ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread ND vs FSU

Nice to see that our read no option play is still around. RB's are dancing behind the line. Put a TE in front of them and run up the middle.

Not really sure how you do something that works onO and D early and completely change despite the other team….. fsu loading box, throw it…Nd D is playing some bad players early

We need to play Buchner. We need versatility and the element of surprise on offense. I am not blaming Coan I am blaming Rees.

Hope we get something going , where the heck is our power running game .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the zone-read option only effective if the defense respects the QB as a runner?....

This is what happens when you hand the keys of the offense to a kid barely out of diapers. That 3rd and 5 play call was atrocious.

Reactions: Java65
We’re in a dogfight here. Defense needs to tighten up.

so far we are playing a terrible game, and I am not very impressed with the play calling !

It appears that the Noles have figured out the ND defense and offense. They seem to know what play ND is running....on the flip side....ND's defense seems to be losing tight, disciplined coverage...getting sloppy. Half time can't come soon enough...

The problem is our offensive line is not that good.

Reactions: ZVZ
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the zone-read option only effective if the defense respects the QB as a runner?....
Yes and for years now we run the no option option. The defense knows the QB is not keeping it and can just go after the RB. Plus the RB's have to wait instead of hitting the hole going full speed. Play makes no sense at all.

Don’t understand the inability to run the ball successfully !

Especially with two (2) great running backs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT