ADVERTISEMENT

Duke /Clemson

I think some of you are underrating Duke. Leonard is considered a top 3 QB coming out next year. Elko took over a bad team and they won 9 games last year. There’s a real possibility they are undefeated when the Irish come to Durham at the end of this month.

Two things can be true....Clemson was awful, especially at quarterback...and it most likely won't be the same Clemson team we face in Death Valley. They have a solid roster...and have not yet gelled. ND cannot expect anything but Clemson's best effort in their house.

I think some of you are underrating Duke. Leonard is considered a top 3 QB coming out next year. Elko took over a bad team and they won 9 games last year. There’s a real possibility they are undefeated when the Irish come to Durham at the end of this month.
They have a very good QB and a well-coached defense. That goes a long ways.

Reactions: NDblitz
They have a very good QB and a well-coached defense. That goes a long ways.
Their team speed looked almost on par with Clemson's. This will be a tough game for the Irish after the emotional/physical impact of the Ohio State game.

Two things can be true....Clemson was awful, especially at quarterback...and it most likely won't be the same Clemson team we face in Death Valley. They have a solid roster...and have not yet gelled. ND cannot expect anything but Clemson's best effort in their house.
Clemson outgained Duke and it wasn’t window dressing yardage after the game was decided … they fumbled twice inside the 10 yard line and missed 2 chip shot FGs … trailing 13-7 the QB slid before gaining an obvious first down at mid field … that’s too many mistakes to win on the road vs a good opponent … I would not count on all these mistakes every week from Clemson, all that can be cleaned up and Clemson should still be a tough team to beat especially in Death Valley.

Their team speed looked almost on par with Clemson's. This will be a tough game for the Irish after the emotional/physical impact of the Ohio State game.
Agreed. Five of our six ACC opponents won this weekend (everyone but Clemson), and all look like challenging games. We didn't get any of the bottom feeders in this year's ACC slate.

Maryland actually had a good team last year (finished in the top 30) this Duke team is way down in the 50s.

Clemson has been on the decline ever since they lost their top assistant coaches.
Having Trevor Lawrence for three years and Deshawn Watson around surely helped out

Could be that Duke's defenders are faster than usual too.

They’re well coached. Elko is good wherever he goes. His defenses tackle well, they are physical, they are always in the backfield, they disrupt and get a lot of turnovers, and they improve as the game goes on. His defenses usually rank near the top of CFB and he gets them there in a hurry, even if they sucked the year prior under a diff coach. It looked like ND’s old defense to me. Lea was his under study and we looked solid with him too. If we ever need a new coach and Elko is available, he is a top candidate.

Last edited:
Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Perhaps you might teach us more if your font was a little larger and bolder….
My font could be the size of Pittsburgh and you’d still be know nothing Monday morning QB’s.

Here’s a hint for you, “substance”, not “form” is what counts !

My font could be the size of Pittsburgh and you’d still be know nothing Monday morning QB’s.

Here’s a hint for you, “substance”, not “form” is what counts !
lol….whatever “substance” you’re on needs to be changed….quickly if possible. Remember, “ a mind is a terrible thing to waste“ and yours is truly wasted.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Could be that Duke's defenders are faster than usual too.
Apparently they have 3 transfers in their secondary, from Texas A&M, Miami and Northwestern. All started at their previous schools.

lol….whatever “substance” you’re on needs to be changed….quickly if possible. Remember, “ a mind is a terrible thing to waste“ and yours is truly wasted.
Then you should be able to tell us how Elko saved Kelly’s career and what adjustments Dabo should have made at halftime last night.

So go ahead and enlighten me.

Let‘s see how keen your football mind is.

Then you should be able to tell us how Elko saved Kelly’s career and what adjustments Dabo should have made at halftime last night.

So go ahead and enlighten me.

Let‘s see how keen your football mind is.
Don’t you mean Debo?

Apparently they have 3 transfers in their secondary, from Texas A&M, Miami and Northwestern. All started at their previous schools.
Which raises
Don’t you mean Debo?
I knew that you couldn’t answer the questions, instead you chose to divert away from and avoid answering the questions by focusing on a typo. Just like the rest of the know nothings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT