ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing season

SIhoosier26

Posts Like A Champion
Sep 9, 2017
With the talent on this team anything less than 10 wins and a major bowl appearance is unacceptable. Also, based on what we'll be losing we'll be in the same boat (at best) next year.

This is what happens when you cheap out and hire a no name offensive coordinator in house. Embarrassing.

For all the hate and nonsensical comments that were made about Brian Kelly, who for sure wasn’t perfect, everyone needs to understand how difficult it is to win 10 or 11 games a year four years in a row.

With the talent on this team anything less than 10 wins and a major bowl appearance is unacceptable. Also, based on what we'll be losing we'll be in the same boat (at best) next year.

This is what happens when you cheap out and hire a no name offensive coordinator in house. Embarrassing.
There was NO “cheap out”, you’re uninformed !

For all the hate and nonsensical comments that were made about Brian Kelly, who for sure wasn’t perfect, everyone needs to understand how difficult it is to win 10 or 11 games a year four years in a row.
That’s very true !

A few of Brian Kelly's 10 win seasons meant nothing because of the mid major schedules he played.

Yeah. Ludwig should have been the guy. Need to spend some of that ridiculous amount of $ they have

Reactions: NDinNJ
Whatever you want to call it, I don't care.

Parker sucks, has cost us this season and that's a fact.
It isn’t a money issue !

I can’t disagree about the play calling.

But, MF chose Parker, so it’s on him

A few of Brian Kelly's 10 win seasons meant nothing because of the mid major schedules he played.
Pure B.S.

Kelly had no choice in terms of the schedule.

Did he play Central Michigan and Tennessee State ?

Winning 10 games a season for 5 straight seasons is a major accomplishment

It isn’t a money issue !

I can’t disagree about the play calling.

But, MF chose Parker, so it’s on him
I agree the buck stops with Freeman. He chose Parker in an internal hire. There were other guys for OC besides Ludwig but Freeman went with the unproven Parker. Bad decision and it burned the program. Parker has to definitely go. And other changes are needed as well. Wr room needs some portal additions. And the on the road performance of this football team has been consistently poor. Come out unprepared and flat in nearly every road game. That's on the HC. Less focus from the HC on media appearances and more on the meat and potatoes of the football program and the lack of execution .

Reactions: Tru2Irish
I agree the buck stops with Freeman. He chose Parker in an internal hire. There were other guys for OC besides Ludwig but Freeman went with the unproven Parker. Bad decision and it burned the program. Parker has to definitely go. And other changes are needed as well. Wr room needs some portal additions. And the on the road performance of this football team has been consistently poor. Come out unprepared and flat in nearly every road game. That's on the HC. Less focus from the HC on media appearances and more on the meat and potatoes of the football program and the lack of execution .
Was Parker in his wedding party?

Didn't take long. Do you have someone in mind?

He actually chose Ludwig. Swarbrick balked
That’s absolutely NOT true.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

But I’ll give you a chance to redeem yourself.

What was the financial divide between Swarbrick and Ludwig that caused Ludwig to reject Swarbrick’s offer ?

Quantify the amount !

That’s absolutely NOT true.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

But I’ll give you a chance to redeem yourself.

What was the financial divide between Swarbrick and Ludwig that caused Ludwig to reject Swarbrick’s offer ?

Quantify the amount !
Look up my posts about it when it happened. Do your research

Look up my posts about it when it happened. Do your research
I have and my source is eminently more qualified than your “reports”.

I’ll ask you again, quantify the financial divide that caused Ludwig to turn down the offer or admit that you have no idea as to what your talking about

I have and my source is eminently more qualified than your “reports”.

I’ll ask you again, quantify the financial divide that caused Ludwig to turn down the offer or admit that you have no idea as to what your talking about
Do your research. And then provide your source and documents or recordings proving what he said. Not hearsay since I don't trust you at all.

Provide your documents of proof

LMAO, if he hadn’t won ten games those seasons you’d have excoriated him for that. I am not a BK fan but he did, 100% lift this program out of a two decade funk.

The program was a dumpster fire when he arrived. BK is a far better HC than Freeman. Will Freeman get there? I don’t know, the jury is out on that.

Reactions: DublinND
Do your research. And then provide your source and documents or recordings proving what he said. Not hearsay since I don't trust you at all.

Provide your documents of proof
WHY do you refuse to answer a simple question ?

You claim that ND wouldn’t spend the money necessary to secure Ludwig, so the question is, what did Ludwig want and how much was ND only willing to offer ?

Simple question, what was the amount of the financial divide that caused Ludwig to reject ND ?

WHY is it that neither you or your sources can answer that question ?

I’ll provide the answer for you …… there was no financial divide !
Money wasn’t the issue !

You claim that ND wouldn’t spend the money necessary to secure Ludwig, so the question is, what did Ludwig want and how much was ND only willing to offer ?

Simple question, what was the amount of the financial divide that caused Ludwig to reject ND ?

Money wasn’t the issue !
The Salt Lake Tribune reported Ludwig’s buyout to be $2.8 million. The Irish administration not being willing to spent that amount on a candidate head coach Marcus Freeman brought to a Friday night hockey game in South Bend got the masses fired up on Twitter.

W and L’s begin and end with the head coach. There is no passing the buck. It’s that simple

You have to be joking with that number for an offensive coordinator. He probably hasn't made more than that in his career. We are talking about Utah
He would’ve been worth it IMO. This University could’ve paid that without issue. Many coaches have buyouts, usually the only way another university can avoid the buyout is if the coordinator is taking a promotion to HC.

See Elko, and I bet Golden goes on to be a DC at a top 5-6 team this offseason, unless a lower tier program takes him on as a HC.

No doubt but 1/He left ND with its pants down, hate warranted 2/ he was never going to win the big one, ND was due for a change

In 2022 Ludwig’s total compensation from Utah was $ 1,250,000.

Let me repeat, it wasn’t about ND being unwilling to pay the money

Money wasn’t the issue !
Go back and read my posts when it all went down. Seek and ye shall find old man. In not doing your homework

Go back and read my posts when it all went down. Seek and ye shall find old man. In not doing your homework
You still refuse to answer the question for two reasons

1. You don’t know the answer

2. There was no compensation shortfall

Hey, I thought you stated that “ND was loaded with NFL talent at every position.” ?

Where were they today ?

In 2022 Ludwig’s total compensation from Utah was $ 1,250,000 and ND was ready, able and willing to pay him.

‘’HINT: It wasn’t about the money !

You still refuse to answer the question for two reasons

1. You don’t know the answer

2. There was no compensation shortfall

Hey, I thought you stated that “ND was loaded with NFL talent at every position.” ?

Where were they today ?

In 2022 Ludwig’s total compensation from Utah was $ 1,250,000 and ND was ready, able and willing to pay him.

‘’HINT: It wasn’t about the money !
When someone says it wasn't about the money, you know it was definitely about the money

He actually chose Ludwig. Swarbrick balked
The whole story is that powlus was responsible to get the contract details and he got an out dated contract with a low buyout attached...so freeman and co moved forward. They agreed to the deal and were presented with the current buyout which was SIGNIFICANTLY higher and then the ad balked because it was unexpected and unapproved

Powlus ****ed that up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT