ADVERTISEMENT

Duke /Clemson

Should be up 16-0. They are gonna be a handful. Clemson QB, at this time and thing change, does not match the hype on pregame. The Duke kid does.

Duke sure is a physical team. I watched Duke play Pitt in Durham in Cutcliffs final year and sat close to field and this is a different football team. Is this the Mike Elko effect?

I went to Pitt opener on Saturday and sat in row 6 and Pitt also plays physical defense.

It appears that the home teams in the ACC will have an advantage because there is greater parity now. So if you are a road team you Must do 2 things. 1) Establish a strong running game. 2) Don't turn the ball over. Clemson is doing neither. Of course if you want to add #3 it would be the defense has to bring its A game. So it's 3 necessities when playing ANYONE on the road.

Clemson has no offense. And they shot themselves in the foot about half a dozen times in this game.

This Duke team is nothing special. This will be the highlight of their season.

Duke won’t be easy, but Clemson look awful. I take back my post from a couple days ago saying osu would be an easier game. I’m sure they will still be tough in Death Valley but this is the worst Clemson has looked in at least a decade

Do you watch college football? Have no memory? 2017 was the comeback after the 4-8 2016 season. Elko’s defense was huge in his year no. 1 at ND. He came in after Kelly’s buddy was fired.
Fixing Notre Dame's defense in 2017, sure. Saving Kelly's career? Maybe you're overstating things.

Reactions: tbonesays
Duke won’t be easy, but Clemson look awful. I take back my post from a couple days ago saying osu would be an easier game. I’m sure they will still be tough in Death Valley but this is the worst Clemson has looked in at least a decade
They didn't look so good last year either.

Elko had Duke ready to play. They bent on D but didn't break. When you are a big underdog, the little things matter. And Duke did what they needed to do to win.
Duke deserved to win and if Clemson protects the football maybe they pull this out but Klubnik was flustered by Duke defense all night. Shipley was a stud but not near enough.

Reactions: ftnfan62
I guess Dabo didn’t adjust at halftime, like Kelly.

‘’You armchair Monday morning QB’s know nothing about football !

Last edited:
Even having a bad night, Clemson has SO much more talent than Duke makes it crazy they could lose by 21 to the Blue Devils. This is like Ohio State losing to Maryland by three scores.

Reactions: Classic Irish
There tackling was excellent. They always where around the ball. They put good pressure on.

I think both teams has bad fumbles, breaks seem to be even. Duke just beat them.

Reactions: NDinNJ
How did he save BK’s career ?

iu

Are they sure klubnik is better than DJ? He looks like a HS kid

I liked how Duke’s secondary was all over the recievers almost no separation. Clemson could not get out of their own way. Way to mzz as my mistakes, plus the missed field goals

Even having a bad night, Clemson has SO much more talent than Duke makes it crazy they could lose by 21 to the Blue Devils. This is like Ohio State losing to Maryland by three scores.
Maryland actually had a good team last year (finished in the top 30) this Duke team is way down in the 50s.

Clemson has been on the decline ever since they lost their top assistant coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT