ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly

Winning percentage doesn't mean squat if you NEVER WIN the BIG GAMES, the games that MATTER MOST!
Yeah you're right-----Marshall and Stanford at 3-9 don't matter.

Getting embarassed on National TV vs The Ville doesn't matter.

Because there's that great recruiting.

LOL

Too early to tell. Saturday could be a turning point. Otherwise 4 to 6 loss average season. I honestly don't know at this point. With Kelly you knew what you were going to get. 9 and 4ish type seasons with the occasional run to the playoff. I figured we would take a hit when he left unless we hired a proven coach.

Last edited:
Yeah except he won 63 in his last 6 seasons with a CFB Playoff appearance so 9 and 4ish isn't real accurate is it ?

Yeah except he won 63 in his last 6 seasons with a CFB Playoff appearance so 9 and 4ish isn't real accurate is it ?
It was a great run those last 5 years. But he didn’t ever keep it close in the playoffs, not once. I was rooting for him until he blamed everyone else. And he has 6 losses in 18 games at LSU.

Lots to improve there

It was a great run those last 5 years. But he didn’t ever keep it close in the playoffs, not once. I was rooting for him until he blamed everyone else. And he has 6 losses in 18 games at LSU.

Lots to improve there
Clemson beat Alabama in the title game in 2018 44-16, Alabama beat Ohio St. 52-24 in the 2020 title game.

Notre Dame had some good company.

Last edited:
LSU beat Clemson ugly. UGA destroyed TCU. It happens. It’s just a flaw when it’s ND I suppose.

Reactions: BGI User 756
He's also up 17-0 against a really good Mississippi st team in the 2nd quarter
BUMPING THIS.

CHASS swears he knows football…and claimed that Miss State was a really good team. He was called out then by me and others….

Miss State this year is 1-7 in the SEC ( they beat Arky 7-3) but they did beat SE Louisiana, Western Mich, Southern Miss and Ari

BUMPING THIS.

CHASS swears he knows football…and claimed that Miss State was a really good team. He was called out then by me and others….

Miss State this year is 1-7 in the SEC ( they beat Arky 7-3) but they did beat SE Louisiana, Western Mich, Southern Miss and Ari
No chance they would beat AZ now the way they are playing

To borrow a quote from a Nikki Haley, “ he was the right person at the right time”. This is how I think of Kelly’s tenure at ND. He inherited a program on the decline, and he built the program back to respectability. Under Kelly, we became accustomed to annual 10 win seasons, and the propensity of losing high profile games in embarrassing fashion. Personally, I never Warmed to his northeast politician-like personality, but I respected his top ten coaching abilities. But, there is no denying that the way he chose to leave ND was classless in the extreme, and he deserves all the loathing expressed here and elsewhere.

To borrow a quote from a Nikki Haley, “ he was the right person at the right time”. This is how I think of Kelly’s tenure at ND. He inherited a program on the decline, and he built the program back to respectability. Under Kelly, we became accustomed to annual 10 win seasons, and the propensity of losing high profile games in embarrassing fashion. Personally, I never Warmed to his northeast politician-like personality, but I respected his top ten coaching abilities. But, there is no denying that the way he chose to leave ND was classless in the extreme, and he deserves all the loathing expressed here and elsewhere.
Good post. Brian Kelly is a top 10 head coach in CFB who is being paid like a top 10 head coach in CFB. Deservedly so. And will continue to be paid as such.

And like you, I am thankful for BK's 12 seasons in South Bend. And I agree, how BK departed was handled poorly, and I have zero problem with posters expressing as such.

It's comforting to know that some things will always remain the same!
He did change his sideline demeanor the last few seasons at Notre Dame. I actually missed him going apoplectic on the sidelines because I felt like that's when he remained passionate about football. After the demeanor change, it really felt like he lost his juice for the game.

Kelly was a needed hire for someone else to be able to come in after him to elevate the program to national championship contender.

He did change his sideline demeanor the last few seasons at Notre Dame. I actually missed him going apoplectic on the sidelines because I felt like that's when he remained passionate about football. After the demeanor change, it really felt like he lost his juice for the game.
"....lost his juice for the game..." Kelly's teams were 44-6 his last 4 seasons.

Why are we even discussing him. He's been gone 2 years now. ND is moving into a much better position than when he was at ND. ND is on the cusp of greatness, 2024 is going to be make or break for Freeman. The coaching on both sides of the ball are at a championship level. The talent still has some holes but, this team should definitely make the playoffs next year.

I wasn't a fan of how Kelly left, but I wouldn't say we are in a better position now. Maybe we will be soon. To be determined.

Why are we even discussing him. He's been gone 2 years now. ND is moving into a much better position than when he was at ND. ND is on the cusp of greatness, 2024 is going to be make or break for Freeman. The coaching on both sides of the ball are at a championship level. The talent still has some holes but, this team should definitely make the playoffs next year.
Kelly is like the proverbial neighbors dog who is out on the front lawn legs spread dragging his arse across the lawn!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT