ADVERTISEMENT

Golson

I would put this in the category of good news ultimately. Everett has a talented arm but has lousy decision making ability and little mental toughness. There are reports that his 2 top schools are South Carolina and Georgia. I can't think of a worse place for him to go to than SoCar. One tirade by Spurrier and Everett will be all done. Too bad Kizer lost out on the backup reps. .
The team will rally around Malik.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ND has a great team with MZ as the main guy, will be fun. EG made the decision best for him. One goal accomplished, a degree from ND

What happened to taking a year off and practicing under the best quarterback tutor money could buy?

When it's all said and done one "6',200" is being replaced by another "6',200". Hopefully the replacement will have better hands and a better head regarding football IQ and decision making.

And who will be backing up Malik Zaire? Now days in big time CFB it's fairly safe to assume that at some point during the season the QB will go down or be slowed down by an injury..........especially if he is on the small side.

What happened to taking a year off and practicing under the best quarterback tutor money could buy?

When it's all said and done one "6',200" is being replaced by another "6',200". Hopefully the replacement will have better hands and a better head regarding football IQ and decision making.

And who will be backing up Malik Zaire? Now days in big time CFB it's fairly safe to assume that at some point during the season the QB will go down or be slowed down by an injury..........especially if he is on the small side.
Malik may get hurt during the season but he is well put together and would guess he is close to 220lbs.

I have known EG since second grade. I have stood face to face with him many times in the last 4 years. I am a little over 6'. He is eye to eye with me. One day we talked to him at the mall and I asked my wife after if EG looked as tall as me. She did not hesitate to say yes and has no prejudice in this matter. Have any of you hight'ers met him in street clothes ? He looks small standing next to giants as any of us six footers would. Also, his upper body is muscular and he looks to be 200 or over. He is slim in the lower half but his father and older brother are not, so he will probabl

y thicken up in the next few years. EG throws the ball like few you will ever witness in person. When he started as a freshman at Myrtle Beach it was obvious,,,but through the years his ability to sling the ball with rocket velocity has never been in question by any objective observer.
Haters gonna Hate.

Haters are going to hate? More like homers are going to be blind. I don't care that you were next door neighbors with his nanny. I've seen EG walk by plenty of times and he is much shorter than my 6' tall brother. If he is so good like you say then why is he running away from the competition?

It was fitting that you made your rather lame comments just hours before the sulker Golson transferred. We won't be seeing you for a while. Go Irish!!!!!!!

It's not hate when you mention 22 turnovers and questionable decision making on and off the field. Golson is a guy who can win a game by himself one week and then turn around and lose you a game the next week

The only consistent team success he enjoyed was 2012 and that was because of a really good defense and a limited playbook.

Even with that, Rees had to bail the team out versus Purdue, UM, Stanford and BYU.

Reactions: mh2365
funny article >

with his reins in the hands-turning-purple tight grip of coach Brian Kelly, Golson helped navigate the Irish to their improbable berth in the BCS Championship Game........But Golson created plays where none existed, and he found ways to win games... (btw,,, he never admitted he "cheated on a test" he said "something like that" when asked,,, and word is a fellow student asked to see his paper and turned in a carbon copy,, Golson took full blame)

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-notre-dame-qb-everett-golson-lived-nfl-cycle

also, if you have not seen another article implies the reason he is leaving - could not get admitted to ND grad school....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT