ADVERTISEMENT

Irish v. the Trees gamethread

Good win. They were sloppy early on with the turnovers, but played better after that. Great final game by Estime. Go Irish!!

Reactions: NDinNJ
The bad news is you cannot beat very many teams on the road turning the ball over 4 times. The good news is Stanford is one of those few teams you can beat. They are awful and Shaw left Troy Taylor an empty cupboard.

The turnovers are mental, a lack of fundamentals, a lack of concentration and totally unacceptable. Especially after Duke, Louisville and Clemson.

The team does not have this lack of focus at home, but on the road ND is way too sloppy to be a Championship team. It’s also why ND is 9-3 and going to a Tier 2 Bowl game for the 2nd year in a row.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
and 3 star Rees beat out 5 star Crist and 4 star Golson
No he didn’t- Those two played their way to the bench.. Rees wasn’t crowned starter by the coaching staff via practice to start the year.. The staff evaluation benched Alt, Morrison as true freshman. Just like Minchey.. you’re putting way too much stock in Angelli as 2, and in the coaching staff.

Reactions: Golson5
No he didn’t- Those two played their way to the bench.. Rees wasn’t crowned starter by the coaching staff via practice to start the year.. The staff evaluation benched Alt, Morrison as true freshman. Just like Minchey.. you’re putting way too much stock in Angelli as 2, and in the coaching staff.
Minchey didn't even get in during garbage time tonight with 2 minutes left. 😂 It's amazing that we have all these geniuses in this forum, yet none of you have coaching jobs at the FBS level. 😂

and who's that? Minchey? who can't even beat Angeli out? You are clueless. How did "Sammie Heisman" work out for you. What a tool.
Lol. Sorry the adults were talking.

Maybe you havent heard but it's likely that carr will be participating in prebowl workouts to get a jump on spring... We also have a QB coach that has worked with freshman QBs before and developed them over four years...

Minchey or carr will very likely be starting next year.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Well, off came the “put angeli” in love. Haha. That was aweful.
What was awful was the intended receiver breaking his route and stopping right when Angeli released the ball.

Minchey didn't even get in during garbage time tonight with 2 minutes left. 😂 It's amazing that we have all these geniuses in this forum, yet none of you have coaching jobs at the FBS level. 😂
Yourself included

What about the geniuses that started Clarence Over Morrison and Carmody over Alt- bet you follow your leader Biden and are masked up in the basement. How could somebody in power be wrong!?

Last edited:
Well, one pick does not make a career, but if your MF you can understand the need to bring in someone. You have the hopes of a program that fuels 100’s of millions to NBC, boosters, the univ as well as all of us fans. You can’t “hope” Angelli gets it or true soph/frosh combo with zero passes.

Angelli might be ok, but do you put your career and all the rest of the players hopes on a “might”? I wouldn’t. Carr and Duece are your future. Not the guys we got. Bring in someone that can mentor Carr.

Maybe you havent heard but it's likely that carr will be participating in prebowl workouts to get a jump on spring... We also have a QB coach that has worked with freshman QBs before and developed them over four years...

"Minchey or Carr will very likely be starting next year...."

"Carr will be participating in pre bowl workouts to get a jump on Spring."

SMH.

Barring injuries, Carr will not start. If you are so confident, I'm more than happy to bet you. Name your price.

What about the geniuses that started Clarence Over Morrison and Carmody over Alt- bet you follow your leader Biden and are masked up in the basement. How could somebody in power be wrong!?
The exception is not the rule dummy. So if your selling lemonade, and 2 people out 20 tell you it' needs more sugar, you would change your recipe. You're a fool, go back into your parents basement.

He was supposed to stop. They were in zone. He would have been running right onto a defender. Angeli missed that
He did drop into the open spot of their zone, but it looked to me that he did so about the time Angeli released the ball. But yes, Angeli should have read the zone and anticipated this. My eyes saw a wide receiver moving into a one on one cover by a linebacker with direction and speed in our favor. One of several reasons I was a better RB than qb in high school, but then we played with a full house or T backfield in those days.

When you're losing the argument, bring politics into the discussion.

If angeli doesn't win starting spot he's expected by most to transfer. It's actually very likely and also requires a transfer QB.

Angeli starting does NOTHING for Notre Dame. I like the guy, but you have to play the upside
Nonsense...you play the guy who wins the job.

The exception is not the rule dummy. So if your selling lemonade, and 2 people out 20 tell you it' needs more sugar, you would change your recipe. You're a fool, go back into your parents basement.
Happens all the time

Zeke over Craig and Rocco over Schrauth are a couple more

Nonsense...you play the guy who wins the job.
This forum is filled with geniuses that seem to be able to evaluate talent and skill better than experienced college coaches by simply watching their highlight reels. reels that are created showing their best plays. 😂 Seriously a bunch of fools on this board.

Happens all the time
Send your resume into Freeman since you can evaluate talent and skill better than experienced coaches without seeing extensive live action or even film on any of them. You're showing what an idiot you are.

Send your resume into Freeman since you can evaluate talent and skill better than experienced coaches. You're showing what an idiot you are.
Never said I could. But it happens all the time. You act like coaches are infallible. They make mistakes all the time

Zeke over Craig. Rocco over Schrauth

Sometimes coaches go with experience and play it safe. Even though they saw these guys on practice every day all year, they still got it wrong until injuries

Even mike Mickens who I think is our best coach was playing Clarence Freaking Lewis over Ben Morrison. It happens

Never said I could. But it happens all the time. You act like coaches are infallible. They make mistakes all the time

Zeke over Craig. Rocco over Schrauth

Sometimes coaches go with experience and play it safe. Even though they saw these guys on practice every day all year, they still got it wrong until injuries

Even mike Mickens who I think is our best coach was playing Clarence Freaking Lewis over Ben Morrison. It happens
Again, those are the exceptions. most of the time they get it right. You must be shitty at life, you must swim upstream with everything you do if that's your thought process. Just dumb

Again, those are the exceptions. most of the time they get it right. You must be shitty at life, you must swim upstream with everything you do if that's your thought process. Just dumb
What thought process would that be?

Those aren't exceptions. It's very common. Happens at every school, pretty often

Personally, sounds like you are pretty shitty at life tome. Trust everyone, don't think for yourself. Don't have an original thought. Sounds pretty shitty to me. Maybe you can't make a decision on your own, so you trust what everyone tells you to do? Yikes

What thought process would that be?

Those aren't exceptions. It's very common. Happens at every school, pretty often

Personally, sounds like you are pretty shitty at life tome. Trust everyone, don't think for yourself. Don't have an original thought. Sounds pretty shitty to me. Maybe you can't make a decision on your own, so you trust what everyone tells you to do? Yikes
Again you clearly can't read. Coaches are correct in their evaluations most of the time. You are pointing out the exceptions. Even if they are wrong 20% of the time, that means they are correct 80% of the time. Seriously you are not very bright.

You and the other self proclaimed geniuses were complaining about Merriweather not getting playing time last year and we see how that turned out so far. None of us see what the coaches see on a daily basis, so yea, I'm going to trust their decision over you who doesn't know sh1t.

Again you clearly can't read. Coaches are correct in their evaluations most of the time. You are pointing out the exceptions. Even if they are wrong 20% of the time, that means they are correct 80% of the time. Seriously you are not very bright.

You and the other self proclaimed geniuses were complaining about Merriweather not getting playing time last year and we see how that turned out so far. None of us see what the coaches see on a daily basis, so yea, I'm going to trust their decision over you who doesn't know sh1t.
You should. But you can still use your brain to see obvious mistakes. And even though you trust them over me, you shouldn't trust them like they are infallible. Don't trust me, who cares. But have an original thought.

You know Brian Kelly knows a lot more football than me and you combined, but when he made decisions to go for 2 in bad situations or punt when he shouldn't have or use his timeouts improperly, did you not call him out on those mistakes. Even though he knew more than you, you could see a mistake or no? Did he not make those mistakes because he knows more than you?

I find it amusing reading early posts with people overreacting to a slow start.

Do they not realize a game is four quarters and not just one?
There are a few posters who go absolutely bonkers if we fail to score on every play in the first quarter. Sometimes if I'm not home when a game starts, I'll just look at who is posting in that particular game's thread and I can tell without reading the posts whether or not we have had to punt on our first possession.

You should. But you can still use your brain to see obvious mistakes. And even though you trust them over me, you shouldn't trust them like they are infallible. Don't trust me, who cares. But have an original thought.

You know Brian Kelly knows a lot more football than me and you combined, but when he made decisions to go for 2 in bad situations or punt when he shouldn't have or use his timeouts improperly, did you not call him out on those mistakes. Even though he knew more than you, you could see a mistake or no? Did he not make those mistakes because he knows more than you?
You clearly can't read. I never said they were infallible, but they know a lot more than anyone in this forum, and if they are right 80% of the time go with the favorable percentages. If the starter is stinking up on the field during games than yes, a coach should make a switch to see if the backup is a better option.
We see someone playing poorly get swapped out. Sometimes the backup comes in and takes over other times they don't.

Look at Alabama, early in the season. They sat Milroe and in came Buchner who stunk it up worse, then came Simpson who was slightly better than Buchner. After that, Milroe was the starter.

You clearly can't read. I never said they were infallible, but they know a lot more than anyone in this forum, and if they are right 80% of the time go with the favorable percentages. If the starter is stinking up on the field during games than yes, a coach should make a switch to see if the backup is a better option.
We see someone playing poorly get swapped out. Sometimes the backup comes in and takes over other times they don't.

Look at Alabama, early in the season. They sat Milroe and in came Buchner who stunk it up worse, then came Simpson who was slightly better than Buchner. After that, Milroe was the starter.
When is clear and obvious, yes fans can point it out and sometimes see it before the coaches.

Sometimes coaches are loyal to a fault. Sometimes players just dont perform in games like they do in practices. Sometimes coaches are stubborn

Its okay on a message board to point things out. Doesnt mean anyone on here knows more than the coach

Do you remember when Schmidt was a senior and injured? BVG kept putting him out there no matter how many missed tackles and his lack of athleticism. It was so obvious to everyone but him

When is clear and obvious, yes fans can point it out and sometimes see it before the coaches.

Sometimes coaches are loyal to a fault. Sometimes players just dont perform in games like they do in practices. Sometimes coaches are stubborn

Its okay on a message board to point things out. Doesnt mean anyone on here knows more than the coach

Do you remember when Schmidt was a senior and injured? BVG kept putting him out there no matter how many missed tackles and his lack of athleticism. It was so obvious to everyone but him
BVG was a complete disaster. If I recall, he didn't even last a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT