ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Golden is Irish !!!!

I was worried that he might be moving away from us given how long he took after all the initial momentum. I agree with Golson, this is a great pick up!

How do you definitively know what this kid will produce at Notre Dame in the future?
I just said, its a great addition for many reasons, not just what he produces on the field. Did you not read that? I think he is a great prospect but I said it's great for many reasons.

No one knows definitively what any kid will produce. And if that is your attitude towards recruiting, thats fine. But then dont follow it because you can say that about every kid and then whats the point of following it if you cant have an opinion on what type a player we just landed

And why did you say it was a good addition to the class, how can you definitively know he was a good addition?

Reactions: sluggo69
I just said, its a great addition for many reasons, not just what he produces on the field. Did you not read that? I think he is a great prospect but I said it's great for many reasons.

No one knows definitively what any kid will produce. And if that is your attitude towards recruiting, thats fine. But then dont follow it because you can say that about every kid and then whats the point of following it if you cant have an opinion on what type a player we just landed

And why did you say it was a good addition to the class, how can you definitively know he was a good addition?
You particularly like the word "great" and "elite" regarding Notre Dame Football players. To each their own.

Hard hitting 4 star filling up defensive crack's from the secondary !
I always read this with sarcasm especially when it's a "hh" 3 star 😂

Golden (great ND name btw) is a composite #100 overall type of recruit.

At Notre Dame this is about as good as it gets from a prospect standpoint but for programs that are fielding national championship t1 rosters this is merely an above average prospect on their roster

At Notre Dame this is about as good as it gets from a prospect standpoint but for programs that are fielding national championship t1 rosters this is merely an above average prospect on their roster
Nonsense

I have never ever seen you post something like this before!

Note to rest of board - chase’s 4th post this cycle where he demeans a top 100 recruit that commits to ND

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
He’s the typical DB ND has been signing for quite some time.
He's better than last years 2 corners. Hes better than Cree Thomas from this year. Hes better than Mickey. Hes better than Tucker. Hes better than the 3 guys who left the program recently Barnes, Riley and Johnson

The only guys we have landed in his class is Morrison and Gray

Hes one of the better corners we have landed in the last 15 years

Reactions: IrishMike409
Is the angst over Micah Bell perhaps related to this commitment?

Last edited:

First of all Notre Dame hasn't landed anyone. All they've gotten is a verbal commitment from an 18 year old kid. I stopped getting excited about verbal commitments years ago. And now with NIL and bag drops, a verbal means less than it ever has. Once the kid signs his LOI and enrolls, then i'll be somewhat excited.

Reactions: Chitown11
First of all Notre Dame hasn't landed anyone. All they've gotten is a verbal commitment from an 18 year old kid. I stopped getting excited about verbal commitments years ago. And now with NIL and bag drops, a verbal means less than it ever has. Once the kid signs his LOI and enrolls, then i'll be somewhat excited.
Okay, that's fine for you. I dont have the same view point

I wonder what type of words you'd have to come up with to describe the type of 5-star top 5 overall players OSU landed at CB in this '25 cycle if they committed to ND instead?

Na'eem Offord: https://247sports.com/player/naeem-offord-46136239/
Devin Sanchez: https://247sports.com/Player/devin-sanchez-46129755/

Would they be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious elite freaking studs?
I would say the same thing. We just landed a stud. If I watched their film and thought they were.

I judge every player individually after I see their offers, see their ratings and watch their film

Golden has as good an offer list as any player in the country. And I know most of the times the difference between a top 10 player and a top 100 player is very small.

It would be based on their film

Actually Eric Hansen.
Hansen is a legend. I don't agree with all of his takes on the ND football program, but I've been reading his work since the 00s and I think he does a good job taking the ego out of his job entirely and just being objective calling balls and strikes as he sees them. He seems like the kind of dude you'd love to have a beer with too.

Last edited:

Lol. Typical chase lack of insight.

This guy would be top 50 and 5 star if he played one or two positions in high school. The only reason he's not is because he plays multiple positions on both sides of the ball.

He's a stud. Period.

Same school as keeley I think. Let’s hope this is turns out differently

Big pick up. He’s highly rated but his hype seems to be more than his rating even.

This tread has gotten a bit crazy. Hell yes, we should be excited by Golden’s commitment. He’s an elite athlete at the high school level, and projects to be the same at college. Yes, it’s only a commitment and non binding, but we sure as hell are dramatically better positioned to get his signature than any other school at this point. We are terribly thin at corner, the position we recruited him to play. This is all good, as good as it gets this time of year. The fact Golson loves this commitment shouldn’t be a basis for hedging our collective excitement over this prospect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT