys who can play early

Hard for me to believe that Rudolph will field an OL with almost zero experience, but not sure how much the year experience that Rocco and Coogan bring will be deciding factors. Thought Rocco had a solid year, and Coogan slightly less than solid; but I think we have higher upside guys pushing to play. My view is if you’re going to live with a relatively inexperienced line, you might as well live with a near totally inexperienced line if that is the best upside and accept the growing pains. An OL of Jagusah- Pendleton- Craig-Schrauth-Wagner or Lambert has potential to be really good in 24, and outstanding thereafter. Rudolph has shown he doesn’t award brownie points for experience or recruiting hype as shown by decision to play Coogan and Rocco over Schrauth and Kristofic. Anxious to see how Jagusah and Schrauth play in the bowl game, and looking forward to OL competition this Spring. Hope Rocco comes back 100% to defend his starting against the likes of Pendleton. Best man in!

This is great news for the future. But, I'm a little concerned about this game, with 2 new OTs playing against a quality Oregon State defense, with a new QB. Hopefully they'll do a good job.

Hard for me to believe that Rudolph will field an OL with almost zero experience, but not sure how much the year experience that Rocco and Coogan bring will be deciding factors. Thought Rocco had a solid year, and Coogan slightly less than solid; but I think we have higher upside guys pushing to play. My view is if you’re going to live with a relatively inexperienced line, you might as well live with a near totally inexperienced line if that is the best upside and accept the growing pains. An OL of Jagusah- Pendleton- Craig-Schrauth-Wagner or Lambert has potential to be really good in 24, and outstanding thereafter. Rudolph has shown he doesn’t award brownie points for experience or recruiting hype as shown by decision to play Coogan and Rocco over Schrauth and Kristofic. Anxious to see how Jagusah and Schrauth play in the bowl game, and looking forward to OL competition this Spring. Hope Rocco comes back 100% to defend his starting against the likes of Pendleton. Best man in!
I'm hopeful he only went with Zeke due to have 2 first time starters at the guard positions, because it was incredibly obvious at Clemson and after that Craig is significantly better than Zeke

Unless Rocco's knee injury isn't bad and he can do stuff in the spring, I don't see how he starts in 2024 coming off an injury and probably significantly out of shape. Schrauth is taking a guard spot, it's who can win the other out of pendelteon, rocco, coogan. Spring will be big, and rocco out of spring (if he is) would really hurt him.

This is great news for the future. But, I'm a little concerned about this game, with 2 new OTs playing against a quality Oregon State defense, with a new QB. Hopefully they'll do a good job.
This game is kind of a combo senior day and spring training. Guys like Zeke get to play their last game and guys like Jagusah and AngelIi get to show their stuff. The game shouldn’t matter very much, but I’ll likely be screaming at every questionable call (both Parker and referees) and cheering every good play by ND as per usual. Looking forward to this, but wish like hell it was a NY six bowl game that Would have enticed a number of ND players to play and hold off their intentions.

This game is kind of a combo senior day and spring training. Guys like Zeke get to play their last game and guys like Jagusah and AngelIi get to show their stuff. The game shouldn’t matter very much, but I’ll likely be screaming at every questionable call (both Parker and referees) and cheering every good play by ND as per usual. Looking forward to this, but wish like hell it was a NY six bowl game that Would have enticed a number of ND players to play and hold off their intentions.
Zeke isn't playing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT