ADVERTISEMENT

Cecil the Lion.

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
I am as right wing as they come but I am very upset about the Murder of Cecil the Lion !
Sean Hannity is a heartless POS ! He compared the killing of Cecil to the killing of a fish or chicken !
No grey area for old Sean !!

*** I respect hunters who hunt animals like deer and rabbits for food. But I don't respect trophy hunters like the Minnesota dentist who travels to Africa an bribes locals to bait out a lion for him to kill skin and behead!
Those locals are in trouble so the dentist should be too!

Hannity is a POS, he espouses the same right wing nonsense as No1e. Imagine what a terrible world it would be if anyone took these traitors seriously.

I am as right wing as they come but I am very upset about the Murder of Cecil the Lion !
Sean Hannity is a heartless POS ! He compared the killing of Cecil to the killing of a fish or chicken !

*** I respect hunters who hunt animals like deer and rabbits for food. But I don't respect trophy hunters like the Minnesota dentist who travels to Africa an bribes locals to bait out a lion for him to kill skin and behead!

Bodi - for once, you and I may have found something that we agree on.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I agree 100%. I'm not a hunter and while I don't like it, as long as you are hunting for food it's none of my business.

However killing animals just for sport sucks. Why not bring a camera and take shots that way?

Let's count the lions:

Hummmm.........there's Cecil the Lion............and Lion King............and then there's Lyin Argus, et al :eek:

I agree 100%. I'm not a hunter and while I don't like it, as long as you are hunting for food it's none of my business.

However killing animals just for sport sucks. Why not bring a camera and take shots that way?

I'm not a hunter either, but I tend to give hunting a lot of leeway since my life habits aren't exactly pro-animal either, since I'm not a vegetarian. At the same time, there seems to be a difference in my mind about shooting a deer in a population where there are many deer, versus paying a significant amount of money to shoot at a distance a rather majestic animal that is considered to be "threatened" in terms of extinct status.

Reactions: end_23
Shooting that lion was disgusting and no one can call luring an animal away from the park, corralling him towards the hunter and killing him sport. What a POS, at minimum I hope he loses his dental practice. Maybe he could shoot Hannitty and hang his head on his wall!

It is a pretty sad story and we've heard about it incessantly on the news. There was no sport in that type of hunting.

But damn, the attention this story is getting in comparison to the planned parenthood travesty is just downright sickening. Sad statement on the state of affairs in our country.

Sorry Bodi, didn't mean to discount your post.

It is a pretty sad story and we've heard about it incessantly on the news. There was no sport in that type of hunting.

But damn, the attention this story is getting in comparison to the planned parenthood travesty is just downright sickening. Sad statement on the state of affairs in our country.

Sorry Bodi, didn't mean to discount your post.

Not sure that things necessarily need to be put into perspective or that this is a sad statement on the state of affairs. Truthfully, think of how much time people spend talking about sports, as opposed to actual issues that "matter". I'm not sure the lion story vs. the planned parenthood story tells us something that we don't already know, acknowledge and participate in.

This is a wonderful ND football topic. Well done!

Is there any way we can get a cease fire on this developing Cgvr-Bodi vendetta?

The whole Argus-No1e thing is bad enough.

Its like the board has been exposed to a Captain Ahab virus.

Last edited:
I Am a lifelong hunter (never had the opportunity to "trophy" hunt though). I agree that there is a difference between hunting and shooting or killing. In my opinion using bait to lure an animal is not fair, but to each their own.

One side of the argument that a lot of anti-hunters forget is the amount of money hunters use to help out conservation. I think 90% of conservation dollars are produced by hunting licenses. Now in places like Africa most of the time the huge amount of money it costs to hunt is the main source of income for that area and usually most of the meat and other parts of the animal are consumed by locals.

Now I do to know all of the exact details of this dentist (I bet most people don't know all the details either) but if he really did lure the lion out just to shoot it from a truck, he is not a real hunter, but just a trophy killer. But at the end of the day does his life need to be ruined for this? After all at the end of the day "Cecil" is just a lion that was given a human name. I bet there are lions killed every single day, both legal and illegal that we will never hear of.

Is there any way we can get a cease fire on this developing Cgvr-Bodi vendetta?

The whole Argus-No1e thing is bad enough.

Its like the board has been exposed to a Captain Ahab virus.
Sorry IJD98 I will shut it down.

Reactions: irishalice
Just add a cute name to a animal and that is all it takes for a bleeding heart like you...at least a hundred lions are killed every year as well as a 100 lions are born. get over it.

Was it wrong? Certainly, but the amount of time and energy wasted on this topic by the media and pubic officials is truly stunning.

Our inner cities are war zones with far too many young people getting murdered every day. Trying to dig out of a nearly decade recession where many people lost their homes. ISIS beheading and murdering people across the Middle East. Ebola. The thousands of atrocities that take place in Africa on a weekly basis. Children across the globe that don't have even minimal food or shelter... and we are getting worked up over a single lion?

If that's the worst thing to happen in the world I for one will get on my knees and thank the Lord for fixing all of the real tragedies plaguing the world.

Was it wrong? Certainly, but the amount of time and energy wasted on this topic by the media and pubic officials is truly stunning.

Our inner cities are war zones with far too many young people getting murdered every day. Trying to dig out of a nearly decade recession where many people lost their homes. ISIS beheading and murdering people across the Middle East. Ebola. The thousands of atrocities that take place in Africa on a weekly basis. Children across the globe that don't have even minimal food or shelter... and we are getting worked up over a single lion?

If that's the worst thing to happen in the world I for one will get on my knees and thank the Lord for fixing all of the real tragedies plaguing the world.

For your second statement, can't you say that about almost everything? Considering the issues our world faces, isn't the amount of time and energy wasted on sports by the media (and by fans) truly stunning and a sad commentary on our society?

For your second statement, can't you say that about almost everything? Considering the issues our world faces, isn't the amount of time and energy wasted on sports by the media (and by fans) truly stunning and a sad commentary on our society?

Sports, at least for me, is a temporary escape. We watch sports so that we can maintain some balance.

The amount of time spent in outrage over this incident in comparison to all the other tragedies in the world is ridiculous. If you want real tragedy, horrific tragedy just drive north a few hours from where this lion killing took place to Congo and you'll see real tragedy.

Sorry, but on my list of tragedies for this year alone that one is somewhere in the millions. This is just PC and it's not nearly as unpleasant as what happens in Congo or Syria so it's much easier for us to put on our moral superiority hats and condemn.

Sports, at least for me, is a temporary escape. We watch sports so that we can maintain some balance.

The amount of time spent in outrage over this incident in comparison to all the other tragedies in the world is ridiculous. If you want real tragedy, horrific tragedy just drive north a few hours from where this lion killing took place to Congo and you'll see real tragedy.

Sorry, but on my list of tragedies for this year alone that one is somewhere in the millions. This is just PC and it's not nearly as unpleasant as what happens in Congo or Syria so it's much easier for us to put on our moral superiority hats and condemn.

I don't think it has anything to do with political correctness. Sports may be an escape for you, but for some people, TV, celebrity gossip, animals, etc., are just escapes.

For what it's worth - and it may not be much - I just don't view perspective posts as being that valuable. I didn't need the death of a lion, or anything else, to tell me that our priorities are generally in the wrong place (and, generally, I'm OK with that).

This thread topic is nonsense. Where do you think leather footballs come from ? cant believe this is a story. Yes unfortunate but not to the level its reached.

No outrage at the beheadings of Christians by ISIS. No outrage at Planned Parenthood. No outrage for Kate Steinle. No outrage at the daily murders in the poor neighborhoods of Chicago. Massive outrage for a lion. This is not a Disney movie.

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
No outrage at the beheadings of Christians by ISIS. No outrage at Planned Parenthood. No outrage for Kate Steinle. No outrage at the daily murders in the poor neighborhoods of Chicago. Massive outrage for a lion. This is not a Disney movie.

No outrage by whom? I've seen plenty of outrage about the items you speak about. I've also seen a lot of people who are desensitized by the world.

One shot One kill. Respect the process.
Robert-De-Niro-in-The-Deer-Hunter-the-deer-hunter-22913857-685-385.jpg

This thread topic is nonsense. Where do you think leather footballs come from ? cant believe this is a story. Yes unfortunate but not to the level its reached.

In today's social media world, generally most of the things which reach a high level shouldn't be as big a story as they are.

Hannity is a troll and a douche. Arrogant and a heartless pos too. He's uneducated so it's impossible for him to understand the difference between a pig getting slaughtered and a person savagely killing a legendary lion. Cecil forever!!!!!!!!

Dude, it wasn't just some animal... it was a national symbol and brought in a lot of money to the country via tourism. Absolute BS... guy is a deviant mess and should get what he has coming to him.

I must admit when I heard about this story it pushed my blood boiled beyond the breaking point. This blood thirsty idiot not only killed a valuable protected animal, but it affects all the cats in that pride. There's only around 25,000 of those beautiful creatures left in the world. He deserves imprisonment but will get away with a small fine.

Ara, Bodi

I am with you Only I am more fanatical I want to beat the living _____- out of that small man syndrome POS He should be hung and tortured don't get me started I hope he loses his practice, his staff quits on him and he has to really go hunting --- for a job

Will someone like the crazed colorado shooter please take aim? these crazies who want their name remembered -- well here is your opportunity I am beyond normal on this issue so no need to tell me how nuts I am

The people of Zimbabwe are not as hyper about the incident as Americans are here. America needs to take that energy and use it for the more important causes that I mentioned above that actually affect the lives of humans. Are Kimmel and Betty White crying for young lives lost in inner city Chicago? Did Kimmel pound his chest when the Jordanian pilot was burned alive in a cage? What about the execution of Christians by ISIS? No social outrage. No celebs. No Betty White. No weepy Jimmy Kimmel. BTW: now that the dominant lion has been killed, another will take its place and kill the young of the dead lion. I'm sure Betty White didn't think of that. The killed lion is a sad story. The human suffering and death is much much worse.

Reactions: 12ndnc
Dude, it wasn't just some animal... it was a national symbol and brought in a lot of money to the country via tourism. Absolute BS... guy is a deviant mess and should get what he has coming to him.

I'm sure the cow that was killed to make that football could not care less about being a national symbol.

I've hunted for five decades and still do, and never once for sport. Even the grizzly I've killed we ate though I did have a rug made from the hide but that's the only animal I've killed i've kept a trophy from.

irish jack is off base. Maybe the public in Zimbabwe doesn't care because they're most likely ignorant. The government certainly does care because they will lose millions of dollars in the tourism industry now that Cecil is no mas.

It's up to the woman to have or not have an abortion. If the woman doesn't understand that that's a child in her gut then there isn't a whole lot we can do. Some women are just heartless and stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT