ADVERTISEMENT

I hate change.......

BGI User 348

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Pennsylvania
new message board coming Monday. Darn.

dead.r191677.gif

Go look at the sound off board if you want to see what it is like.

Just about all the bugs are out of the system now. It looks vastly different. More like the 24/7 board. However it is more interactive.

Link to the Sound Off board

There are some real positive changes. Much easier to embed graphics / videos / pics.

No more 1 minute time out between posts

Much, much, much better dashboard for moderator and conflict resolution. Where as now you have to email specific people and wait for a response. Under the new system you report the offense right where you see, and it is sent to the entire team and the first one to see it can handle it.

Easier to read. Although you will see fewer over all threads per page.

List of updates to the system here
This post was edited on 4/20 3:17 AM by IrishBlooded

The sound off board does.

I don't want to speak to any of the school boards. They have different set ups. However I do know there are several mods listed on the Irish board. And the ones on Rockne Roundtable are the same as the ones here. They should be able to see a report across any Irish board. But that to some point is speculation.

Perse I haven't been back to this board in a long time, been hanging out over at Scout. Is this place any better or does every thread get hijacked?

Not sure if it's worth coming back

well; I been hanging around on scout also; seems scout and also 247 are just about football and less about bickering - but aside from the usual suspect, it has been somewhat less temperamental around here; and as the saying goes: death taxes and argie vs any nole on a daily basis!

I hadn't been to the Sound Off Board until it was mentioned by IB on this thread. IMO it looks very good. They do a nice job. Seems to be worth visiting it now and then.

The sound off board in the of season is a little wild westish

We let more 'slide' in the way off topic posts. During the season. And especially on game days it is a good place to be. Great conversations with fans from all over the nation. And we usually have a game thread on just about every game going.

I spend far more time there then here. However I really do appreciate coming here to see Ara, 35 and others that post about the team.

The sound off board in the of season is a little wild westish

We let more 'slide' in the way off topic posts. During the season. And especially on game days it is a good place to be. Great conversations with fans from all over the nation. And we usually have a game thread on just about every game going.

I spend far more time there then here. However I really do appreciate coming here to see Ara, 35 and others that post about the team.
now I hate change tooo

well so far I think the changes are okay. I was expecting them to be worse

Let me know if you have questions. Will be happy to help.

Good trick to getting someone's attention you can use the @ symbol and type a name. That will attach to a poster and they will have a notification calling them to that thread.

I always thought less was more on message boards.... initial impression of this change is more is more.
hope it at least makes the people who run this sites jobs easier.. like anything we will get used to it.

I always thought less was more on message boards.... initial impression of this change is more is more.
hope it at least makes the people who run this sites jobs easier.. like anything we will get used to it.
It really really does make it easier on moderators.

And I do believe many posters on here will enjoy the report function. Will allow posters to notify the board mods about Argues man and others getting out of hand much faster.

I hate chane too. Seems like lots of web pages are changing for some reason … this board, google maps, formula1.com, etc, etc … don't really like ANY of them. What in hell is join on?

Most of us will get use to it and eventually grow to love the new format.

:)

GO IRISH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT