ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Lax

This is a great team.

Great goalie.

Great guys as starters, and Corrigan sneaks in subs as the game goes on, never a whole offense or defense group but one or two at a time ... then when the game is out of hand and a win is assured, he empties the bench but always has a couple of guys who payed with the starters in there to keep things under control. This is the way to build continuity ... as seniors leave, the team still has experienced players to carry on the next year.

Last edited:
This is a great team.

Great goalie.

Great guys as starters, and Corrigan snakes in subs as the game goes on, never a whole offense or defense group but one or two at a time ... then when the game is out of hand and a win is assured, he empties the bench but always has a couple of guys who payed with the starters in there to keep things under control. This is the way to build continuity ... as seniors leave, the team still has experienced players to carry on the next year.
Great post

Now on to the Tourney----we could get Georgetown in the 2nd Round who beat us at Arlotta.
That's the beauty of the one and done format. It's why March Madness is so commercially successful. Deal with it.

That's great. Hopefully they can take home another national title this year. Go Irish!!

ND 14
UAlbany 9

ND was down 5-4 at the half, but turned it on in the second half. Mission accomplished for Game 1. Let's keep it rolling.
That 3 minute non-returnable penalty in the 2nd quarter is what let Albany back in the game.

Glad ND took it to them in the 2nd half.

Too bad the ladies lost their game against Michigan. No idea what happened (didn't watch it) ... seems like we had a 3-0 lead but then Michigan came back.

That 3 minute non-returnable penalty in the 2nd quarter is what let Albany back in the game.

Glad ND took it to them in the 2nd half.

Too bad the ladies lost their game against Michigan. No idea what happened (didn't watch it) ... seems like we had a 3-0 lead but then Michigan came back.
"That 3 minute non-returnable penalty"

I like watching Lacrosse, but not overly fluent with the rules -- what is a "non-returnable" Penalty?

"That 3 minute non-returnable penalty"

I like watching Lacrosse, but not overly fluent with the rules -- what is a "non-returnable" Penalty?
I am not an expert on the rules of lacrosse, but my understanding is that penalties can be releasable or non-releasable. If it is a releasable penalty, the other team plays with a man advantage but the penalized player is released from the penalty box if the other team scores, and in effect the remaining time on the penalty is wiped out. A non-releasable penalty, on the other hand, means the player remains in the penalty box for the entire duration of the penalty, no matter how many times the opposing team scores. The more severe personal fouls, e.g., cross-checking, may result in a non-releasable penalty.

It is similar to minor and major penalties in ice hockey, if you watch that sport.

I am not an expert on the rules of lacrosse, but my understanding is that penalties can be releasable or non-releasable. If it is a releasable penalty, the other team plays with a man advantage but the penalized player is released from the penalty box if the other team scores, and in effect the remaining time on the penalty is wiped out. A non-releasable penalty, on the other hand, means the player remains in the penalty box for the entire duration of the penalty, no matter how many times the opposing team scores. The more severe personal fouls, e.g., cross-checking, may result in a non-releasable penalty.

It is similar to minor and major penalties in ice hockey, if you watch that sport.
Thanks! yea, it helps with the understanding and terminology.

Reactions: irishalice
Oh my...Georgetown was the only team that beat us in the regular season, and we just cruised past them with no trouble at all. People in the Lacrosse world might be talking about this squad as an all-time great team!
Still have two more to win and Syracuse is very dangerous (I'd rather get Denver). They played us close. Faison had a nice goal today and Todd Lyght's son is l(y)ghts out on D. Freshman All-American. Go Irish!

The Liam we saw during championship weekend in 2023 and then again during the 2024 ACC Tournament needs to show up...

But aside from that, everything else was humming well today!!

Love it when my Chaminade guys (Lynch, Kavs; even Gray) take over a game!!

Nice story on ESPN about Jordan Faison playing both LAX and football:

I hadn't realized that Jordan's younger brother, Dylan, committed to play football for ND in the class of 2026. For you guys who closely follow recruiting and HS football, is he a player? Looks to be a little bigger than Jordan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT