ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching

They picked 50 players from portal in a month. But- Brom is much better coach and it showed tonight since Lou jolts, we have always been outcoached. Thank you jack

They picked 50 players from portal in a month. But- Brom is much better coach and it showed tonight since Lou jolts, we have always been outcoached. Thank you jack
Well, Kelly put Jack behind the 8 ball

As I said in another thread, this looks like Gerry Faust #2. There is plenty of talent on that roster, except maybe @ WR. (How does ND miss every...single...year...on a decent WR?!) Faust had a load of talent and promptly allowed it to rot by not instilling discipline & toughness. Holtz took over his recruits and had them in the Natty 2 years later.

As I said in another thread, this looks like Gerry Faust #2. There is plenty of talent on that roster, except maybe @ WR. (How does ND miss every...single...year...on a decent WR?!) Faust had a load of talent and promptly allowed it to rot by not instilling discipline & toughness. Holtz took over his recruits and had them in the Natty 2 years later.
Three

If only there was some way of knowing a first time head coach might struggle at Notre Dame.

Knowledge like that would have been invaluable for JS had he had it at the time

Jack could’ve hired a dozen other coaches but I’m sorry to say he let himself fall into the Black Lives Matter trash permeating the nation at the time.

There can be no other reason to give the reigns to the ND FB program to a 35 yr old rookie head coach with only a few years as a DC. It was asinine.

Jack could’ve hired a dozen other coaches but I’m sorry to say he let himself fall into the Black Lives Matter trash permeating the nation at the time.

There can be no other reason to give the reigns to the ND FB program to a 35 yr old rookie head coach with only a few years as a DC. It was asinine.
Another bullshit racist post.

Another bullshit racist post.
Everything is rAciSt..

Are you telling me there weren’t a few dozen more qualified coaches out there at that time? I’ve said numerous times that I think highly of Freeman as a man but he wasn’t ready to command a major program with no HC experience.

I remember sports media applying a lot of pressure on MD to hire Freeman.

Again, just another bullshit racist post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT