ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Lol, just grabbed tight end by the collar and screamed at him until purple faced!!!! ESPN got a great shot of it

Lol, just grabbed tight end by the collar and screamed at him until purple faced!!!! ESPN got a great shot of it
He's not getting that home NBC camera treatment where they let him have his temper tantrums in private off camera like when he was here at ND

Reactions: Chitown11
Reactions: notredame79
Don't worry. Kelly is the same insufferable prick he's always been. Just imagine a couple of seasons ago....it will come back to you.
He's also up 17-0 against a really good Mississippi st team in the 2nd quarter

TE’s response was classic! “Coach, I love it when you talk dirty!’

Also ranked #20 in F+ with a 21st ranked defense.
Miss State is 0-10 against Bama the last decade
Miss State 0-9 against Bama last decade

Miss State 3-7 against LSU the last 10 games

Miss State 5-5 against Ole Miss last 10 games

Miss State 5-5 against A+M last 10 games

Miss State 4-4 against Kentucky last 8 games

Miss State was 6-7 in 2019, 4-7 in 2020, 7-6 in 2021, 9-4 in 2022.

In that timeframe, Miss State has lost to Texas Tech, Ville, Tenn, Arkansas, Memphis as well.

This year they beat Southwest Louisiana, and beat Arizona in OT. To date in 2023 Arizona has beaten UTEP and Northern Arizona.

And yet you claim Miss State is “really good”? Lmfao you are a fraud. Thanks for the lay-up

Reactions: NDinNJ
What would ND's record be this year, so far....if BK were still here? First off...there would be no Sam Hartman. Would Pyne or Buchner have beaten NC State....or CMU for that matter? He needed to go. He was right about one thing. He did about as much at ND as he was able to. And thats why he needed to go.

What would ND's record be this year, so far....if BK were still here? First off...there would be no Sam Hartman. Would Pyne or Buchner have beaten NC State....or CMU for that matter? He needed to go. He was right about one thing. He did about as much at ND as he was able to. And thats why he needed to go.

You summarized it well. CBK reached his ceiling at ND. Good program manager who restored ND to being competitive...good but not great recruiter, not always accurate judge of talent, and certainly not a top game day coach. Finally, I don't think he got that special inspiration from players that Holtz could...like Freeman surely does.

I've nothing but good wishes for CBK. But when I think of CBK, I think of Freeman, who at this moment promises to be what CBK was not. Like Sanders at Colorado, Freeman is a charismatic anchor, but with text book discipline and authority. Freeman and staff can identity and develop talent, having the optimal game plan, against any level of competition.

Freeman got Hartman. Something I don't believe CBK could or would do. Freeman has grown fast. Maybe just maybe, he puts together a NC run during this year of increasing parity and volatility in college football?

Freeman is making CBK a memory. As it should be.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
BTW: I had severe doubts about Freeman when he started. The odds were against him without prior head coaching experience. ND has not done well making such hires. And I also thought he was in over his head.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong. I really now think he has much more upside than CBK. Again, a player's coach, a former player, who can coach too.

The only thing is Freeman is fighting the sands of college football change. But so far so good. Sure seems to be doing more with ND than CBK with LSU.

BTW: I had severe doubts about Freeman when he started. The odds were against him without prior head coaching experience. ND has not done well making such hires. And I also thought he was in over his head.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong. I really now think he has much more upside than CBK. Again, a player's coach, a former player, who can coach too.

The only thing is Freeman is fighting the sands of college football change. But so far so good. Sure seems to be doing more with ND than CBK with LSU.
Proven wrong?

He took an 11-2 team and made them 9-4 with losses to Stanford and Marshall. Perhaps a better coach wins the bowl game against Okie State as well.

They’re 4-0 against three teams that have no where near the caliber of athlete that ND does. NC State was nice but that game was closer than the final score IMO.

Even if Freeman goes 12-1 this year, we have no idea if he can build and maintain a program. Its year 2.

Proven wrong?

He took an 11-2 team and made them 9-4 with losses to Stanford and Marshall. Perhaps a better coach wins the bowl game against Okie State as well.

They’re 4-0 against three teams that have no where near the caliber of athlete that ND does. NC State was nice but that game was closer than the final score IMO.

Even if Freeman goes 12-1 this year, we have no idea if he can build and maintain a program. Its year 2.

I spoke a hopeful future, succeeding when things are stacked against ND and Freeman in the emerging colleges landscape. Right?

I just seem some signs that might make my statistical guess wrong. I agree it is early and there is a long season to play...this coming weekend will speak loudly on this.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
One thing Freeman is willing to do is adjust and adapt. There isn't that stubbornness that Kelly seems to have. Recruiting is an example of that. He got burned by the Dante Moore fools gold...and learned from it. Now, he casts a wider net. Kelly is Kelly. Its early, for sure. But at least ND isn't playing from behind. If ND beats OSU....that alone will create substantial separation between Freeman and Kelly.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
He's not getting that home NBC camera treatment where they let him have his temper tantrums in private off camera like when he was here at ND
Actually the opposite occurred. But you remain perfectly inaccurate as ever

Proven wrong?

You either have IT or you dont. He has IT.

Previous guy got out at the right time. He didnt recruit the QB or WR position well and we were left with subpar guys there

That 11 win team was seriously flawed. We didnt beat 1 ranked team and struggled mightily.

Talent had dropped as you saw with the past 2 NFL drafts.

That has changed. Recruiting has picked up. Team looks different.

Arrow definitely pointing up

MF as head coach at ND is exceeding BK on/off the field
Go undefeated in the regular season and make a championship game in your first 3 seasons, and three trips to a final 4 in your coaching tenure and you will be correct.

Beating Navy, Tennessee State, NC State, and Central Michigan does not cut it, nor does losing to Stanford and Marshall at home in season 1.

Go undefeated in the regular season and make a championship game in your first 3 seasons, and three trips to a final 4 in your coaching tenure and you will be correct.

Beating Navy, Tennessee State, NC State, and Central Michigan does not cut it, nor does losing to Stanford and Marshall at home in season 1.
Win 1 playoff game and he surpasses him. Win a NY6 and your trending ahead

Don't lose all your playoff, bcs nc game and all your NY6 games in 12 years and throughout your entire career
You gotta earn your way in to play in those games against those SEC schools like an Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State.

"...we ain't come here to play school."

Sort of a common denominator with those schools.

Last edited:
You gotta earn your way in to play in those games against those SEC schools like an Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State.

"...we ain't come here to play school."

Sort of a common denominator with those schools.
Gotta win 1 in over 15 years

Proven wrong?

Please, Freeman's already proven it by going out and bringing in Hartman. He was at least smart enough to realize that Pyne and Buchner weren't the answer.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Please, Freeman's already proven it by going out and bringing in Hartman. He was at least smart enough to realize that Pyne and Buchner weren't the answer.
Freeman has proven what?

Brian Kelly brought in Jack Coan when Book left and he had Buchner and Pyne remaining.

Stop with the facts please! 😜

You either have IT or you dont. He has IT.

Previous guy got out at the right time. He didnt recruit the QB or WR position well and we were left with subpar guys there

That 11 win team was seriously flawed. We didnt beat 1 ranked team and struggled mightily.

Talent had dropped as you saw with the past 2 NFL drafts.

That has changed. Recruiting has picked up. Team looks different.

Arrow definitely pointing up
I agree the 2021 team wasn’t all that good. Freeman still should have beaten Okie State, Marshall, and Stanford.

I also agree that he seems to have a sort of IT factor, but that’s more about being charismatic. He seems to be putting a real effort into recruiting.

That’s great, but can he coach and develop a program? We won’t know that until year 3-4 and beyond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT