ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing season

In 2022 Ludwig’s total compensation from Utah was $ 1,250,000.

Let me repeat, it wasn’t about ND being unwilling to pay the money
This is not true. See my post for what happened. Ludvig adjusted his contract and ND was working from the old details.

Reactions: DublinND
LMAO, if he hadn’t won ten games those seasons you’d have excoriated him for that. I am not a BK fan but he did, 100% lift this program out of a two decade funk.

The program was a dumpster fire when he arrived. BK is a far better HC than Freeman. Will Freeman get there? I don’t know, the jury is out on that.
I wouldnt go that far. Chuck fell apart at the end but ND was a 4 & 13 & the Bush Push away from a natty appearance and went to the Sugar and Fiesta bowls. BK had alot of more talent to work with than you are thinking. Most of the key players on 2012 were Weiss recruits.

The whole story is that powlus was responsible to get the contract details and he got an out dated contract with a low buyout attached...so freeman and co moved forward. They agreed to the deal and were presented with the current buyout which was SIGNIFICANTLY higher and then the ad balked because it was unexpected and unapproved

Powlus ****ed that up.
Yes I know the story. And in the end, who Fing cares. The head guy had his guy, we have plenty of money. Pay him and he is the OC for the year. Don't pay him and we are stuck with someone who wasnt our top choice

Do they want to win or not?

The whole story is that powlus was responsible to get the contract details and he got an out dated contract with a low buyout attached...so freeman and co moved forward. They agreed to the deal and were presented with the current buyout which was SIGNIFICANTLY higher and then the ad balked because it was unexpected and unapproved

Powlus ****ed that up.
Bingo. Case closed
No need to debate . Above is completely correct

Some are very dogmatic about what they think they know as well
Freeman had to take Rees and then Parker. Not exactly ideal when you are trying to run a program. Hopefully the new AD changes the culture.

This is not true. See my post for what happened. Ludvig adjusted his contract and ND was working from the old details.
Ludwig’s total compensation in 2022 from Utah was $ 1,250, 000, that’s undeniable.

You can claim to adjust your contract 9 ways to midnight, but it’s irrelevant in the face of your W-2.
High paid Executives and coaches know exactly what their compensation is.

$ 1,250,000 was well within ND’s wheelhouse

Freeman had to take Rees and then Parker. Not exactly ideal when you are trying to run a program. Hopefully the new AD changes the culture.
I think it’s a little more nuanced than that.

Rees was signed before MF was hired, and I believe that was a pre-condition for MF to agree to take the position given the timing of Kelly’s resignation.

I think it’s a little more nuanced than that.

Rees was signed before MF was hired, and I believe that was a pre-condition for MF to agree to take the position given the timing of Kelly’s resignation.
Yes that is not an ideal situation for any head coach.

And the last ray of hope for something good out of this season was closed out on a downfield holding call on SC. SC and UW were in a shootout with the Trojans live for a PAC title. The schedule is hard but when they close the books our best win will probably be playing in the Chicken&Waffles bowl.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
And the last ray of hope for something good out of this season was closed out on a downfield holding call on SC. SC and UW were in a shootout with the Trojans live for a PAC title. The schedule is hard but when they close the books our best win will probably be playing in the Chicken&Waffles bowl.
Washington scored 52 points.

Yes I know the story. And in the end, who Fing cares. The head guy had his guy, we have plenty of money. Pay him and he is the OC for the year. Don't pay him and we are stuck with someone who wasnt our top choice

Do they want to win or not?
Very true, but I’d argue ND ended with someone that wasn’t even in their top 20 (if they had one) when the search started.

Nothing against Parker personally, sure he’s a good guy but to give a guy who was the WR coach for Duke in 2018, PSU WR coach in 19, WVU WR coach, and then the ND TE coach for a year was a huge miss by ND.

An essentially rookie HC, with a rookie OC, and other inexperienced coaches like Stukey who had one year at Baylor as WR coach before taking over the same spot on ND is ‘22.

Reactions: DublinND
Who cares about sos. We want SC to crumble

Very true, but I’d argue ND ended with someone that wasn’t even in their top 20 (if they had one) when the search started.

Nothing against Parker personally, sure he’s a good guy but to give a guy who was the WR coach for Duke in 2018, PSU WR coach in 19, WVU WR coach, and then the ND TE coach for a year was a huge miss by ND.

An essentially rookie HC, with a rookie OC, and other inexperienced coaches like Stukey who had one year at Baylor as WR coach before taking over the same spot on ND is ‘22.
In a nutshell

Yes that is not an ideal situation for any head coach.
Yes and no.
Let’s not forget that Kelly left us in a terrible position with the timing of his departure so being able to secure an established OC on such short notice was critical, but under normal circumstances I’d agree with you

I agree the buck stops with Freeman. He chose Parker in an internal hire. There were other guys for OC besides Ludwig but Freeman went with the unproven Parker. Bad decision and it burned the program. Parker has to definitely go. And other changes are needed as well. Wr room needs some portal additions. And the on the road performance of this football team has been consistently poor. Come out unprepared and flat in nearly every road game. That's on the HC. Less focus from the HC on media appearances and more on the meat and potatoes of the football program and the lack of execution .
They didn't come out flat yesterday. They actually started off strong. We simply aren't good enough. Our wide receiver room is shit, our QB played poorly, and admitted as much; our punt returner played poorly. It's not flat, we just aren't that good.

They didn't come out flat yesterday. They actually started off strong. We simply aren't good enough. Our wide receiver room is shit, our QB played poorly, and admitted as much; our punt returner played poorly. It's not flat, we just aren't that good.
They've played much better at home than the road. They outplayed a top 3 OSU team at home then struggled at Duke. And lost badly at Louisville and lost yesterday at Clemson to a 4,-4 team. Road woes have been a consistent problem.

Yes. This is old news. Some don't want to know the truth
ND did get the money...but too late. Basically it wasn't approved at signing and the ad couldn't just authorize such a huge over rude without approval.. the balking before final approval resulted in the candidate deciding to withdraw.

Collosal AD dept failure

Do they want to win or not
Delusional...as usual. The guy got cold feet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT