ADVERTISEMENT

Come Eat Your Crow Folks

Agreed IIO -- it was obvious. But really no imagination on the offensive side of the ball today. Long brought nothing new, no new players, no speed on the back end, and we started very tight. Once Long went out the game got away from them... Too bad. I really like this group of kids and wanted kelly to get a big win. Still looking for that. Not sure what more a coach could do at ND...

Kelly and his coaches got outreached today very big time.

No... We're down because their 5 star, freshman QB looks like Tom Brady out there in the 1st half and their 5 star wide receivers are making great catches and a using ND's coverage... Because that's what the Michael Floyd's of the world do.
But you said Claypool was the next Michael Floyd? You're a dooch.

Reactions: Pennick4
But you said Claypool was the next Michael Floyd? You're a dooch.

No, I said he had Larry Fitz upside if he could ever realize it and grow into his talent level.

Unfortunately he wasn't as good as I thought and still hasn't developed consistency. I overrated him for sure.

F*ck you irishinontario. Go cheer for another team you bitter trader.

The 5 stars that don't matter to the clueless folks on this board can come and eat their crow whenever they want... There is a buffet. Y'all are welcome to get refills....

Trevor Lawrence, their 5 star true freshman quarterback making big time throws that Ian Book can't.

Justyn Ross, their 5 star true freshman wide receiver is running past NDs defensive backs like ND does when theey're playing Navy.

Tee Higgens, their 5 star sophomore WR making a huge concentration catch that a future 1st round pro makes, to end the half.

Those 3 players have literally been the difference in the game. Two freshman and a sophomore.

Cheering my ass off for my Irish, but you cats that don't think recruiting matters are catching a lesson in NFL'ers playing against college players. I'll be happy to see ND keep battling and make some plays in the second half and prove that this is different than 2012 and that they can player better than what we just saw!

Regardless of what happens in the 2nd half I'm proud as hell of this team for what they've accomplished this year, but until something changes about recruiting, you'll keep seeing our kids punked by better players... It's 3-4 players that make the difference.

Show up and battle in the 2nd half ND. Let's go.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
No, I said he had Larry Fitz upside if he could ever realize it and grow into his talent level.

Unfortunately he wasn't as good as I thought and still hasn't developed consistency. I overrated him for sure.
I think the issue is book can’t make a throw to the wide side that chase plays on

It's a combination of coaching and talent. The talent isn't on par with Clemson, but great coaching can narrow that gap and play a competitive game. This ND coaching staff is far from great though.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Boykin and finke won’t sniff nfl... but we targeted Boykin all night

Clemson playing backups almost all fourth quarter.... kelly and the rest of team and coaches need lit up

He will make the NFL on special teams. Hard Working kid.
If you play wide side wr and have a QB scared to throw wide you won’t do much. Books arm and his panicking in pocket eliminate wide side va a respectable D

I stand behind my team through thick and thin. I don't come on here with some holier than though attitude using this loss to ask people to eat crow and gloat. Used to respect what you brought to the table. now you just act like a ****.

Who is bitter!?... I'm not swearing and yelling at anyone. I'm just creating some conversation with the fart sniffers who can't be objective.

Last edited:
Name all their 5 stars that they start on offense

Freshman Lawrence will be a top pick in the NFL at the most important position.

Freshman WR Ross was the #2 WR prospect in the country and a top 15 recruit

Freshman backup WR Derrion Kendrick was a top 50 overall recruit
Sophomore Higgins was the #2 rated WR in the country

Senior Mitch Hyatt was a top 5 OL prospect in the country

Junior RB Feaster was a top 3 RB beaten out by Etienne, a 4stsr

Backup OG Brockhurst was a 5 star until he got injured senior year and didn’t play

Backup OL Carman

When everyone else is a 4 star or a 3/4 star with experience, you see the difference,

Then there’s defense....

DL Thomas and Henry, freshman and part of the rotation. Terrell, Wilkins, Lawrence, etc. etc.

If by that you mean a team that one team has NFL talent amongst its backups and the other team has to wait for 4th and 5th year players to develop who also go to class and major in mechanical engineering, then yeah, you’re right.

Also, you haven’t said anything all year but come piping in here.

I have said plenty this year. I was just stating the facts .
Try not being so thin skin.

Btw I'm sure Clemson offers more than basket weaving

I stand behind my team through thick and thin. I don't come on hear with some holier than though attitude using this lose to ask people to eat crow and gloat. Used to respect what your brought to the table. now you just act like a ****.

Don't be so soft. Some people (they know who they are) have been arguing with us (others on the board) for weeks that ND diesn't need 5 star players. The Clemson guys that embarrassed Notre Dame tonight (Lawrence, Ross, Higgens, Thomas, Hyatt) were thebexzct guys that ND fans on this board mocked us for saying ND needs if they ever want to go into one of these games and not get the shit beat out of them.

Lol. He can't separate. That is why Boykin leads the team in receptions.
Again I’ll educate you.... book doesn’t have confidence in arm to go out wide so he sticks to Boykin always on the short side ... works vs average Ds.... you have to challenge a good D.... book just has no confidence throwing more than 10 yards down field.... you’ll see in the 2020 draft

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT