ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread ND vs FSU

Yes and for years now we run the no option option. The defense knows the QB is not keeping it and can just go after the RB. Plus the RB's have to wait instead of hitting the hole going full speed. Play makes no sense at all.
Exactly.....the RB is standing still when given the ball.....

Finally can post, took a while to remember my password.... terrible execution. New DC, same poor tackling. No deep passes to help the run. Hamilton steps up!!!! Can he play qb too

They get the ball to start the 2nd half. I just have yet to comprehend Kelly's strategy. He does not have a killer instinct.

Let’s see if coan let’s it rip second half…. Other than two horrendous defensive plays vs a confusing offensive game plan … rees looking average at best

Last edited:
He under threw two long passes that were both TD's if he hits them in stride.....the good news is, our WR are actually getting deep..,...he just needs to put more air under them

I love this Irish Defense ! More aggressive but man they get after the QB !
Just like the 85 Bears !! Go Irish !!!
And they have not given up a good pass play yet !! What GREAT corners the Irish have !!

Perfect throw also. Hit him in the chest 30 yards out. Love it.
Jack Coan is the opposite of the Great Ian BOOK. He just stands in the pocket and hits his receivers. No scrambling around.
What we have been waiting for ! Someone who makes his reads and throws instead of run !
Not a knock on Book ! He was GREAT but Coan is even GREATER !

Reactions: Zorich 88
Thoughts on Defense? Some bad angles and some missed tackles. Pass rush as advertised. Back end looks tight. Just don’t get that run. The angles where Aweful.

Don’t understand the inability to run the ball successfully !

Especially with two (2) great running backs
This line has not figured out how to create those holes and seams. Early in the season for sure. But they have to move those defenders, not the other way around.

Second half is all on tackling on D and aggressive play calling and throws on O….. missed so many tackles and also went conservative on O playcalling and throws

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT