ADVERTISEMENT

Does Claypool go Irish on Friday?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
82 % crystal ball for ND

Just a week ago it was more like 55 ND. 45 Oregon. Trending Irish

I too will crystal ball him for ND!

Irish also make the first cut for eli Holyfield RB son of champ Evander...says ND is like no place he has visited

Irish also make the first cut for eli Holyfield RB son of champ Evander...says ND is like no place he has visited

Would be great to get good news on him tomorrow to end the week. Go Irish.

Can't remember a class with so many three star commitments that excelled at camps and who are predicted to be elevated. For those of you that have followed recruiting for years, have we entered a new norm where so many recruits commit before their senior season, and thus the evaluations and star ratings are behind the curve? Regardless, love everything I've read about Claypool, and excited to have him on board.

Reactions: MTIrish98
Seriously, forget the stars. The NFL is loaded with 3 star players. If you don't believe me look it up. The coaches like him so they must have saw something. That's good enough for me.

Reactions: newman12
He has an intriguing name. For all you Phrenologists out there in the Great Ether do the bumps on his head indicate whether he will be a star?

Telx1 kelly and his staff have started to prioritize players they want above all including outside rankings. This shift occurred after a couple cycles where the staff turned away players hoping for big fish and then striking out and getting left at the alter by option B who they had been putting on hold for so long.

Alot of commits are coming earlier though because there are players that want to be done before the season starts so they can focus.

ND must be like Florida for kids from Canada. Hope he brings some friends who play Dline.

Thanks Sal. It sure appears as you state. My comment about their three star commits doing so well at these competitions would then suggest that Kelly and staff are doing an outstanding job identifying talent. Claypool is a great example. One constant that comes out of these interviews is the importance recruits place on early contact and developing Trust with the coaches. Being placed into a second or third tier, and being largely ignored while a team chases their top guy, only to have them circle back after being rejected is never a good thing. Seems like the new approach takes care of the core and still allows them to chase a few elites throughout the year.

Kid is from Canada. That automatically has Rivals putting him at a 4*. Second, he projects at two positions. WR/LB making it hard to evaluate him and he's not exactly the ATH body type. I like this trend of +6'5 Wideouts.. Huge pick up for the Irish!

ND must be like Florida for kids from Canada. Hope he brings some friends who play Dline.

He lives in Abbotsford British Columbia which is just south east of Vancouver on the Washington State border. It is actually warmer in Abbotsford than it is in South Bend. Plus it has beautiful mountains and a view of snow capped Mount Baker all year long. While he is Canadian and likely has a touque, some Sorels and already owns a good coat he will see more cold weather in South Bend than he does now!

IIO discussed previously the kid has the body to grow in to a DE but the question would be if he wants to commit to the Defensive side of the ball.

Don't believe the kid is ideal for punt returner or safety due to lateral and agility testing. He will start off at WR don't believe a position change is expected.

This just means ND has a good shot of signing him. June 2016 is the true date to hopefully welcome him. You recruitniks always get too excited then get burned later.

Thought the idea of growing into a DE had some likelihood given IIO comments, but surprised to read the assessment that he is not likely to add much more weight, just strength.

You gotta work to put on weight.

23- ND has had less the 10% of their commits decommit in the last 5 years. I can think of 3/4 high profile kids but thats about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT