ADVERTISEMENT

Cecil the Lion.

The unemployment in Zimbabwe is huge. That is what the people there are concerned about. They have water and health issues. Give us data that proves the tourist industry will be hurt by the lion's killing.

The unemployment in Zimbabwe is huge. That is what the people there are concerned about. They have water and health issues. Give us data that proves the tourist industry will be hurt by the lion's killing.

IrishJack, what do you have against Lions? What would this world be like without them? Or Rhinos or other soon to be extinct animals because of scumbags like the dentist? Do you want the whole world just paved and full of mini malls and Arbys?.

Where in any of my comments have I said or implied that I have anything against Lions? In fact, read up my comments and you will clearly see that I said "The killed lion is a sad story" What else do you want from me? Over the top unachievable bloodlust towards a dentist I will never meet? How do you get from me not liking lions to me wanting the whole world paved and full of mini malls and Arbys? Where anywhere is this even slightly implied in my comments? All that nonsense are your words, not mine. Mischaracterization is no way to support your argument. So, let's stop the over reaction and wonder why you don't have the same heated public feelings about a pilot in a cage that was set on fire or Christians that were beheaded or unborn little ones whose dissected body parts are sold illegally or the innocent children that are murdered in inner city neighborhoods with barely a notice. That's the real tragedy. Don't be upset with me. I didn't kill the lion and I just saw a headline that said his "brother" Jericho has been killed illegally. Fasten your seat belt.

Let me start out by saying that I do not own a gun, have never hunted in my life, and believe all life is sacred. That said, the host country made this experience available to this man. He paid $50,000 to hunt a lion. There was a team helping him get what he paid to do. You would assume the team to be experts on the law of their own country.

Everyone is acting as if this 'single' person dropped marshmallows against strong advice from the team to lure this lion out of its habitat. Can we all take a deep breath and stop being manipulated by the media for one second and see both sides of the story.

I personally do not agree with hunting big game but that does not make it illegal. If this guy trusted his team to obey the law (which shelling out $50,000 investment would indicate) then there has to be another story out there we are not hearing.

Let me start out by saying that I do not own a gun, have never hunted in my life, and believe all life is sacred. That said, the host country made this experience available to this man. He paid $50,000 to hunt a lion. There was a team helping him get what he paid to do. You would assume the team to be experts on the law of their own country.

Everyone is acting as if this 'single' person dropped marshmallows against strong advice from the team to lure this lion out of its habitat. Can we all take a deep breath and stop being manipulated by the media for one second and see both sides of the story.

I personally do not agree with hunting big game but that does not make it illegal. If this guy trusted his team to obey the law (which shelling out $50,000 investment would indicate) then there has to be another story out there we are not hearing.
Plus, last l looked this is a Notre Dame football board. It is a ridiculous topic and doesn't belong here.
You are spot on. The outrage, in large part, should be directed at the host country that puts $10s of thousands in the bank for these "hunts". "Yeah, let's go on an ND football board, express outrage and write how we would like to f up the dentist while others are probably killing as we speak.... all legal...." It is beyond dumb as a topic here. The vitriol expressed by some is borderline "hysteria". I wonder how many of the current crop were calling for Shembo to be drawn and quartered. This ND football board is one f'd up place due to some serious mental deficients.

Plus, last l looked this is a Notre Dame football board. It is a ridiculous topic and doesn't belong here.
You are spot on. The outrage, in large part, should be directed at the host country that puts $10s of thousands in the bank for these "hunts". "Yeah, let's go on an ND football board, express outrage and write how we would like to f up the dentist while others are probably killing as we speak.... all legal...." It is beyond dumb as a topic here. The vitriol expressed by some is borderline "hysteria". I wonder how many of the current crop were calling for Shembo to be drawn and quartered. This ND football board is one f'd up place due to some serious mental deficients.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT