ADVERTISEMENT

BK & LSU Need an Oil Change 😂

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Same old BK led team. 2nd year QB looks like he regressed. Top 5 ranking & huge expectations his team gets blown out in another big game. Cant make an adjustment to save his life. I have to admit even though ive seen this movie so many times its gotten better that its not ND playing the lead role.

Brian Kelly is terrible.. He just got blown out by an average FSU team and I couldn't be happier
ND hid some of his flaws that would not be the case in SEC..
He could not get backups to play in any meaningful way in 12 years
We had so many backups play the entire half against Tennessee state the other day
He could not develop a QB in 12 years.. I think current QB @ LSU will be out with injury way before season is over as he runs that skinny guy too much.. too many hits..

Reactions: Chitown11
Way too much "i told you so" going on over a single game. Same group of people that will be dead silent/non existent if Kelly goes on to beat expectations rest of the season.

Way too much "i told you so" going on over a single game. Same group of people that will be dead silent/non existent if Kelly goes on to beat expectations rest of the season.
What are the expectations going 8-4? If so yes he may get there..

Reactions: Airzee23
What are the expectations going 8-4? If so yes he may get there..
There's a LOT of season left. Kelly's track record suggests that he can still win a lot of football games down the stretch. Can still win the SEC, can still make the playoff and win a natty. 1 loss against a good FSU team doesn't a season make.

There's a LOT of season left. Kelly's track record suggests that he can still win a lot of football games down the stretch. Can still win the SEC, can still make the playoff and win a natty. 1 loss against a good FSU team doesn't a season make.
I am not sure who drank more tonight you or Brian Kelly. He just got blown out by an average FSU team. He is not winning SEC or natty.. Imagine what Georgia would do to him if FSU can blow him out. It seems like a lot of wishful thinking from both you and kelly.

Reactions: BGI User 756
One of the benefits of playing against a good schedule in a really competitive conference is that even after a loss (or even two losses) you can still right the ship, win football games against good teams that matter, and instantly change the momentum in your program and ultimately increase the brand quickly.

Kelly/LSU will be favored in the next 7 games on their schedule and can easily head into Alabama with a 7-1 record with a chance to take down Saban in Tuscaloosa. Even a 6-2 record heading into Alabama will generate a ton of hype for the LSU program, and a win against Alabama will catapult them right back into the SEC championship/ playoff discussion.

Of course if that happens nobody in this thread will be around to comment on it.

Last edited:
He will have his 10 win seasons beating up on the bottom feeder SEC teams and weak OOC conference games, but he will not win anything of significance. He won't win the SEC championship, he won't win a title. He's not that kind of coach. I said it when LSU first hired him, he'll be fired within 5-6 years for failing to win a championship.

“One of the benefits of playing against a good schedule in a really competitive conference is that even after a loss (or even two losses) you can still right the ship, win football games against good teams that matter, and instantly change the momentum in your program and ultimately increase the brand quickly.”

“Kelly/LSU will be favored in the next 7 games on their schedule and can easily head into Alabama with a 7-1 record”

How can these two points written right after one another reconcile? “They play in a really competitive conference where they can easily be 7-1” (this is after losing their first game to a non-conference foe). How competitive is that, that they’re easily going to be 7-1 after losing their first (non-conference) game? I just looked at their schedule the rest of the way. Doesn’t look “really competitive”. It’s an average slate, imo.

Er, he list to fsu last year also. And he did not kick field goals twice last night. 6 points.

Kelly's track record suggests a 8-5 ish season.
He has made zero adjustments to his offense. Its the exact same plays & route concepts he ran at ND.
Jayden Daniels looked like the same QB as last year no growth. This now the 5 qb in a row that has exibited the same lack of growth.
Special teams have been a problem for over a decade even the LSU fans sarcastically clapped at a successful fair catch on a punt.
His redzone offense hasnt changed. Too many low percentage fade routes or slam it up the middle.
Recruiting BK has all the opportunity to land a number 1 class, but he wpuld rather golf or let the ast do the work instead of grind try to land the best class in the country.
Kelly is who he is. The same things ND fans bitched about are the same thing LSU fans are now bitching about.

I think Kelly was a very good coach but his ceiling was not ND's ceiling. Plus he was always kind of deuchy. Just a lot of little things added up--and I think ND.fan has a right to ask "how is shopping in that other aisle working out?" In terms of this season, LSU has some players and they will be good. But they won't make the playoffs and will lose in Oxford.

One of the benefits of playing against a good schedule in a really competitive conference is that even after a loss (or even two losses) you can still right the ship, win football games against good teams that matter, and instantly change the momentum in your program and ultimately increase the brand quickly.

Kelly/LSU will be favored in the next 7 games on their schedule and can easily head into Alabama with a 7-1 record with a chance to take down Saban in Tuscaloosa. Even a 6-2 record heading into Alabama will generate a ton of hype for the LSU program, and a win against Alabama will catapult them right back into the SEC championship/ playoff discussion.

Of course if that happens nobody in this thread will be around to comment on it.
If your bar is 6-2 and then hanging with Alabama then I guess it’s something to hope for … but that’s not what they hired him for. They are a season and a game into the BK era and they’ve seen the good and the bad of BK, and there’s plenty of both. Making the conference championship game and getting smacked around will get old fast … this board is full of people that know first hand.

Reactions: bizzybecknd

They have 1 ranked opponent in the next 7, Ole Miss. It would be an enormous shock if they lost to anyone in the next 7 that include Grambling and Army.

Kelly's track record suggests a 8-5 ish season.
He has made zero adjustments to his offense. Its the exact same plays & route concepts he ran at ND.
Jayden Daniels looked like the same QB as last year no growth. This now the 5 qb in a row that has exibited the same lack of growth.
Special teams have been a problem for over a decade even the LSU fans sarcastically clapped at a successful fair catch on a punt.
His redzone offense hasnt changed. Too many low percentage fade routes or slam it up the middle.
Recruiting BK has all the opportunity to land a number 1 class, but he wpuld rather golf or let the ast do the work instead of grind try to land the best class in the country.
Kelly is who he is. The same things ND fans bitched about are the same thing LSU fans are now bitching about.
100%, its a beautiful thing. Those Cajuns are gonna run his a$$ out of town soon. They won't put up with no NC for 13 years

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
They have 1 ranked opponent in the next 7, Ole Miss. It would be an enormous shock if they lost to anyone in the next 7 that include Grambling and Army.
1 ranked team but the 5 game stretch is not easy. I think they may lose 1 of them.

Miss st, Arkansas, Miss, Missouri, Auburn

Reactions: geisha
I know what you are saying, but I do have to ask... what are the expectations?

He has the 5th ranked team and just loss by 21 points. I mean, they were outscore 31-0 in the second half until giving up an inconsequential score against the reserves at the end of the game.

I know what you are saying, but I do have to ask... what are the expectations?

He has the 5th ranked team and just loss by 21 points. I mean, they were outscore 31-0 in the second half until giving up an inconsequential score against the reserves at the end of the game.
Expectations were SEC champion, making the playoff, maybe winning the whole thing.

All of it is still in play.

FSU was ranked 15th in the F+ update through week 0. Losing to a team ranked in the mid teens in week 1 when you still have all of your elite in-conference matchups left on the schedule is not a season-ender.

I've seen Kelly lose to good teams early on in the season at ND, and then go on to reel off a lot of convincing wins along with the team he lost to.

Point being, there's a lot of season left, and there's way too many people coming to way too many conclusions based on 4 quarters in week 1.

I am not sure who drank more tonight you or Brian Kelly. He just got blown out by an average FSU team. He is not winning SEC or natty.. Imagine what Georgia would do to him if FSU can blow him out. It seems like a lot of wishful thinking from both you and kelly.
“An average FSU team”

What makes you think that FSU is just an “average” team ?

Kelly is in a tough spot. He can no longer use the ND excuse. Cant recruit players I want, the admin wont give me what I need. Players have to focused on academics. Kelly's ego & laziness will get exposed at LSU
1. Kelly's OC. Instead of swallowing his pride & finding an elite OC to run the show BK 1st tried Rees then settled Denbrock. Why, because they were 2 BK guys that would run the offense the way he wanted them too.
2 QB developement. For over a decade BK has failed to either recruit the one of best QB's in the country or developed a really good qb into an elite QB.
Jayden Daniels looked the the same player he was last year. How can that be? The kid has a ton of talent, but looks stuck in nuetral in regards to development.
3. Special Teams. It took Freeman 1 year to realize that special teams is a critical part of the game. He changed the culture of special teams at ND. Made it an important unit & put starters on it. The results have been great. Kelly hired a former grad ast & also has him coaching linebackers. Once again refuses to change his philosophy even though its desperately needed.
4. In game adjustments. For years this has been a weakness. Both offense & defense last night got out schemed. I mean I dont know how a coaching staff can go a whole game & not realize one of the defensive players in the country has only rushed the QB 7 out of a possible 35 times. How does that not get fixed in a series?
5. Recruiting: Zero restrictions, a talent rich region. No excuse not to be fighting for the #1 class year in & year out. Except he doesnt want to put the effort & time it is required to do that. He wants his free time to golf & he lets the ast handle the most important job of the program.

Expectations were SEC champion, making the playoff, maybe winning the whole thing.

FSU was ranked 15th in the F+ update through week 0. Losing to a team ranked in the mid teens in week 1 when you still have all of your elite in-conference matchups left on the schedule is not a season-ender.

I've seen Kelly lose to good teams early on in the season at ND, and then go on to reel off a lot of convincing wins along with the team he lost to.

Point being, there's a lot of season left, and there's way too many people coming to way too many conclusions based on 4 quarters in week 1.
Lol then you havent watched a lot of ND football. Kelly's ND teams very rarely changed who they were in September were who they were in November.

Hello pot

I love how chase makes thread after thread ranting about how ND are mediocre and “10-15” in talent level and how the current coaches should be held accountable. And yet you’re defending mr mediocrity himself in Kelly. If ND lost a game like this no way you’d have this same tone.

Yeah. That was another awful ranking by F-

How could the be that bad putting them 15th.

Man that was brutal of them

Hello Karine

I love how chase makes thread after thread ranting about how ND are mediocre and “10-15” in talent level and how the current coaches should be held accountable. And yet you’re defending mr mediocrity himself in Kelly. If ND lost a game like this no way you’d have this same tone.
Exactly

No shit lol. Doesn't mean they will win all those games
Sorry, forgot to spell it out for you. They should be favored in every one. Those teams lost 30 games combined last year

If they don’t sweep, it’s on the staff

Sorry, forgot to spell it out for you. They should be favored in every one. Those teams lost 30 games combined last year

If they don’t sweep, it’s on the staff
Maybe.

But it's a quality 5 game stretch with no byes in between those games. A lot of teams would drop a game there. I expect Auburn and Arkansas to be pretty good this year.

Hope they lose at least 1 of them

Maybe.

But it's a quality 5 game stretch with no byes in between those games. A lot of teams would drop a game there. I expect Auburn and Arkansas to be pretty good this year.

Hope they lose at least 1 of them
Makes two of us

Am betting on it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT