ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Driskell just dropped some deets on Stuckey and the wr room

How is it that according to Freemman and Driskell, Stuckey was a bad coach who could not develop or teach and created locker room cancer - but firing him results in 4 receivers transferring?????
Wouldn’t they stay if he was so bad snd fired?

This is looking re as on bad on Freeman and his buddy Parker. Brady Quinn says it’s a big mess

Notre Dame has lost 9 players to the transfer portal since Monday.Including 4 wide receivers. Someone from the remaining coaching staff (looking at you Marcus Freeman) is gonna have to stand up and let people know what in the world is going on. Again —. Wtf is going on?

Last edited:
This will all play out. Sucks losing players. I will say this. All year , if you watched the games , the receivers were the achilles heel for the offense. Maybe Freeman simply said enough, we need better production. So he fired Stuckey. Just speculation on my part. Whatever happened, this will all work out one way or another. I do think that if a player is coming to ND with an idea if “ instant gratification “ , then that player will most likely leave if he isn’t on the field right away. The NIL and portal have totally changed the way you recruit. In a perfect world ND would get the best possible players who have long term goals. I think that type of student athlete is more likely to stay and get a degree even if the playing time is low. It’s really hard please every player. The way it is set up now , they can just leave and go elsewhere. One more thing I’d like to add. Just look at the recent players who left for “ greener pastures “. Winbush, Pyne, Buchner Jurcavec to name a few. How did it work out for them ?

This will all play out. Sucks losing players. I will say this. All year , if you watched the games , the receivers were the achilles heel for the offense. Maybe Freeman simply said enough, we need better production. So he fired Stuckey. Just speculation on my part. Whatever happened, this will all work out one way or another. I do think that if a player is coming to ND with an idea if “ instant gratification “ , then that player will most likely leave if he isn’t on the field right away. The NIL and portal have totally changed the way you recruit. In a perfect world ND would get the best possible players who have long term goals. I think that type of student athlete is more likely to stay and get a degree even if the playing time is low. It’s really hard please every player. The way it is set up now , they can just leave and go elsewhere. One more thing I’d like to add. Just look at the recent players who left for “ greener pastures “. Winbush, Pyne, Buchner Jurcavec to name a few. How did it work out for them ?
I understand your point...but all of the examples you cited are all quarterbacks....not receivers. And it looks like ND is getting Leonard...which likely causes a ripple affect in the quarterback room. The receiver room...bad as it was...is now gutted with an uncertain quarterback situation. Freeman is looking like the "Band Aid" coach....where both coaches and players are concerned. The only solid component is Al Golden. The portal is a universal variable....but ND is sticking out like a sore thumb. If Freeman cannot import a proven, experienced receiver's coach....and instead opts for more inbreeding....it will be a rough couple of years. JMO.

How is it that according to Freemman and Driskell, Stuckey was a bad coach who could not develop or teach and created locker room cancer - but firing him results in 4 receivers transferring?????

This is looking re as on bad on Freeman and his buddy Parker. Brady Quinn says it’s a big mess

Notre Dame has lost 9 players to the transfer portal since Monday.Including 4 wide receivers. Someone from the remaining coaching staff (looking at you Marcus Freeman) is gonna have to stand up and let people know what in the world is going on. Again —. Wtf is going on?
3, not 4

I understand your point...but all of the examples you cited are all quarterbacks....not receivers. And it looks like ND is getting Leonard...which likely causes a ripple affect in the quarterback room. The receiver room...bad as it was...is now gutted with an uncertain quarterback situation. Freeman is looking like the "Band Aid" coach....where both coaches and players are concerned. The only solid component is Al Golden. The portal is a universal variable....but ND is sticking out like a sore thumb. If Freeman cannot import a proven, experienced receiver's coach....and instead opts for more inbreeding....it will be a rough couple of years. JMO.
True. None of this is a good look for ND. Ultimately Freeman is the head coach and all the drama starts and ends with him. Again I am not in the “ know” on anything. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. I like Freeman and really hope he gets this figured out. ND is sort of in a box. One thing I think is going to be interesting to watch. How much support will the new AD give the football program? I think Freeman’s vision and the vision of the new AD need to be the same. Otherwise success for the football program will be tough to achieve. Right now it’s kind of a transitional period. After the bowl game, things will settle down and we will probably see where things are headed into the spring.

Depends on what “will all work out” means. Will we field a team? Yes.

What do you mean this will all play out, you mean the universe isn't just going to fold in on itself and implode into nothingness? Of course it's going to play out, everything 'plays out'. And it seems like it's already played out. WR coach is fired, and 4 WRs transferred. Damage done, and situation pretty much already played out. With next season about nine months away.

I guess we could now pick up a WR transfer or two in the portal and that has yet to play out....

You do realize ND has to get rid of something like 15 players right? Now Im sure Rico and Tobias were not expected. Although I figured Tobias would go. I thought he’d be gone when I watched him on YouTube in July. Didnt seem bought in. But the sky is not falling. Expect 5-10 more.

What do you mean this will all play out, you mean the universe isn't just going to fold in on itself and implode into nothingness? Of course it's going to play out, everything 'plays out'. And it seems like it's already played out. WR coach is fired, and 4 WRs transferred. Damage done, and situation pretty much already played out. With next season about nine months away.

I guess we could now pick up a WR transfer or two in the portal and that has yet to play out....

Well yes , what is already done is done. But we really don’t know who the new receivers coach will be. We don’t know what effect this will have on recruiting. You are correct, receivers from the portal are on the table I would think. But my overall point was in a month or so we might see who is still here as assistants and if any new coaches and even players are added.

Well yes , what is already done is done. But we really don’t know who the new receivers coach will be. We don’t know what effect this will have on recruiting. You are correct, receivers from the portal are on the table I would think. But my overall point was in a month or so we might see who is still here as assistants and if any new coaches and even players are added.
I know, man, I was just being a dick. There is more to play out I suppose. Hopefully this might open up the door to a new offensive asst. who could be a OC, and that would be cool. We definitely need a new position coach now in any event. And then we probably need a WR or two from the portal. So that can start playing out too. Hopefully another Ben Skowrenek!

Reactions: tkirish
For what it's worth I'm hearing that the Stuckey dismissal was not football related in any way. Personal conduct code issues.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Thi
This is what bias does. You follow ND so closely and you think this problem is unique to ND. If you were a Kansas State fan you would be saying the same thing and calling Kleiman a “band-aid” coach. This is what the NIL and transfer portal era looks like. We will be upgrading the WR room and QB room through the portal. It is naturally for humans to be wary of change and not want to accept it. I promise this new era will benefit ND more than hurt ND.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Thi

This is what bias does. You follow ND so closely and you think this problem is unique to ND. If you were a Kansas State fan you would be saying the same thing and calling Kleiman a “band-aid” coach. This is what the NIL and transfer portal era looks like. We will be upgrading the WR room and QB room through the portal. It is naturally for humans to be wary of change and not want to accept it. I promise this new era will benefit ND more than hurt ND.
But it does suck for ND because we can't just bring in transfers just as easy as we lose them. Unlike K-State. Because the requirements are too stringent. That's what's different and peculiar to ND. Maybe Stanford is in the same boat. It's like the roach motel or some shit, guys can check out, but they can't check in!

Since the Louisville game, virtually everyone in the fan base wanted Parker’s scalp. But then out of the blue the WR coach is being sold as the primary reason the offense, specifically the passing game was an inconsistent and dysfunctional mess?

Why? Because Driskell and his famous, unnamed and anonymous sources said so? That hack and his sources are about as reliable as a 1991 Geo Metro with bald tires.

that guy lost me when he was claiming Buchner was a dynamic QB. 😂

ND currently has one of the fewest number of transfer losses so far. I think only 8 or 9 other FBS schools have fewer transfer losses than ND.

Reactions: IrishExpert2288
that guy lost me when he was claiming Buchner was a dynamic QB. 😂
ND currently has one of the fewest number of transfer losses so far. I think only 8 or 9 other FBS schools have fewer transfer losses than ND.
This isn't accurate

Actually the list of people leaving is very underwhelming.... especially the list of receivers. Rico Flores, is the only one you could say stings! Once the portal is done all will settle down and be fine! Lol I am sure the coaches are well aware of what's happening! Realistically CMF does not have to tell you or I or anyone anything!😁

Actually the list of people leaving is very underwhelming.... especially the list of receivers. Rico Flores, is the only one you could say stings! Once the portal is done all will settle down and be fine! Lol I am sure the coaches are well aware of what's happening! Realistically CMF does not have to tell you or I or anyone anything!😁
Losing Rico Flores barley stings

Reactions: IRISHHOLLAND3
Thi

Then this will be the first change in the modern college football era that will benefit Notre Dame more than hurts it.

Braylon James, Merriweather, Tyree and Flores, no?
It doesn't sting in the sense that ND lost a lot of production in that group. My disappointment is the talent we're losing. I think all 4 of those guys have a lot of potential and could turn into studs. But usually when a guy transfers from ND, it ends up not being that big a disappointment. When is the last time ND had a guy transfer and they turned into a first round draft pick?

It doesn't sting in the sense that ND lost a lot of production in that group. My disappointment is the talent we're losing. I think all 4 of those guys have a lot of potential and could turn into studs. But usually when a guy transfers from ND, it ends up not being that big a disappointment. When is the last time ND had a guy transfer and they turned into a first round draft pick?
I dont know. But a lot of good football players aren't first round picks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT