ADVERTISEMENT

BK to LSU per Reports

Sorry no. Don't you have to go defend Ian Book against some of his detractors somewhere. You were a big Kelly fan. I'm sure you are just heartbroken.
Nope, the NFL and the New Orleans Saints spoke and confirmed everything I said about Book.

As to Kelly’s performance, his record speaks for itself..

I'm certainly not heartbroken, but I’m bitterly disappointed, for the players, coaches, Athletic Department, Students and fans.

Quitting at this particular time more than troubles me.

i would like to know the terms of his contract with ND.

Does he have to “buy-out” of his contract ?

When did ND know that LSU was approaching him ?

When did he notify ND ?

Is this Deja Vu all over again ?

A character trait ?

Jesus Christ.

My 1st thought: Freeman. If by some chance it is Fickell…well, I just might buy my 1st conspiracy theory ever.

I'm still digesting. Right now I think Freeman at best is a transition, until ND can get a truly experienced head coach. He lacks head coaching experience and hasn't been an ND long enough to make up for this.

I wish CBK stayed through the playoffs and bowl games. But I think he's going to LSU out of stone cold realism. He won't face the restrictions he does at ND, knowing clowns like Miles and Orgeron won titles there...with depth ND simply cannot have.

I've long made peace with the fact that college football is a farce when it comes to the student-athlete ideal. Actually makes me appreciate ND even more. Mind you, I still think ND should offer a non-challenging degree to help athletes as a social good, but that isn't going to happen...but I think the best and most ambitious coaches will be mindful of this.

Again, CBK is rolling the dice with his ambitions on apparently better odds. Best of luck. I respect that he brought ND back to serious respectability. I'll still dream of an Irish NC...somewhere, somehow, some magician will make it happen before I die.

I'm still digesting. Right now I think Freeman at best is a transition, until ND can get a truly experienced head coach. He lacks head coaching experience and hasn't been an ND long enough to make up for this.

I wish CBK stayed through the playoffs and bowl games. But I think he's going to LSU out of stone cold realism. He won't face the restrictions he does at ND, knowing clowns like Miles and Orgeron won titles there...with depth ND simply cannot have.

I've long made peace with the fact that college football is a farce when it comes to the student-athlete ideal. Actually makes me appreciate ND even more. Mind you, I still think ND should offer a non-challenging degree to help athletes as a social good, but that isn't going to happen...but I think the best and most ambitious coaches will be mindful of this.

Again, CBK is rolling the dice with his ambitions on apparently better odds. Best of luck. I respect that he brought ND back to serious respectability. I'll still dream of an Irish NC...somewhere, somehow, some magician will make it happen before I die.

I don't think Freeman is ready for game day decisions.

I don't think BK is a cultural fit for Louisiana. Or a temperment fit. Or a skin fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT