ADVERTISEMENT

BK to LSU per Reports

ND is still “the job”, and it’s not the job for a first time head coach. Just ask Davie or Faust. Like Ara said, it took all his years of coaching to prepare him. It was the same for BK. BK stated it was the hardest job he ever had.

Fickle is the new Herman or other hot coach not ready. IMHO.

it’s been almost 30 years since our last championship (1993), it’s time to go big.

Go pay Urbie and ride the implosion for 5 years. We get 2 or 3 Natty’s and then maybe Fickle or someone else will be ready.

It go pay Saban, Day or Dabo. Someone who has done it.

I’ve been a critic of Kelly but this hurts. If the money being tossed around is accurate it’s a no brainer. He has done all he can at ND. He knows he will never win a national championship at ND.

Reactions: 48triplethreat
ND is still “the job”, and it’s not the job for a first time head coach. Just ask Davie or Faust. Like Ara said, it took all his years of coaching to prepare him. It was the same for BK. BK stated it was the hardest job he ever had.

Fickle is the new Herman or other hot coach not ready. IMHO.

it’s been almost 30 years since our last championship (1993), it’s time to go big.

Go pay Urbie and ride the implosion for 5 years. We get 2 or 3 Natty’s and then maybe Fickle or someone else will be ready.
If we hire Freeman, we will have several losing seasons and he will get canned. I would bet my life on it.

I know none of the extremists here will acknowledge it all and will just be endlessly butt hurt by Kelly leaving and hate him for life now (as multiple embarrassing posts have already shown,) but this should just be a reminder to all of you of the reality that Notre Dame is NOT the Notre Dame you all continue to perceive it to be.

They're still a name, yes. And still a big name in college football. But there are a LOT of big names in college football now and they're just another one of those teams in that group. No one gives a crap what happened in 50/60/70 years ago. In the eyes of just about anyone outside of a message board like this, Kelly is leaving for a job just as, if not more prestigious because none of those people give a crap that a team won a lot of championships in and before the 1960's.
How quickly you forget, ND played for the National Championship in 2020, 2018 and 2012.

That’s being more than contemporaneously relevant.

However, I realize that the Kizer to Fuller wound is still open and painful to you and that Virginia has never been relevant in football !

Last edited:
It’s sounding lIke a complete blindside by reaction on Twitter.
I'm not surprised ND is silent, but I would be very surprised if they were blindsided by this. And if they were, shame on them. But as I said earlier, ND is notoriously slow moving in these situations.

Fickell seems like a the most obvious answer. Even though Cincy will be P5 in a few seasons, that is a hell of a long time to wait. He wants a big time job in the Midwest. That means only Ohio State, ND, and Michigan. Possibly Penn State if you want to consider than Midwest. How often are those jobs likely to come open? I think he will eventually take the ND job. I am just wondering about the time frame. Does ND wait and carefully weigh all options? How important is this year's signing class? If you wait until after the bowls you may lose a lot of kids.

Reactions: 48triplethreat
Fickell seems like a the most obvious answer. Even though Cincy will be P5 in a few seasons, that is a hell of a long time to wait. He wants a big time job in the Midwest. That means only Ohio State, ND, and Michigan. Possibly Penn State if you want to consider than Midwest. How often are those jobs likely to come open? I think he will eventually take the ND job. I am just wondering about the time frame. Does ND wait and carefully weigh all options? How important is this year's signing class? If you wait until after the bowls you may lose a lot of kids.
ND insiders are already saying it’s Freeman. We are screwed. Might not see ND good for another 20 years.

What if he is just built different?

Day and Riley both stepped in and flourished in similar situations
I do not believe in him at all. No reason to. He’s been with the program 1 year and struggled most of the season. He has never really done anything at all. He’d be a risk for a MAC team.

Kelly has a history of leaving teams in the middle of the night. He abandoned Cincy before their New Years bowl game to come here. If we make it to the playoffs or any major bowl game, I hope his ass is not on our sideline.

I do not believe in him at all. No reason to. He’s been with the program 1 year and struggled most of the season. He has never really done anything at all. He’d be a risk for a MAC team.
The defense has been better than Kellys offense. So your freaking out about losing BK but we've been a defensive team for years. I bet Freeman would hire a young dynamic OC

The defense has been better than Kellys offense. So your freaking out about losing BK but we've been a defensive team for years. I bet Freeman would hire a young dynamic OC
Terrible move. Freeman had no credibility. We will slide quick. We will be the new USC. I promise.

Clay Helton should have been more patient, before signing on to GSU.

The sun rises tomorrow just like today. Kelly reached his ceiling here. I think he saw pictures of Ed and hookers and he was sold. Joking aside, let's wait to see what happens and what Jack does. Pls no Tommy.

Reactions: Weisnheimer
Hire Freeman with the school giving him the best chance to succeed by allowing him to go after the best people he can get.

All he needs to understand his his abilities and that seems to be the defensive side of the ball. Go out and get the best offensive coaches you can get and let them do their thing.

Don't care what anyone says but I still don't believe to this day that Tommy or any OC before them truly ran the offense.

I'd still try and hold onto Lance. Not sure who else on that side of the ball. Maybe Tommy can actually call plays if given the chance. We may never know.

Reactions: IrishMike409
The tail number of the University of Norte Dame‘s jet is N-324FL
ESPN announced that LSU is ready to hire Brian Kelly, but NO ONE is reporting that Brian Kelly has notified ND that he’s leaving.

I still find it hard to believe that Kelly would leave ND

Reactions: FightingIrish44
ESPN announced that LSU is ready to hire Brian Kelly, but NO ONE is reporting that Brian Kelly has notified ND that he’s leaving.

This is going on pretty long. Man I hope this is a “gotcha” thing. I’m still holding out hope and really like Kelly.

Well, I'd suggest getting a good night's sleep because it will be old news by the morning.

Reactions: FightingIrish44

I am not surprised he would leave. I actually think it’s the right move for him legacy wise. i just don’t like the timing with the possibility at the playoff still there. It’s super shitty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT